Horse Racing & Tips Thread

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
Not the best racing today, wtf happened to bank holiday racing, I remember there would be 25-30 meetings on a bank holiday, not so much the good friday, but certainly easter Monday.

2.00L doing a forecast on Amtiyaz and Australis.
2.35L same on Arafi and Pholas

Treble on these

1.50C Sky commander
2.15N Broctune Red
2.50N Global Warning

EW Lucky 15 on these

2.00L Australis
3.10L Tone The Barone
4.30N Everkyllachy
5.15L Count Otto

The gamble on Gloves Lynch in the 3.35C has left Khatm a decent price at around 5/2. Will do it along with Apollo One in the 3.45L and Khuzaam in the 4.45L as a treble.

Good luck if you're having a bet today

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
Not the best racing today, wtf happened to bank holiday racing, I remember there would be 25-30 meetings on a bank holiday, not so much the good friday, but certainly easter Monday.

2.00L doing a forecast on Amtiyaz and Australis.
2.35L same on Arafi and Pholas

Treble on these

1.50C Sky commander
2.15N Broctune Red
2.50N Global Warning

EW Lucky 15 on these

2.00L Australis
3.10L Tone The Barone
4.30N Everkyllachy
5.15L Count Otto

The gamble on Gloves Lynch in the 3.35C has left Khatm a decent price at around 5/2. Will do it along with Apollo One in the 3.45L and Khuzaam in the 4.45L as a treble.

Good luck if you're having a bet today
I thought it was the Monday with endless racing? I guess that times change and folk have more choice of things to do? I had hoped for at least one Irish meeting :(
However I did manage to find these and it seems two of them got very close.

Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way
P
6. Devils Angel
16/5 10/3
2nd Apr NEWCASTLE 14:50 HANDICAP 0m 6f 0y - Each Way
14:50 02 April 2021
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
Best odds
P
3. Exalted Angel
7/1 15/2
2nd Apr LINGFIELD 15:10 EVENT 0m 6f 1y - Each Way
15:10 02 April 2021
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
Best odds
P
3. Starter For Ten
15/2
2nd Apr NEWCASTLE 16:30 HANDICAP 0m 7f 14y - Each Way

P
8. Mums Tipple
5/1
2nd Apr LINGFIELD 16:45 EVENT 1m 0f 1y - Each Way
Starting in 5 minutes
4. Ayr Harbour
9/2
2nd Apr LINGFIELD 17:15 APPRENTICE HANDICAP 0m 7f 1y - Each Way
Best odds

Slottery

PABnoaccred
MM
One of these days when you don't find single winner even made some spontan extra bets with mini stakes just to get one :D Should have few saved now for next two days...

Kenji85

Nice bet @geordiecolin.

So I am off til Tuesday.
Tonnes of meetings tomorrow and good racing sunday and even a nice spread monday.
Premier league back.
Golf.
Champions cup rugby.

The missus still stuck in the US.

One thing is for sure. It'll be an expensive weekend or I'll have built a man cave from my winnings :laugh:

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
Despite there being loads of racing tomorrow, I've struggled to find anything that I think might win, and is value, all I've got is

1.00H Emmpressive Lady 5/1
5.40C Foster'sisland 7/4
1.30H Five Star Getaway 6/5

At much bigger prices, and just that I think they are too high in the market, rather than expecting them to win

4.11M Sound Of Iona 25/1 (4 places)
3.15H Neverbeen To Paris 18/1 (5 places)
4.05F Golden Spear - this one is interesting. The stable thought he was good enough to run in the Cesarewitch not too long ago, he's now 4lb's lower than his last win, a recent spin on the Flat over an inadequate trip is a tactic the trainer has used successfully many times in the past too. The ground has turned in his favour. Typically since I was looking at it, it's halved in price, but if anything that just increases the confidence. 16/1 just about everywhere now (5 places).

In the Irish National on Monday, I think Roaring Bull is probably three times the price he should be at 100/1 with Hills, not saying it will win as there are plenty of negatives about it, but it certainly isn't a 100/1 shot in my eyes. (100/1 5 places with Hills)

Good luck

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
One more for today. 3.00M Copper Knight, has ran well in much better races than this, seems to go well when had a break, on a good mark today, last year ran it's best race by far on it's first run, and is 20lbs better off today on offical ratings. The negative's are Ella McCain riding and Tim Easterby not being in the best form. Around 9/1 currently.

In the 7.00W Final Attack is probably a bit overpriced at 12's, but (as his name suggests) he does need a strong pace so he can come flying home in the last furlong. Not 100% he will get it here, but Captain St Lucifer might take Act of Magic on for the lead giving him something to aim at. Pilot Wings and Captain St Lucifer are the others in the race I think have a good chance, so if I get any returns from the afternoons racing, might do some small rfc's and tricasts.

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
Nice bet @geordiecolin.

So I am off til Tuesday.
Tonnes of meetings tomorrow and good racing sunday and even a nice spread monday.
Premier league back.
Golf.
Champions cup rugby.

The missus still stuck in the US.

One thing is for sure. It'll be an expensive weekend or I'll have built a man cave from my winnings :laugh:
Cheers Ken. If I posted all of my lucky 15's for today the list would be too much so I'll just post one from the uk and one from Ireland.
Good luck all if your having a punt :)

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

2. Sexy Lot
10/3
3rd Apr HAYDOCK 13:00 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 2f 191y - Each Way
1. Checkitout
6/1
3rd Apr HAYDOCK 14:40 HANDICAP CHASE 3m 1f 125y - Each Way
5. Iwilldoit
7/1
3rd Apr HAYDOCK 15:15 HANDICAP HURDLE 3m 0f 58y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
2. Kapga De Lily
4/1
3rd Apr HAYDOCK 15:50 HANDICAP CHASE 2m 5f 127y - Each Way

And

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way
3rd Apr FAIRYHOUSE 13:15 2M 4F HURDLE 2m 4f - Each Way
16. Teescomponentsyess
6/1
E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 3 Places
3rd Apr FAIRYHOUSE 14:55 3M 1/2F HCAP CHASE 3m 150yds - Each Way
2. Kavanaghs Corner
13/2
E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 4 Places
Rule 4: 15p Deduction
3rd Apr FAIRYHOUSE 15:30 3M HCAP HURDLE 3m - Each Way
15. Ragnar Lodbrok
17/2
E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 5 Places
3rd Apr FAIRYHOUSE 16:05 2M HCAP HURDLE 2m - Each Way
10. Hurricane Cliff
12/1
E/W Terms: 1/5 Odds | 5 Places

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
Despite there being loads of racing tomorrow, I've struggled to find anything that I think might win, and is value, all I've got is

1.00H Emmpressive Lady 5/1
5.40C Foster'sisland 7/4
1.30H Five Star Getaway 6/5

At much bigger prices, and just that I think they are too high in the market, rather than expecting them to win

4.11M Sound Of Iona 25/1 (4 places)
3.15H Neverbeen To Paris 18/1 (5 places)
4.05F Golden Spear - this one is interesting. The stable thought he was good enough to run in the Cesarewitch not too long ago, he's now 4lb's lower than his last win, a recent spin on the Flat over an inadequate trip is a tactic the trainer has used successfully many times in the past too. The ground has turned in his favour. Typically since I was looking at it, it's halved in price, but if anything that just increases the confidence. 16/1 just about everywhere now (5 places).

In the Irish National on Monday, I think Roaring Bull is probably three times the price he should be at 100/1 with Hills, not saying it will win as there are plenty of negatives about it, but it certainly isn't a 100/1 shot in my eyes. (100/1 5 places with Hills)

Good luck
I think that Tiger Roll ran so beautifully last time out that his owners may regret not entering him into the Grand National itself again. But maybe the weights it was given was too much? I think that come Monday my money will be on him.
And congrats on how well Sunderland are doing now under the new manager. It looks like they will gain auto promotion :thumbsup:

Kenji85

It is a lot of racing today and I thought i would try something a little different. I've loaded up the exchanges(not betfair) and I am going to attempt to do some trading. I've backed a few I think will shorten significantly and laid a couple I think may drift.

Small example is I backed Jordan Spieth last night at 6.5 in running at Valero open. I laid him this morning at 3.55. Matched bet and matched lay mean I am guaranteed a small profit and another two points profit should he win.
I have no idea why smarkets wont let me screenshot but it may be my phone come to think of it, as I'm installing an update as I speak.

Screenshot_20210403-115946_Chrome.jpg

I fancy these 4. Note they are all in Ireland as I'm planning on laying lots of favs in UK I stuck to Ireland only for my each way lucky 15.
Folcano in the 3.30 at Fairy. I will back in a single also. Very unlucky to fall at cheltenham and I think is here to collect by way of compensation.

I will be laying Elimay at odds on also on the same card.

I wont bore you with my other lays/bets.

Gl all having a go.

Kenji85

Two of yesterday's lots doubled in price before the off. Needless to say I returned less than I invested :rolleyes:

Obviously I did a very similar bet today lol.
Every one of the four horses I picked in Ireland is in a race with an extra place.
Screenshot_20210404-120413_Chrome.jpg

I've also had a sneaky tenner each way on Breakeven on his own. I know Townend has been schooling at Thomas Mullins all winter so theres probably nothing in it but the last time he rode the horse they got on really well. I'm hoping he still has a couple of lbs in hand. At 15/2 5places I'm happy to have a little nibble.

I've also laid a few on the exchanges. All for small stakes as I'm still familiarising myself with the site. I did lay chelsea at 1/4 and a couple of odds on horses in running which meant I made a little profit yesterday on the exchanges.

Gl all having a punt and happy easter.

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
Good luck with your bets Ken. I had all of my nags in a ew lucky 31 place across Lingfield and Newcastle yesterday which made me come out about even on the day. I'm looking forward to Fairyhouse tomorrow as I've my eye on a few decent priced runners
I've a few on again today so I'll post of from Ireland and one English

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

17. Regina Dracones
13/2
4th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 14:20 2M 4F HCAP HURDLE 2m 4f - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
12. Royal Illusion
7/1
4th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 15:20 2M 4F HURDLE 2m 4f - Each Way
13. Steer Clear
15/2
4th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 16:25 2M 1/2F HCAP CHASE 2m 150yds - Each Way
4. Conflated
17/2
4th Apr FAIRYHOUSE 17:00 2M 4F CHASE 2m 4f - Each Way
Best odds

And

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

4. Aguerooo
9/2
4th Apr SOUTHWELL 13:00 HANDICAP 0m 4f 214y - Each Way
3. Lady Tremaine
11/2
4th Apr MARKET RASEN 13:10 MAIDEN HURDLE 2m 0f 125y - Each Way
3. Fletch
10/3
4th Apr MARKET RASEN 14:10 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4f 139y - Each Way
5. Jumping Cats
4/1
4th Apr PLUMPTON 16:31 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 4f 114y - Each Way
Best odds

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
How did everyone do today?

Can't believe I missed Josie’s Orders running today, I've backed it loads of times (including the time it won the Cheltenham x-country and the others) and didn't notice it today, ah well, only a 100/1 winner I missed :(

Oh well, no doubt my 100/1 National selection will win to make up for it, oh wait, nope lost my £5 on that as it's a non runner.

Didn't have one placed Saturday either, so this is a good start to April :)

Normally I would go out tomorrow with the bairn, but as the forecast is snow, rain, strong winds and sub zero temperatures for some of the day, think I'll probably be staying in to watch the racing, and Sunderland win an extremely important 6 pointer.

Will be doing an EW lucky 15 on

2.50R Challet 7/1
3.25R Gale Force Maya 5/1
1.00C No Quarter Asked 8/1 5 places
4.02K Pretty In Grey 14/1

The interesting one for me is Sean's ride, Dr Robin, in the 3.45C. If Peter has him fit he should win this easily. However, previous history shows he tends not to run well after a break, and it's 18 months since he last raced, so I think I'm backing that that won't be a problem this time than anything else. 10/1 seems overpriced to me, but think he will either win by a wide margin, or not get placed, don't think theres an in between with this one. So I'll have a couple of quid on to win, but also a couple of quid on him to win by 5l and 10l, which there aren't prices for yet, but assuming he's still 10's tomorrow, should be around 33-1 and 50/66-1 respectively.

The Irish National. this is a really high class field, better than the main National in my view. That does make it harder to pick a winner though so I'll be doing rfc's and rtricasts on these. Sempo has been widely touted as a plot horse for this for a while now, and was backed in from 33/1 to 8/1. Currently around 12's. Off You Go tends to be aimed at big races like this, and has to be included at 20/1. Robin De Carlow with Rachael Blackmore on can't be overlooked. The Big Dog is ridden by Jamie Codd who rides well here and is in great form, although the trainer not so much. Will be perming those 4.
Obviously Latest Exhibition might win this, but he has never ran over a trip close to this, and I think 9/2 is far too short for it. I also like Discordantly at big odds, but didn't want more than 4 horses in the perms, so it got left out. No prizes for guessing what will win, if any do from the ones I've mentioned :D

Doing a small EW Luck 15 on these no hopers all at Fairyhouse

2.05 Jon Ess 16/1 5 places
2.40 Coventry 16/1
3.50 Sixshooter 14/1
5.40 Rocky's Silver 20/1 4 places

Good luck everyone.

Kenji85

I laid every single favourite in UK today and it actually turned a small profit.
I also laid brighton at 1-0 up. They were odds on at half time so took a chance and it paid off.

I saw Josies Orders won at 100/1 and checked the date on the results page to make sure it was today's results and not the archives lol.
I also remember the x country wins and the banks course wins at punchestown too.

Robin De Carlow is my main national pick. 6 places if the horse is fit and given the trainer I'm sure it will be 16/1 is fair.
Court Maid is one I've had in the notebook for a while ( I think I tipped it up here when he won at fairyhouse before) and has won over C&D. 20/1 again is fair.

Like you say though. You could make a case for almost all of them.

Really good card overall there tomorrow. my old pal Jeff Kidder who won at 80/1 goes tomorrow. In a strong race though the fav Teaupoo is very difficult to beat I think.

Fakir D'oudaries is a shade of odds on too but will likely win.

I believe if Sunderland win tomorrow they will see it out and go up as champions.