Horse Racing & Tips Thread

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
This is one of my lucky 15's today. This evening I like the look of Fashion Free 6.45 Newcastle EW Good luck if your having a punt :thumbsup:

Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way

11. Cape Greco
17/2
26th Mar LINGFIELD 14:50 HANDICAP 1m 0f 1y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/4 Odds, 3 Places
7. Diamond State
7/1
26th Mar MUSSELBURGH 15:05 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 0f 85y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 4 Places
11. Love Baileys
8/1
26th Mar LINGFIELD 15:25 HANDICAP 0m 7f 1y - Each Way
10. Millie The Minx
4/1
26th Mar MUSSELBURGH 16:10 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 3f 171y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 3 Places
1. Sidi Ismael
11/2
26th Mar MUSSELBURGH 16:45 HANDICAP HURDLE 2m 3f 171y - Each Way
Best odds

Kenji85

Posting this now in case I forget to post in the morning.

In the Lincoln (3.10 Donc) I have Ouzo in my notebook for quite a while.

Goes well fresh, was second first run last season.
Wont mind the trip and I really liked the way he moved his last run of last season when winning at York.

As always the race is wide open but as each way pokes go I am go in on it.

25/1 6 places PP
22/1 7 places skybet (remember though,they don't do BOG,whereas PP is BOG from 8am).

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
There has been a lot of races to choose from but I eventually got there. I also quite fancied Home Before Dusk in the 235 but I had to stop somewhere. This is my main bet for this afternoon. Good luck all :)

Lucky 31 (x62) Each Way

3. Father Of Jazz
7/1
27th Mar DONCASTER 14:00 EVENT 1m 0f 0y - Each Way
14:00 Today
Best odds

14. Artistic Rifles
7/1
27th Mar DONCASTER 14:35 HANDICAP 1m 0f 0y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 5 Places
10. Grove Ferry
20/1
27th Mar DONCASTER 15:10 HANDICAP 1m 0f 0y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/5 Odds, 6 Places
6. Vanity Affair
13/2
27th Mar DONCASTER 16:55 APPRENTICE HANDICAP 1m 2f 43y - Each Way
7. Charlie Arthur
11/2
27th Mar DONCASTER 17:25 APPRENTICE HANDICAP 1m 2f 43y - Each Way
Best odds

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
If Jonbon is half as good as the stable think, he will win the 5.45 Newbury, and I'm amazed he's odds against, although only 6/5.

Ones I like today

2.05M Panadol at 4/1 should win this *disclaimer, I do terrible here
2.00D Montatham 7/2 (Qaysar would be my longshot in this race)
2.15K Master The Stars 8/1 EW
3.45D Just Frank 9/2

Still like Brunch to be placed or win the 3.10, and i looked at Graphite last night when it was 100/1 and thought I would have £2.50 EW on it, but it's now 22/1 best price, so screw that.....guaranteed it will win now :(

Good luck today

Kenji85

If Jonbon is half as good as the stable think, he will win the 5.45 Newbury, and I'm amazed he's odds against, although only 6/5.
To be fair it is a very strong bumper as ordinary bumpers go.

The profile is unreal though. Full brother to Douvan. Won PTP with ease and changed hands for over half a million I believe. The second in that PTP which he beat by a long way has since placed twice in races under rules for Gary Moore.
Shouldn't mind the ground. Douvan never struggled on G/S.

Probably a watching brief today but a good performance and watch how he'll appear at the head of the market for every novice hurdle at next years festival!

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
To be fair it is a very strong bumper as ordinary bumpers go.

The profile is unreal though. Full brother to Douvan. Won PTP with ease and changed hands for over half a million I believe. The second in that PTP which he beat by a long way has since placed twice in races under rules for Gary Moore.
Shouldn't mind the ground. Douvan never struggled on G/S.

Probably a watching brief today but a good performance and watch how he'll appear at the head of the market for every novice hurdle at next years festival!
Bloody hell man after yours and Col's write up I have already put my pen through my bet on Petrossian :(

Kenji85

Didn't do much. Just a token bet on the Lincoln, rugby and golf. But it looks like I would have been better off leaving the computer off and doing nothing :laugh:

cncas2123

Meister Member
One minute I had an 8/1 winner then the next time I checked my lat two bets where both non runners :(

Any luck today folks?
11/2 and 8/1 winners with a N/R in a lucky15. The 4th horse was a 7-4 shot, Gosden trained, and as usual ran like a plum cos i backed it.... still I got a decent lift from it so cant complain too much.

Last edited:

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
I got about half of my wagering back today which is ok for me considering that I hedge my betting so much.
Tomorrow seems like another decent betting day.
Is there any tips for tomorrow? I don't always read your tips but some times of the year can be more tricky given how the seasons turnaround.

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
No tips, but I like Power Under Me in the 2.50 at Naas, won on his debut over C&D and rated 100. If he gets beat I think it will be the draw that does it. Currently 4/1

Systemic in the 5.25 Donny is 13/2 which is a bit short, but think he has a decent chance of placing, if he drifts to about 8/1+ I might have a couple of quid each way.

Sean Bowen's only ride of the day, The Late Legend in the 5.15C is overpriced at 9/1, think he has too much weight to win, but wouldn't be surprised to see him place in this field. If the ground got softer then I would be more confident about a win.

Good luck all.

geordiecolin

Meister Member
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
No tips, but I like Power Under Me in the 2.50 at Naas, won on his debut over C&D and rated 100. If he gets beat I think it will be the draw that does it. Currently 4/1

Systemic in the 5.25 Donny is 13/2 which is a bit short, but think he has a decent chance of placing, if he drifts to about 8/1+ I might have a couple of quid each way.

Sean Bowen's only ride of the day, The Late Legend in the 5.15C is overpriced at 9/1, think he has too much weight to win, but wouldn't be surprised to see him place in this field. If the ground got softer then I would be more confident about a win.

Good luck all.
Here are mine for Donny today. Good luck :)

Lucky 15 (x30) Each Way

22. Eligible
16/1
28th Mar DONCASTER 13:20 HANDICAP 0m 7f 6y - Each Way
3. Secret Victory
5/1
28th Mar DONCASTER 15:05 HANDICAP 1m 2f 43y - Each Way
11. Lincoln Park
5/1
28th Mar DONCASTER 16:50 HANDICAP 0m 6f 2y - Each Way
7. Carausius
11/2
28th Mar DONCASTER 17:25 HANDICAP 1m 3f 197y - Each Way
Each Way: 1/4 Odds, 3 Places
Best odds

Kenji85

Didn't do much again today.

Small each way double on one at Navan rough diamond who I think will come on leaps and bounds as a 4 year old.
Also secret victory who is definitely fit and I was very happy to back after his last run.

Screenshot_20210328-135612_Chrome.jpg

Other than that I still have a few small golf bets and the like running. I hate international football as a betting proposition and will not go near it today.

Kenji85

Screenshot_20210328-135621_Chrome.jpg

Speaking of small golf bets. How about this for a cash out option.
Only small bet so not pushed.
Horcshel in the last 4 so guaranteed the ew money.

12.60 back from that
So effectively with 4 golfers left who can win in the match play so just win two matches it's yours etc. They are offering me 4quid for the potential 51quid return.
I assume they are hoping people wont factor in the place is already guaranteed. This is why I rarely if ever cash out,unless it's for Envoi Allen level stakes of course.