Your Input Please Here's the photos of my accident Thursday Lucky or Unlucky??

I'm actually born in year of the Dragon if that has any significance. I don't have a 3dice account but thanks!:thumbsup:

No matter which sign you were born under every twelfth day its a poor day for everybody. It so happens that 22 December this year is a poor day for those born in the year of the Dragon.:D Its winter solstice festival for us Chinese folks though.

Yes, in the civilized countries like the UK/Aus/NZ/S.Africa/Japan etc. we drive on the left...:D:D

Yes and you also drive cars the size of a thimble. :eek2:

And USA cars are following along... newer cars getting smaller and smaller, made of tinfoil and plastic... it's like driving around in toys... and just about as safe.

Glad you made it without any major injuries dunover. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear you're in one piece dunover, not a pleasant experience for sure but as has already been noted, could have finished off a lot worse than you did.

The collision must have occurred at a reasonable pace, how the hell did the driver pile into the back of something that size?

Glad to hear you're in one piece dunover, not a pleasant experience for sure but as has already been noted, could have finished off a lot worse than you did.

The collision must have occurred at a reasonable pace, how the hell did the driver pile into the back of something that size?

Yet to be determined, he will face enquiries. I saw it. He didn't. As for the van, even in your worst post-AWP hiding rages you couldn't have trashed it like that....:D

Modern vehicles are designed in such a way that they crumple and fold up to absorb the impact to protect the occupants, so ironically the damage can look worse than it would have done in an older car, but the passengers would have suffered far worse injuries.

It's also why vehicles can get written off after relatively minor collisions, as the crumple zones do their job.

Some people think modern cars aren't as 'strong' (and by extension safe) as older cars, but of course the reverse is the case and it's common for folks to survive crashes now that in the past would have been fatalities, or at least resulted in very serious injuries.

Modern vehicles are designed in such a way that they crumple and fold up to absorb the impact to protect the occupants, so ironically the damage can look worse than it would have done in an older car, but the passengers would have suffered far worse injuries.

It's also why vehicles can get written off after relatively minor collisions, as the crumple zones do their job.

Some people think modern cars aren't as 'strong' (and by extension safe) as older cars, but of course the reverse is the case and it's common for folks to survive crashes now that in the past would have been fatalities, or at least resulted in very serious injuries.

Indeed, but no vehicle has ever incorporated anti-cretin driver technology. As I found out. Boy are those pyrotechnics behind the airbags loud.....:eek:

Indeed, but no vehicle has ever incorporated anti-cretin driver technology. As I found out. Boy are those pyrotechnics behind the airbags loud.....:eek:

Yep, although considering they're fully deployed within about 100 milliseconds of the onset of the crash, they need a fair bit of pep behind them :)

In fact, quicker than that! Decision is made to deploy within 15 milliseconds, fully deployed in 60 to 80 milliseconds, so less than one tenth of a second, hence the bloody big bang from the charge!

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Typically, the decision to deploy an airbag in a frontal crash is made within 15 to 30 milliseconds after the onset of the crash, and both the driver and passenger airbags are fully inflated within approximately 60-80 milliseconds after the first moment of vehicle contact. If an airbag deploys too late or too slowly, the risk of occupant injury from contact with the inflating airbag may increase.