New Slot Announcement Here it is! BONANZA MK2 - Bonanza Megapays!!

Ive seen this wording before 'playing higher stakes increases the chances of triggering a progressive'

Which is balanced out by the jackpots being worth less in relation to stake size though.

Some made up example numbers:

A £100 jackpot on a £0.40 bet with a trigger chance of 1 in 5000.
A £100 jackpot on a £0.80 bet with a trigger chance of 1 in 2500.

Yes, the trigger chance at £0.80 is double but the jackpot is only worth 125x bet instead of 250x, so the actual value is identical despite the trigger chance being different.

This question would most likely be an easy one for @trancemonkey

2 players in this scenario;

Player 1 (me) only bets minimum stake
Player 2 (Roshy) only bets maximum stake

Which player would get a higher RTP overall?
Say both players played everyday, for a long period of time.

Ive seen this wording before 'playing higher stakes increases the chances of triggering a progressive'

So does this mean, that a low staking, min bet player will not be likely to achieve the stated RTP of the game?
Would they only be seeing the likes of the base game RTP and not feeling the benefit of the RTP going into the progressive pots?

Is the maths model in this kind of setup more geared to reward players doing max bets?

Sorry if this has been covered before,

I don't think the help file in these types of games are particularly clear, also I thought that the UKGC had a rule
that you couldnt have any advantage with higher stakes on a slot, or encouraging gamblers to use a higher stake?
For me, telling me in black and white that betting bigger is a betting strategy, surely this is not good for problem gamblers.

Rob :)
Neither would get a higher RTP. All that happens is that Tosh gets frequent mini or minor jackpots which equate to very little times stake overall. You on 20p would be playing the same Bonanza as normal but as the jackpot is a high stake multiple even on the small ones, would get them very rarely as you would too with say all-ways spins for several hundred times bet. So I guess you'd hardly notice the difference in game play, whereas he would get fewer standard wins and more of his 96.44% via the jackpot game. A progressive slot operating within the rules can certainly favour higher-stake players as to triggering chances, but cannot offer a lower RTP to any particular stake unless specified. Like the Bastardcrests with their 94% for sub £1 players and 96% for £2+....

But, why should a lower staking player be losing out and getting a lower RTP? The chance of winning a free spins round isn’t reduced on lower stakes, so why does the chance of a jackpot trigger need to be?

If the chance of triggering the progressive jackpot is very slim on minimum bet, then surely low staking players are just throwing away a fair chunk of their RTP to something the High staking players are benefitting from?

If the chance of triggering the progressive jackpot is very slim on minimum bet, then surely low staking players are just throwing away a fair chunk of their RTP to something the High staking players are benefitting from?

I’d think of it more like the small stakes player is getting a slightly more volatile version of the slot that the high stakes player. As explained above, the value of the progressives are worth much less to the higher stakes player but he/she is likely to see them more often. Low stakes players are likely to run far closer to the 86% and probably much lower for long stretches unless they are fortunate to hit any of the progressives.

For what it’s worth I genuinely hate pooled progressives. Unfortunately the big headline six and seven figure jackpots grab the attention.

Last edited:

No, it doesn't work like that - pro-rata, the high-stake players are making up the huge majority of the 9.4% RTP pot which consists of the progressive contributions. In fact, the opposite would be true in that I would be hellishly pissed-off if I was lumping 20 quid spins in all day and some joey came along and won the big pot with a 20p bet! Which is why your chances are proportionate to your bet. It works like a giant lottery machine with millions of balls in - you get say a single RNG jackpot 'pick' for a 20p spin and 100 for a £20 spin. So max stake is 100x more likely to pull the big prize, or a prize, out.

The game will end up being streamer bait as on £20 spins they'll be pulling the jackpot game out almost every fifty spins or so. And one of them will likely win the big bastard. So it will be on Tw@tter, YT and and cycle of bullshit will continue. :thumbsup:

No, it doesn't work like that - pro-rata, the high-stake players are making up the huge majority of the 9.4% RTP pot which consists of the progressive contributions. In fact, the opposite would be true in that I would be hellishly pissed-off if I was lumping 20 quid spins in all day and some joey came along and won the big pot with a 20p bet! Which is why your chances are proportionate to your bet. It works like a giant lottery machine with millions of balls in - you get say a single RNG jackpot 'pick' for a 20p spin and 100 for a £20 spin. So max stake is 100x more likely to pull the big prize, or a prize, out.

The game will end up being streamer bait as on £20 spins they'll be pulling the jackpot game out almost every fifty spins or so. And one of them will likely win the big bastard. So it will be on Tw@tter, YT and and cycle of bullshit will continue. :thumbsup:

Probably will be the case but I think this Big Bastard will be basically similar to the Mega Moolah JP where the highest JP gets won about once every year or 2. This is BTG afterall. Only a very few people have ever won anything close to or over 100,000 X bet on their slots. So the JP's will be the same in my opinion, impossible to trigger and impossible to win the max JP.

I will get my popcorn out now for the Bonanza 2 thread though! I can see it now in my head already.......... It will probably surpass the original in terms of posts in it too lol......

Probably will be the case but I think this Big Bastard will be basically similar to the Mega Moolah JP where the highest JP gets won about once every year or 2. This is BTG afterall. Only a very few people have ever won anything close to or over 100,000 X bet on their slots. So the JP's will be the same in my opinion, impossible to trigger and impossible to win the max JP.

I will get my popcorn out now for the Bonanza 2 thread though! I can see it now in my head already.......... It will probably surpass the original in terms of posts in it too lol......
As a retarded bonanza player "yeah i dunno why i play it" i just once want the 117k megaways in tha bonus :D

As a retarded bonanza player "yeah i dunno why i play it" i just once want the 117k megaways in tha bonus :D

You also forgot you need to build a decent multiplier first before you get the 117K ways spin. But on a serious note even if you did manage to get it during a feature. It would probably be a dead spin. 90% of Max Megaways spins result in no wins.......

You also forgot you need to build a decent multiplier first before you get the 117K ways spin. But on a serious note even if you did manage to get it during a feature. It would probably be a dead spin. 90% of Max Megaways spins result in no wins.......
Thats what i want so i can quit after haha:D

Multiplier at 20x, 117k ways shows up, first reel pops in full of diamonds, you die from a heart attack and then reality comes crashing through the door and fills reel two with J's...

Multiplier at 20x, 117k ways shows up, first reel pops in full of diamonds, you die from a heart attack and then reality comes crashing through the door and fills reel two with J's...
I had 4 wilds on the last spin in the bonus many times, every time i get scammed :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back