Help Windows 8.1 (Frustrated)

nygirl30

PABnonaccred
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot but I really need some help.

So I just bought 2 new computer's and they both have Windows 8.1, when i try to play any RTG games it's terrible. It is slow, spins horribly ,it almost lags a bit..

Anyone else have had any of these problems and how do I fix it, my other computer's worked great i was running Windows Vista and Windows 7 before.

Please help other than the gambling part the computer's work great :eek:

win 8 is rubbish

unless its a touch screen computer get the operating system put back to windows 7
or try running the program in compatibility mode winxp
my new pc came with win 8 ran like crap just put win 7 on

Just curious, have you tried the download AND the web based versions and if so did you notice that one was better?

I'm not running Windows 8 so can't give any input, but check with Dunover, I remember he was helping someone else out when they were having problems.

unless its a touch screen computer get the operating system put back to windows 7
or try running the program in compatibility mode winxp
my new pc came with win 8 ran like crap just put win 7 on
Agree. Win 8 and 8.1 is the new ME operating system which was a huge PITA. Worked totally like a piece of garbage.

This OS was put out by microsoft to increase their bottom line and it fell way short of their expectations so they have been forcing all computer companies to start placing this OS on ALL their systems they are selling to increase sales of the win 8 and 8.1. It s a huge dud. I still use windows xp pro and there is NOTHNG wrong with it. Microsoft has put the scare into the masses over the non updates for the OS xp and xp pro so that their sales can be boosted.

All you need is a good virusware and a good system support to keep your computer running good. I will not purchase this new system and do not recommend anyone to buy it until they come out with the NEW XP Pro or WIN 7 (which they are working on ) since WIN 8 and 8.1 fell flat with all users. I use AVG Free and Advanced system care.

The 2 best products out there that keep your computer clean and tuned without being so invasive as Norton and Mcaffee. Those are extremely bad. It takes over your whole system and then blocks everything you want to use.

If you can take back your computers, do it. Buy one off Ebay with windows 7 or xp pro. You can't go wrong since they were the BEST system microsoft ever put out .

Don't know what your computer specs are but I am running windows 8.1 with 4gbddr3 ram and a bog standard intel celeron 1.8 dual core and everything is playing nice with the exception of 32 red which recently has started to act like its started its own saving fund for a trip to mars and beyond.

Check your graphics card drivers are current (I used slimdrivers free to check and maybe try a lower resolution)
Check flashplayer is up to date (I use filehippo to scan my computer for any updates but I keep away from the flashplayer betas)
Use ccleaner to get rid of all the junk files and clear cache

If they dont help load up task manager and check your memory and cpu usage when playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back