Help needed in a unusual problem

Good question! I don’t know how it works to be honest and this also needs to be investigated, hence why I am on here asking questions. I didn’t want to steam in to gamstop or video slots with this being somewhat unusual.

The way I understand it to be is that the account details are checked against the Gamstop database, not the details of the payment method. So if you were to register with Gamstop, your account should be blocked next time you attempt to log in.

Why Videoslots accepted payments from a method that is not yours, is another question and has nothing to do with Gamstop.

Ha I don’t have 74p to risk on a scam and I also have a full log on my video slots account of every transaction!

Nothing popped up to confirm anything? I have looked at my account on video slots and you can see plain as day the transactions and all the history of the use of the account.

Regarding saving the password, I genuinely didn’t know it had saved to his device. However should it matter? if someone logs on to your account? Surly someone being able to register a card in a different name should not be possible?I just seek the security and YES gamstop has failed in this instant. CLEARLY my mate has an issue I was not aware of and I feel bad this has happened, bust most certainly not could of my own.

As I said I'll happily be proven wrong as with each case that is posted here on CM as we try to help every time.

However, to this day, my gut feeling was very rarely mistaken. Especially this trick I am referring to in your case needs careful preparation. Just sayin' :)

Truly hope I am indeed wrong and you can get a satisfactory resolution.

As I said I'll happily be proven wrong as with each case that is posted here on CM as we try to help every time.

However, to this day, my gut feeling was very rarely mistaken. Especially this trick I am referring to in your case needs careful preparation. Just sayin' :)

Truly hope I am indeed wrong and you can get a satisfactory resolution.
I appreciate your skepticism and understand where you are coming from. I see now Videoslots have commented, I will try get some resolution from them.

This is the friend's card trick all over, IMO. Sorry OP, but I did this kind of things a long time ago and I am indeed surprised it still works.

I won't describe how (for obvious reasons) but it does. One thing that gives it away in this case:

- Nobody saves passwords on someone else's phone. A message will always pop up which you have to confirm. Now, if the OP is such a casual player, why the need to save the password?

I could list more, but it would just uncover ways to do the trick.

Happy to be proven wrong as always but remember just the last case with GAMSTOP. That OP has gone all quiet: Deposited £74.9k at VideoSlots while SE

Strange that this "friend" is on GAMSTOP too. Just sayin'. :rolleyes:
-
yeah sounds a bit fishy to me :what: even if you save password with the pop up
VS always log you out after a while, tried it my self on my Iphone .

They log you out, but if you click login it does always save the password so feasible that this is the case.

Correct they do but if you click the save password it does and you are not asked to re enter it. I have obviously changed my password now and I investigated it at the time to see how it works.

Hi again,

@Slim mit -- We would appreciate it if you could send us an email at videoslotsteam@videoslots.com. We would like to look into this directly.

Best regards,
Team Videoslots
Hi, I have sent your team a message with a screen shot of your message on here as reference. I appreciate you making contact. I would like to say this is not a witch hunt I was just seeking advice.

Not saying it did or didn’t happen but a few things to consider.

The OP has lost nothing here apart from the trust of a so called friend. Yet (I am assuming male) he is the one who has taken the trouble to find a forum and ask for opinions and not the perpetrator, who you would expect to be the one posting the story.

Although not asked directly the only agenda that can be gleaned from the opening post is that the OP is looking for backing/reinforcement saying “your friend should get his deposits back”.

Putting myself in the position of the OP, would I be going to this trouble on behalf of someone who has been very underhanded and implicated me, in the scenario, unless I had an ulterior motive? Very probably not and if he still is a friend you have inadvertently exposed him as a fraudster.

Other things that have been mentioned such as the saved password and depositing without entering a cvv number are things that are more likely to have been done with purpose, than unintentionally.

Taken from the post on page 1. “I have not asked for anything back”.

What would you be entitled to ask for? Or is it possible that “I” and “he” are the same person?

As @Harry_BKK said I am happy to be proven wrong but something doesn’t add up here.

Not saying it did or didn’t happen but a few things to consider.

The OP has lost nothing here apart from the trust of a so called friend. Yet (I am assuming male) he is the one who has taken the trouble to find a forum and ask for opinions and not the perpetrator, who you would expect to be the one posting the story.

Although not asked directly the only agenda that can be gleaned from the opening post is that the OP is looking for backing/reinforcement saying “your friend should get his deposits back”.

Putting myself in the position of the OP, would I be going to this trouble on behalf of someone who has been very underhanded and implicated me, in the scenario, unless I had an ulterior motive? Very probably not and if he still is a friend you have inadvertently exposed him as a fraudster.

Other things that have been mentioned such as the saved password and depositing without entering a cvv number are things that are more likely to have been done with purpose, than unintentionally.

Taken from the post on page 1. “I have not asked for anything back”.

What would you be entitled to ask for? Or is it possible that “I” and “he” are the same person?

As @Harry_BKK said I am happy to be proven wrong but something doesn’t add up here.
Hi.
He used his own card and made deposits and a withdrawal. NOT MY CARD!
Not just one deposit either in excess of 50!
I am happy to talk to video slots to ensure stuff like this can’t happen in the future.

The comment I made regarding the cvv number was in reference to deposits I had made in the past using my own card.

When video slots investigate this they and I welcome it, they will see all transactions on the account.

when this is looked into I will be more than happy to post the out come.

Hi.
He used his own card and made deposits and a withdrawal. NOT MY CARD!
Not just one deposit either in excess of 50!
I am happy to talk to video slots to ensure stuff like this can’t happen in the future.

The comment I made regarding the cvv number was in reference to deposits I had made in the past using my own card.

When video slots investigate this they and I welcome it, they will see all transactions on the account.

when this is looked into I will be more than happy to post the out come.
In fact if someone could provide me with a uk contact number for video slots I would be grateful. I can’t seem to find one.
Thanks

is the depositing card registered with your name on there or with your friends? i ask as many providers do not check name details apart from postcode and ccv check (Believe it or not some only check ccv number before allowing the transaction).

Therefore its easy for this to slip through the net for videoslots - i could register my friends card with my name and my postcode and it would still work.

is the depositing card registered with your name on there or with your friends? i ask as many providers do not check name details apart from postcode and ccv check (Believe it or not some only check ccv number before allowing the transaction).

Therefore its easy for this to slip through the net for videoslots - i could register my friends card with my name and my postcode and it would still work.

Don't think so, for example. My wife could be standing beside me and fart and I would probably get a popup from videoslots asking for verification of the fartee.

It’s his card with his name he has registered on my account. I don’t know what is registered in my name now as the account has been disabled well the investigation is carried out. To be really honest I had always Just presumed a site would only ever except a card in the account holders name.

the funny thing is last I used my account with video slots I wanted to make a withdrawal but it still had my old card register and therefore would not allow me to withdraw to my new card? Now all this has happened and no questions raised! That is my issue with it all. Apart from this I have always liked video slots when I have used the site.

Correct when the card is verified it verifies the number and cvc not the name hence why when you call some where to make a payment they always ask the cardholders name .

I can confirm that this was/maybe still is possible as I once remember entering an cvv number of an old card by mistake and it still went through and once omitting the number completely by accident and to my amazement it still worked.:confused:

CVC is not strictly required, rather it protects the merchant - by requesting the CVC they’ve proved the card is in possession of the payer. If it’s not requested, the onus is on the merchant to prove the card was legitimately used.

Same as chip & pin was brought in to protect banks - for a fraud case with signatures, the bank had to prove you didn’t use the card. If your PIN was used, it was almost certainly your usage of the card, or you had disclosed your PIN to someone else. Either way, you’re responsible and they’re not.

CVC is not strictly required, rather it protects the merchant - by requesting the CVC they’ve proved the card is in possession of the payer. If it’s not requested, the onus is on the merchant to prove the card was legitimately used.

Same as chip & pin was brought in to protect banks - for a fraud case with signatures, the bank had to prove you didn’t use the card. If your PIN was used, it was almost certainly your usage of the card, or you had disclosed your PIN to someone else. Either way, you’re responsible and they’re not.
So in effect when using your card to to purchase goods via phone or online and asked for the last 3 digits on the back, you could submit any 3 numbers and it would still work?

Thank you. I actually was not aware that is how it worked, good to know though. I must admit it did take my by surprise when asking for the cvv but still going through with out it entered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back