Help Identify this item please!!!

silcnlayc

Just one more spin pleez!
PABaccred
PABnonaccred
Hi everyone. I sure hope someone can help me with this. I have searched for 2 days and cannot find this part to my boombox. If someone, anyone would be kind enough to give me a heads up on where I can purchase another one of these, I would be so ever grateful. I have been to all the home hardware stores, tv repair shops, flea markets (trying to find the same type of item), auto stores etc etc..No one can tell me what it is and where I can buy it. I have no manual so I cannot even look up the part number or item name. It is no longer produced so there is no support to be had.

It is a Spirit of St Louis Boombox/CD Player/Radio
Model # Ryan NX-211
Year 1998

I took some pics that didn't turn out real well but hopefully you can make out what it is. It is made from pot metal.

Thanks!

.Old Attachment (Invalid)

Attachments

• 100_0824.jpg
    100_0824.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_0822.jpg
    100_0822.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_0823.jpg
    100_0823.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 48
  • toggles.JPG
    toggles.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 46
  • HPIM4149.jpg
    HPIM4149.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Silc, check this
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
The photos you have look like just the handle part - there's got to be some kind of little electronic component attached, when you replace it you have to replace the whole thing.

There's a customer service number you can call, maybe they'll be able to tell you if one of these will work in that machine. Then even if you get the part number you should be able to find it at a local electronics store (or have them order it for you) :thumbsup:

Thank you

Thank you chayton for this info. I have already tried those items and they cannot be modified for the item I need. Those have electonics attached to the switch handle. I just need the handle that slide on to the wire inside the cabinet (as shown in pic) . This is how it turns the items on/off by being on the wire that goes through the middle of the little toggle thing. All it is is the actual toggle handle with a small hole in the middle. Amazing how with all this online information, something simple as this cannot be found by a person. Thank you for trying....

Sounds like it would be easier to just go to a machine shop and have them make you a new one!

My last idea - I'm sure you've already done this, but have you tried a hobby shop, some place that has electric trains and stuff like that?

Sounds like it would be easier to just go to a machine shop and have them make you a new one!

My last idea - I'm sure you've already done this, but have you tried a hobby shop, some place that has electric trains and stuff like that?
I haven't. Good Idea. Now, to find one in the area , thanks!

i have a friend with a custom metal shop, im sure he can make it, but he'd need lots more detail and pics.

let me know and i will get you in touch with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back