Have you put up your xmas tree yet?

Some people are :lolup:

scrooge.jpg

The Christmas tree is to be enjoyed at Christmas! Do you cook your Thanksgiving turkey at Halloween?

No, but that's food.

So when do you take it down? Christmas day eve?

What's the use of going through all the time it takes to decorate on Christmas eve? We go to my dads on Christmas eve, spend time with family and are so busy there would be no way to do it then.

Ok Ok I got a good funnt story that well and truly relates to this thread.

Every year at my girlfriends parent house we actually go out at about 2 in the morning and cut down a real xmas pine tree.

Now the funny part is how we get the xmas tree, there is a family friend who is a DR and lives on about 5 acres of land and loves to grow those xmas pine trees out the front, Anyways ever year he has his favorite tree that he has looked after for the whole year and admires it so.

Welll!!!- at 2am about 6 of us go out drunk as skunks and cut the shit out of that tree and take it back home for decoration.
The DR then comes over and says what a beautiful tree you guys have and where did you get it is when we tell him the truth.

we have gotten away with thisn for the last 4 years in a row, he just seems to forget.

gotta love that christmas spirit!

:thumbsup:

[tree status: up and decorated, presents underneath: 0]

No, but that's food.

So when do you take it down? Christmas day eve?

What's the use of going through all the time it takes to decorate on Christmas eve? We go to my dads on Christmas eve, spend time with family and are so busy there would be no way to do it then.
A large part of Europe (those that have not been corrupted by the Americans) put up their Christmas tree on Christmas Eve, so it is possible. The children can decorate it, it gets them out of the way for a while. If you put up your tree a month early, it won't have any leaves left by Christmas. The traditional time to take it down is Epiphany.

If you put up your tree a month early, it won't have any leaves left by Christmas.

Not true....we had live trees for many years, and not one of them turned brown/lost all of its needles before xmas....as long as you take care of it, it's going to be fine.

Ok Ok I got a good funnt story that well and truly relates to this thread.

Every year at my girlfriends parent house we actually go out at about 2 in the morning and cut down a real xmas pine tree.

Now the funny part is how we get the xmas tree, there is a family friend who is a DR and lives on about 5 acres of land and loves to grow those xmas pine trees out the front, Anyways ever year he has his favorite tree that he has looked after for the whole year and admires it so.

Welll!!!- at 2am about 6 of us go out drunk as skunks and cut the shit out of that tree and take it back home for decoration.
The DR then comes over and says what a beautiful tree you guys have and where did you get it is when we tell him the truth.

we have gotten away with thisn for the last 4 years in a row, he just seems to forget.

Or maybe he does this on purpose....getting you, and you don't even know you were got. :D

i was always taught to feed the tree aspirin.

:thumbsup:

Our tradition was to always put our real tree up together on chistmas eve in anticipation of santas midnight visit. We (eight kids) would have a large dinner and we all would gather around the tree to decorate, have dinner and get ready for bed turning out all the lights except the twinkiling tree lights. Knowing we will have presents under the tree the next day..we all would be up around 5 am...

Today, I carry on this tradition even with my kids gone. We leave the tree up till new years day. (for luck) Just as my parents did.

The kids always loved this before they grew up.. they always asked why others had their trees up for so long without presents because it looked so bare and lonely ..because they knew that theirs would be up the night before xmas..full of presents....excitement and joy....

I always thought my parents were different growing up because of this but would never trade the feeling of family and togetherness we got doing it their way.

Nothing wrong with putting up a tree early...but even today I look at some beautiful trees decorated that look lonely and out of place so early in the season forgotten in the corner...:rolleyes: I think this has desensitized many to the real reason for this holiday..(the stores are really guilty of this)

Go out to the tree farm on the weekend of thanksgiving.
My tree will be up on Sunday until Jan1st
start off by drilling 5 holes on the bottom of the tree and give it Hot water for the next 3 days & after that cold water until you take it down.
I have never made any of my trees dry out.

cats and dogs and things oh my

i,ve got you all beat lol i have one big 30 pound cat,6 dogs,one hamster,one water trutle,2 land trutles,fish,and 2 alligaters that my 2 1/2 year old loves to feed lol and five kids on top of that lol. marry x-mas everyone:) oh and my tree goes up about 2 weeks before x-mas never had one dry out on me and i don,t have to worrie about my cat just my little girl stealing candy canes lol.

Its been a tradition in our family for years to put up our tree after Thanksgiving (Sunday) and we have it up until New Year. I enjoy the 30 days of pretty lights and ornaments. I dont think anything is an abomination if it has meaning to your family

Since we are not having a party this season , the tree is in our bedroom!! Yes, you read it right LOL. I spend alot of time here so I might as well enjoy it, besides, its kind of romantic looking in the evening.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back