HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

HAPPY NEW yEAR and I have my black eye peas ready for tomorrow and my sign on the door for females not to knock before a male has entered my home. Black eye peas and a male visitor are supposed to bring you luck throughout the year...my mom will call us and tell us when the first male has come into her home so we all know not to show up until then...lol

Interesting folklore - I can recall my parents having a similar superstition that the first person to cross the threshold as the old year expired had to be dark haired, male and holding a piece of coal to ensure good luck in the coming year!

Happy New Year to you all, and best wishes for good health, happiness and big wins!

Interesting folklore - I can recall my parents having a similar superstition that the first person to cross the threshold as the old year expired had to be dark haired, male and holding a piece of coal to ensure good luck in the coming year!

Happy New Year to you all, and best wishes for good health, happiness and big wins!

That sounds alot like Scottish folklore and Hogmanay .They celebrate for 3 days, well at least when i was there they did...lol

Back again !

Felice Anno Nuovo!!!!!

ph a l y ch a a..n n o n (yo)u o v o

that's not simple, not simple, not simple

You make me :)! It was the same thought I had while was writing.

A bottle of joyful?

or some glass of Bardolino wine?

already written. "Bardolino"

B as B a as ......

oh noooo! once again, o no no no

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back