Happy Holidays

Happy holidays all.

Christmas season can be bloody stressful, with decos, obligations, family, money, shopping. etc and for many, it can be downright difficult if you throw in SAD, depression, among other things.

So just a couple ideas to throw out there and hopefully anyone else has any, feel free to contribute.

Broke?
The giving is in the gesture.
*Shovel someone's driveway early Xmas morning - free to you, a heck of a helping hand to someone rushed for time or less physically able.
* You'd be amazed what you can make from a near empty fridge and pantry and pocket change by way of an all-day, feed the family, hearty chili

Flush for funds?
*Raffle off a $50 to your Facebook friends (I do this every year). It might not seem much to you, but for a struggling single parent it can go a long way.
*Grab one extra gift to drop off at a toy drive. Believe me, there's children out there it will bring a smile to Xmas morning
*Skip your morning drive-though coffee. That handful of change in the hands of firefighters and police officers can help build their toy drive that you know will come back into your community

Lonely?
*Spending the day alone? Pull up your big boots and take your furry monsters out and play in the snow, exahust yourselves and cuddle on the couch to a good flick. They'll be excited to have you home to themselves.
*Waking up alone but for your fur-babies? Cheesey as it sounds, they're as excited to open a small gift given by their fur-mommies and fur-daddies
*Login to your FB acct or CM acct. You arent the only one out there can't make it somewhere or doesnt have someone.

Grumpy?
*Bite your tongue. Before you go off on a retailer, clerk or bank teller, or CM rep - remember, they're probably as frazzled and exhausted as you. A Happy Holidays and smile might relieve both your pressure cookers.

Depressed?
*Google your local help lines. Handy for you but share on your FB timeline for others.
*Count your blessings. If you're home on your pc/phone under a roof, there's 2 right there.
*Walk around your neighbourhood, park, waterfront and take in the lights and sights.
*Hit a skating rink or coffee/cafe to surround yourself with other people

I hope everyone here has a happy holiday and to your friends and families, a safe and happy season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back