Gorilla gold warning

I think its fine to discuss. It is a forum after all.

I had a go on this on release day and hit the super spins in the bonus. Cant remember how much it paid but not enough for me to remember :)

I did like the way it said something like 'you can do better than that!' before the supers start. I did agree and still concurred afterwards.

I sit on the fence with all of these kind of threads mostly because although the logic is there, in my experience there seems to be a honeymoon period with some games. Its a software program after all and its not impossible for programmers to write several massive hits into the early life of a game.

Not saying they do but you have to believe in your own experiences.

How could a slot that has billions of permutations such as the megaways variety ever be expected to be running remotely within rtp range when checked, unless it was continually being controlled?

The answer I am expecting is “it’s all in the maths”. Maybe it is but if at the same time results are random you wouldn’t know in what order they are going to appear.

You could sample it several times and find its underachieving considerably only to sample it a year later to find its overachieving. Then 5 years later it might be running somewhere close. So unless there is something in the software that keeps it within regulation I cannot see how an audit of any game can claim to have any credence.

The way the working of slots is presented ensures there are enough grey areas to explain away any irregularities.

Doesnt that feature just keep going until you have hit atleast 100x stake?

Actually didn't know that and on thinking about it if we are saying the stake was 50p instead of the £2 then it was 128X!! But one idol was mental in 20 spins

Developers do updates near-enough all the time, and have the resources to keep the games tip-top. Especially with visual bugs manifesting themselves after fixing an old one etc

Likely I'd imagine if anything was changed in the gameplay, it'll just have stretched the variance whilst keeping the same RTP. Or more likely the OP went through a purple patch, much like mine on DOA the other day, where I thought for a good 1/2 hour the game was broken. It was a scatter orgy.

And 'patches' happen all the time, especially in video games, and when you don't want them. Take For Honor. One minute you're the don and throwing out ninja-style combos, next update, you find your character's slower and weaker than a sloth on meth

Just to confirm

I wasn’t saying it was unfair
Rigged
A con
A rip off

and no I don’t think it was a purple patch it just simply plays differently now...
must be that they have changed a graphic tho as they can’t change anything else apparently !!!!

Developers do updates near-enough all the time, and have the resources to keep the games tip-top. Especially with visual bugs manifesting themselves after fixing an old one etc

Likely I'd imagine if anything was changed in the gameplay, it'll just have stretched the variance whilst keeping the same RTP. Or more likely the OP went through a purple patch, much like mine on DOA the other day, where I thought for a good 1/2 hour the game was broken. It was a scatter orgy.

And 'patches' happen all the time, especially in video games, and when you don't want them. Take For Honor. One minute you're the don and throwing out ninja-style combos, next update, you find your character's slower and weaker than a sloth on meth

Mate Beetlejuice Megaways wagered like Gemix for me for 2 days. Went on it yesterday, not for long, but it played totally different.

I had 2 DOA sets of wildlines in my first 3 months slotting, none since in over 2 years :)

They all have peaks and troughs.

Also, because of the element of given randomness somebody could have a whole year of perceivable luck on a game with not many dips, maybe longer. As well as the flip side.

I feel like I am banging my head against a wall here so this is my last post on the matter as it was only intended as a helpful post as a 20 year plus player that knows the difference between a game hitting a lull or having something in the mechanics changed...

It’s blatently changed how it plays

whether that’s had an impact on RTP or volatility or what I don’t know but it’s changed, that’s all I was bloody well saying....

I remember years ago playing tiki totems on jackpot joy as I had been rinsing it playing high stakes... I couldn’t hit a big feature no matter how long or hard I tried... I got a call from them as spend had increased and it transpires they had changed the volatility level from medium high to low... now I was still playing it as a high volatility game and did my nuts, and it was them that offered me that information....

Knowing what sort of game you are playing effects how you play it.. ( in my opinion )

so knowing what you are playing is important and knowing when it’s changed so you can change playing style accordingly is important too ( again in my opinion )

playing a low variance game looking for a massive hit is going to end badly as it will nibble you balance the more you play and there will be no big hits to get you back on track...

It also confirms that games can be and are changed and that those that say otherwise are misguided, wrong, lying, naive or stupid.
Delete as applicable.

Well played it again today. Got 3 bonuses in 50 spins, only took one of them which was 15 spins after losing the first gamble twice on 12 before and it paid 25X! Base game awful as well, misses max Megaways a lot! Wont be playing again, war with Rainbow Riches megaways resumed!

It also confirms that games can be and are changed and that those that say otherwise are misguided, wrong, lying, naive or stupid.
Delete as applicable.

Do you have to be so insulting? You may feel your banging your head against a brick wall because of a stress headache?

How long has this game been out? How many spins in total did you do before you noticed a change because at the moment all i can think is that youve had a bad run following a really good one like everyone who has ever played slots.

Im not saying your right or wrong but what evidence have you got to support your claim apart from 'i played this and it was great, now ive played it and its bad'?

I feel like I am banging my head against a wall here so this is my last post on the matter as it was only intended as a helpful post as a 20 year plus player that knows the difference between a game hitting a lull or having something in the mechanics changed...

It’s blatently changed how it plays

whether that’s had an impact on RTP or volatility or what I don’t know but it’s changed, that’s all I was bloody well saying....

I remember years ago playing tiki totems on jackpot joy as I had been rinsing it playing high stakes... I couldn’t hit a big feature no matter how long or hard I tried... I got a call from them as spend had increased and it transpires they had changed the volatility level from medium high to low... now I was still playing it as a high volatility game and did my nuts, and it was them that offered me that information....

Knowing what sort of game you are playing effects how you play it.. ( in my opinion )

so knowing what you are playing is important and knowing when it’s changed so you can change playing style accordingly is important too ( again in my opinion )

playing a low variance game looking for a massive hit is going to end badly as it will nibble you balance the more you play and there will be no big hits to get you back on track...

Delete as applicable.
Well that changed rather quickly from a lot of 'my opinion' to 'you're all a bunch of blind morons'

Seems to be the theme on CM, just like yesterday's village idiot who started a streamer thread and insulted everyone who didn't agree or join his righteous crusade against YT and Twitch :rolleyes:

Fact is I see games dying from one day to the next ALL THE TIME. You being a slotting veteran of 20 years doesn't make you all-knowing and your opinion definitive

I've seen DOA go cold for years and then come back to give me successive wildlines after a 3-year hiatus

I see games dying mid-session when they seemed they could do no wrong

I've cursed Bonanza into the ground for weeks and then gone on unexpected bonus parties where I cash out £700, where it played so well I was actually getting bored of it. Next day? It played shit

The list goes on. Used to play Rhyming Reels games like Ol King Cole etc, which seemingly played superb for many a session. Then they didn't! You know what I did? I stopped playing it!

So bore off with your insults

I got bonus on this today pretty quickly, but the return was 8x. I didn't know the free spins normal was so bad, I despise the gambling feature on any bonus won, its a despicable way to a game. Why not just offer the gg spins and have a high volatility instead, so when you do get, you may hit the big one.

Personal I think the games trash and it'll chew through balances like no man's business, I'd proceed on the side of caution with your funds

I am annoyed at myself for replying as I said I wouldn’t....

But as everyone seems to have still missed the point this thread was not started to have a debate on whether slots can go hot cold dead or get changed, it was a post made purely to look out for anyone that had experienced its initial play and to not fall into a trap and chase something that is maybe no longer there....

I really didn’t want to get into a bloody argument over it.....

As for comparing it to DOA, the most volatile game on the bloody planet, with a million people still chasing the wild line at 9p....

Slightly different scenario, and not a good comparison....

Bonanza and all megaways games yes absolutely I totally agree with you, I don’t like bonanza myself, it dicks me everytime, but wwtbam I can hit 10 features in a day and then none for a week....

The difference being if I hit none for a week I don’t post a thread about it...

As for how many games I have played on it...

Whatever I say won’t be enough for it be taken as sufficient to warrant it being a subjective number of spins, so that’s irrelevant... but suffice to say it’s enough that I have had over 50 features on it so far varying from pants to uber pants to criminal and 1 good one and a couple of monsters...

Anyways apologies if I caused offence, but there were a fair few digs back at me during the thread and i was getting frustrated, that said, I do find it incredulous that people believe that slot Mechanic’s are never changed behind the scenes...but that’s another story that I’m not getting into...

And pps

I took the 35 spins a couple of times, the best I got back was 30x

If you are going to play it you need to shoot for the gorilla spins or not play it as the normal feature is pointless... the reels never pass 3000 ways so no decent amount can be expected to be achieved when the boards are crushed every spin...

As for comparing it to DOA, the most volatile game on the bloody planet, with a million people still chasing the wild line at 9p....

Not everyone has an endless pit of money, who cares if it’s 9p or £9? Belittled all low rollers with that statement

Last edited:

Not everyone has an endless pit of money, who cares if it’s 9p or £9? Belittled all low rollers with that statement

Now you are just being argumentative...

It’s widely accepted that 9/18p is a perfectly sensible stake to play that game on as can hit 100,000 x

It wasn’t belittling at all, but it was a poor comparison game as totally different style of game and volatility.

I have played doa on and off for thousands of spins... never hit anything probably never will but can be fun to chase the dream hit for not much risk.

And you are right stake is not relevant, but you are taking my comment out of context... the point was at 9p a spin you can afford to have an awful lot of spins compared to gorilla which I think is min 50p

I am annoyed at myself for replying as I said I wouldn’t....

But as everyone seems to have still missed the point this thread was not started to have a debate on whether slots can go hot cold dead or get changed, it was a post made purely to look out for anyone that had experienced its initial play and to not fall into a trap and chase something that is maybe no longer there....

I really didn’t want to get into a bloody argument over it.....

Slightly different scenario, and not a good comparison....

Bonanza and all megaways games yes absolutely I totally agree with you, I don’t like bonanza myself, it dicks me everytime, but wwtbam I can hit 10 features in a day and then none for a week....

The difference being if I hit none for a week I don’t post a thread about it...

As for how many games I have played on it...

Whatever I say won’t be enough for it be taken as sufficient to warrant it being a subjective number of spins, so that’s irrelevant... but suffice to say it’s enough that I have had over 50 features on it so far varying from pants to uber pants to criminal and 1 good one and a couple of monsters...

Anyways apologies if I caused offence, but there were a fair few digs back at me during the thread and i was getting frustrated, that said, I do find it incredulous that people believe that slot Mechanic’s are never changed behind the scenes...but that’s another story that I’m not getting into...

And pps

I took the 35 spins a couple of times, the best I got back was 30x

If you are going to play it you need to shoot for the gorilla spins or not play it as the normal feature is pointless... the reels never pass 3000 ways so no decent amount can be expected to be achieved when the boards are crushed every spin...

FYI, DOA has a volatility of 7-8/10, hence, by far not the most volatile slot on the planet. So much for your 20 years experience and "extensive" knowledge of slots. :rolleyes:

DOA2 is in the same ballpark, albeit a little higher.

As for Gorilla Gold MW, you are all making a big mistake. You are playing 4 slots. IF your total stake is 2.00 then it is divided into 4x40 for the 4 slots and 0.40 for the SuperBet.

When you get a Free Spins feature, your stake for the feature is not 2.00, it is 0.40!!!! The pays are according to that.

Last edited:
I must have been lucky the last couple of times I’ve played it.
I agree that the normal free spins are rubbish but I’ve been lucky enough to get 2 Gorilla super spins both going for over 3000x with all 4 slots open. Both bonuses dropped in quite quickly as well. I think I only spent about £30 to get them.

Attachments

• 2719B2DA-2316-4B17-A33A-CCAC89514458.jpeg
    2719B2DA-2316-4B17-A33A-CCAC89514458.jpeg
    209.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 40F9A5CB-5BBD-4321-AA8B-800711514DD2.png
    40F9A5CB-5BBD-4321-AA8B-800711514DD2.png
    263 KB · Views: 30
FYI, DOA has a volatility of 7-8/10, hence, by far not the most volatile slot on the planet. So much for your 20 years experience and "extensive" knowledge of slots. :rolleyes:

As for Gorilla Gold MW, you are all making a big mistake. You are playing 4 slots. IF your total stake is 2.00 then it is divided into 4x40 for the 4 slots and 0.40 for the SuperBet.

When you get a Free Spins feature, your stake for the feature is not 2.00, it is 0.40!!!! The pays are according to that.

Im not sure what you mean ... why are we making a big mistake ?

We understand what you are saying but failing to see why we are mistaken ?

You still measure it against the cost of the total play for the game ( £2 in your example )

As do the leaderboards that are now accessible on some sites ?

As for your opening gambit
Well now you are just being argumentative for the hell of it so I’ll choose not to respond to that part

I know this, it's not a mistake, I understand if you bet 10p per window it's 10p on the bonus etc. I decided to play this to "test" the theory, I hit a bonus and gambled all the way up to GG spins, it paid 830x based on the 10p stake, so it can pay. I would not be spinning with much higher stakes at the moment. Those GG spins can go though, so maybe premature with my hate for it

Well that changed rather quickly from a lot of 'my opinion' to 'you're all a bunch of blind morons'

Seems to be the theme on CM, just like yesterday's village idiot who started a streamer thread and insulted everyone who didn't agree or join his righteous crusade against YT and Twitch :rolleyes:

Fact is I see games dying from one day to the next ALL THE TIME. You being a slotting veteran of 20 years doesn't make you all-knowing and your opinion definitive

I've seen DOA go cold for years and then come back to give me successive wildlines after a 3-year hiatus

I see games dying mid-session when they seemed they could do no wrong

I've cursed Bonanza into the ground for weeks and then gone on unexpected bonus parties where I cash out £700, where it played so well I was actually getting bored of it. Next day? It played shit

The list goes on. Used to play Rhyming Reels games like Ol King Cole etc, which seemingly played superb for many a session. Then they didn't! You know what I did? I stopped playing it!

So bore off with your insults
Whoo love is in the air✌

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back