Google maps

chayton

aka LooHoo
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
I haven't had to use the Google map feature for awhile (since I never go anywhere) but had to give directions to someone who's coming to visit from out of the province for the first time.

We sent directions and the address and she looked it up on Google maps and said "Do you live across from a park?" and we kinda do but I know it's not marked on the map. So I go out and type in my address, it shows the map and a little picture - but when I clicked on the picture it's like Google Earth, you can zoom around and look back and forth and travel along the street, and zoom right up to the front door!

So I just took a virtual drive to the mall, there's some guy on the corner mowing his lawn and someone on a bicycle (riding right in the middle of the road!) :p

Anyhow I think it's pretty cool - the photos are taken from street level, so it's not satellite like Google Earth. Must have taken an incredible amount of time to put that together! I'm wondering if they've done that with all cities by now?

I thought for a while that it could be used to snoop on the neighbors, but when I realised it wasn't actually a live feed and was just photos I lost interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back