Glow in the Dark Puppies, WTF!

cynthial

Boo
I am so repulsed by this.

99gg2q.jpg

That is the "glowing" face of a Beagle Pup. What kind of a monster does experiments like this? I would like to see his face all "aglow" after I shove a rocket up his backside and send him into orbit. This is just wrong!

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I think this might be genetic research. Transplanting the gene from a glowing animal into one that naturally does not. It was as far as a glowing hairless mouse or rat when featured recently on a TV science documentary. It seems to have progressed to a dog, and will probably proceed next to a monkey.

The purpose appears to be to see whether genetic manipulation of a species can be done in a controlled manner, the glow being an obvious indicator of success.

There is no obvious use for a glowing dog, but the research is probably targeted at looking to manipulate the genes of farm animals so that they may produce medicines, vaccines, etc.

The ethical debate is about whether animals should be used without seeking their consent, which is impossible, yet a human cannot volunteer themselves for similar research even if they DO give their fully informed consent on the grounds it would be unethical.

Some scientists take the view that much of the research could be done without the use of animals, but it would cost much more, which is probably why animal research is still the mainstay of medical research.

Many governments even have laws that REQUIRE animal research on some new products before they can be launched, so even an ethical company may have no choice other than to ditch the product.

Those that are appalled by the glowing dog may be able to find if any commercial company is behind it, and boycott ALL their products, and tell them why. This is the kind of thing that works, as they will look at the cost of lost sales, and if this is more than the perceived "cost" (loss of future profit) from scrapping the experimentation, the option yielding most profit will be chosen.

This is PETA's official response (I pinged them last night asking them what their stance is regarding cloning, such as cases like this and others):

Dear Brian,

Thank you for contacting PETA about cloning companion animals.

PETA is adamantly against cloning animals and opposes any and all endeavors to promote cloning. Because cloning is in its experimental stage, it is extremely expensive to clone even one animal. The vast amounts of money used to clone such animals could help save the millions of cats, dogs and other companion animals who are euthanized at shelters every year because there are not enough homes for them.

Cloning is not only expensive, but also inherently cruel. Like any other laboratory animal, these animals are caged and manipulated in order to provide a lucrative bottom line. For more about cloning, see

For more information about ways you can help companion animals in your community, please go to
, and for other ways to get active for animals, visit

Thanks again for your e-mail, and for your concern for animals.

Sincerely,

The PETA Staff

I can't believe the shock and awe of what IAMS supports. I checked out the site that PETA runs,
, and couldn't believe my eyes. You can be guaranteed that you won't see me buying any of their products. One such practice that sticks out can be read about here:

Don't get me wrong....PETA is by no means an angel in all regards, but at least they stand firmly against cloning of animals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back