General Election 2019 thread

The man is a national embarrassment, utterly shambolic, unserious, unfocused, lazy, and completely disrespected both at home and abroad.

If a Labour PM did a fraction of the shit that Johnson gets up to, they'd be absolutely ripped to shreds.

Sure, Starmer might be a bit boring, but can anyone, with an even remotely straight face, suggest he'd do a worse job than Johnson?
Starmer's undoubtedly more professional and has an actual air of ministerialness about him, certainly compared to Johnson. But then so do my slippers.

I'd wager the things that make Starmer nigh-on unelectable is his rabid poodle Rayner, his lack of discipline towards party members, his penchant for kneeling and most stunningly, swerving the question about whether only women have cervixes.

People know they're stuck with the Tories and Johnson not out of any love for them, but the knowledge that Labour's woketopian vision is about ten times more detrimental to whatever values the country clings to. A crucial component when trying to win votes of said country

Sure, Starmer might be a bit boring, but can anyone, with an even remotely straight face, suggest he'd do a worse job than Johnson?
I'm not sure many would to be fair - Johnson has set the bar spectacularly low in recent months. I suspect my own MP would be on that shortlist though...

The problem with Starmer is he's going to be more of the same - many of the Labour problems during the Corbyn era can be traced back to him, or factions he was linked to. The horrendously misjudged second referendum strategy in 2019 was his baby, and others such as the botched chicken coups and repeated sabotage of the complaints handling processes (which later became the anti-Semitism scandal arc) were attempts to undermine Labour and/or Corbyn rather than focus on an increasingly fragile Theresa May leadership.

As we've seen since he took over, things haven't changed - he quickly abandoned a number of his leadership pledges (Social Justice, House of Lords reform, Public Ownership etc), he completely botched the EHCR report (paying off the so-called "whistle blowers" implicated with party funds, and instead used it as another smear on Corbyn) and has whipped to abstain on important legislation which is never a good look.

Corbyn may well have had the charisma of an old geography teacher, but after the near-miss in 2017 the Tories knew they had to kick up the gears - they couldn't out-do him on policies because they were mostly popular, they couldn't really challenge his voting record given their own was much worse, so they went straight for the smears and lies... many of which still persist today despite little to no grounding in reality.

While the faux-rhetoric of "far left vs Labour" continues to linger (rather than "Labour vs New Labour", which is still an unwelcome distraction), that divide and conquer strategy by the media is going to ensure a tory government (or one in a different coloured tie) for years to come sadly.

Perhaps this is another "brexit means brexit" - they knew exactly what they voted for, but no-one seems to be able to articulate what...

When I think of Labour this is basically what I see

Image result for monster raving loony party

Remember when Boris Johnson promised that no one would have to sell their house to pay for their care in their old age, here's what they voted through the Commons last night.

So if you live in the North where houses are often worth around the £100K mark, you'll be completely wiped out, and if you live in the South, where house prices tend to be a lot higher, you'll be absolutely fine.

In essence, the poor will be subsidising the wealthy.

1637655276061.png

When I think of Labour this is basically what I see

Image result for monster raving loony party

Crikey mack, did you actually watch Johnson's performance yesterday? It's just another version of dunover and his histrionic rants about taking back control of our farting, or mcgameboy's terribly amusing misspelling of Labour MPs' names - Diane Flabbott! LOL LOL LOL!

Remember when Boris Johnson promised that no one would have to sell their house to pay for their care in their old age, here's what they voted through the Commons last night.

So if you live in the North where houses are often worth around the £100K mark, you'll be completely wiped out, and if you live in the South, where house prices tend to be a lot higher, you'll be absolutely fine.

View attachment 161246
That's just the figures for those who wear a mask but what are the figures for those fully jabbed and for the refuseniks?

View attachment 161246
100k in assets is poor? Think my mums wee bungalow in N Ireland is worth just over that, must remember to call her a pauper next time we talk.

On a broader note, not sure what it's like now as been a while since i was in and about it, you have the general issue of self funders subsidising the state funded - certainly, quite rightly, was a point of consternation amongst many (and no, not just those with right leanings)

Not advocating 'intentional depravation of assets' but keep an eye on the 'was it over 7 - or whatever they use now - years ago the house was transferred to the 18 year old grandkid for no reason :p

100k in assets is poor? Think my mums wee bungalow in N Ireland is worth just over that, must remember to call her a pauper next time we talk.

On a broader note, not sure what it's like now as been a while since i was in and about it, you have the general issue of self funders subsidising the state funded - certainly, quite rightly, was a point of consternation amongst many (and no, not just those with right leanings)

Not advocating 'intentional depravation of assets' but keep an eye on the 'was it over 7 - or whatever they use now - years ago the house was transferred to the 18 year old grandkid for no reason :p
It is appearing lately that a lot of people are quite happy to become unemployed since the first lockdown. Especially in the service industries where working conditions and pressures deteriorated they realized that instead of working hard for very little financial reward they can get by ok without it.

It is appearing lately that a lot of people are quite happy to become unemployed since the first lockdown. Especially in the service industries where working conditions and pressures deteriorated they realized that instead of working hard for very little financial reward they can get by ok without it.
Funny enough my pal, who is (Sound like Chandler's job from friends) i think something to do with video/sound editing, quit his job in the middle of if. He'd been quitting for about 5 years but i think the pandemic was the push for him to do it. I asked him about money and because of that job he basically picks up work here and there on a self-employed basis. Doesn't have as much spare cash now but seems happy as a pig in a trough.

What he lost in wages was partially offset by the savings in some of the childcare costs as well etc.

Crikey mack, did you actually watch Johnson's performance yesterday? It's just another version of dunover and his histrionic rants about taking back control of our farting, or mcgameboy's terribly amusing misspelling of Labour MPs' names - Diane Flabbott! LOL LOL LOL!
Just watched the bbc clip, not really what you expect in a speech to the cbi but that's Boris. Labour appointed a person like starmer because of a perceived lack of professionalism. (widely held imo)

Oof.....looks like Boris's days are becoming numbered, with Rishi salivating in the wings.

Talk being of replacing his current advisors, though one wonders if the damage's already been done.

So not Brexit, Covid or rampant sleaze would mark the end, but seemingly incoherent ramblings about Peppa Pig and THAT 20-second confused paper fumble :eek:

pep.jpg

Oof.....looks like Boris's days are becoming numbered, with Rishi salivating in the wings.

Talk being of replacing his current advisors, though one wonders if the damage's already been done.

So not Brexit, Covid or rampant sleaze would mark the end, but seemingly incoherent ramblings about Peppa Pig and THAT 20-second confused paper fumble :eek:

View attachment 161259
Surprised he didn't say in that speech "I have the parse sheets here for the new Peppa Pig Megaways where you can spaff your money if you don't need a care home right now"

Hey Chops, I can do the same with Tory MPs too, if it helps make you feel any better!

The problem is.....if I misspelled Jeremy Hunt's name, I might get banned.

What about Matt Wancock?

Boorish Johnson?

Gaycob Reeks Bogg? OK, maybe that's a bit much.....actually, no it isn't.

Pishi Sunak? Is that "safe"?
Probably not, because someone will just blindly assume that I think that all Asians smell of urine,
in much the same way that Jezza Clarkson thinks that all Mexicans are lazy....which would be racist!

View attachment 161259
I suspect that Boris will not really care if he gets the boot. He has achieved his goal and there are countless riches to be earned and enjoyed while he is still relatively young enough to enjoy it.
My suspicion is that Priti Patel could be in the running

I suspect that Boris will not really care if he gets the boot. He has achieved his goal and there are countless riches to be earned and enjoyed while he is still relatively young enough to enjoy it.
My suspicion is that Priti Patel could be in the running
That's the problem - you're always suspicious

Yes, it was a powerful speech alright, beating his D.U.D.E debut

- and possibly even his Kermit skit

View attachment 161207

This time we were merely left with 'Daddy Pig' being a bit stereotyped, apparently.

Nothing however will beat this bit of biblical bluster:

...by suggesting he had descended from 'Mount Sinai' to hand civil servants his 10-point plan for achieving Net Zero by 2050

View attachment 161208
I just had a pop up from YT suggesting I may like this

What's Boris doing dressing up as a policemen, does he don a postman's outfit or fishermen's garb when meeting them, reminds me of mr ben and his outfits. He and the tory cabinet are going to end up being remembered for gimmick photo shoots more than anything at this rate, although boris dressed up as santa claus may be a stunt too far even for the tory pr advisers.

Image result for boris dugs

No idea what you're talking about mack, he looked fantastic!

The Prime Minister of the UK, ladies and gentlemen.

FF686ppXoAQYLc_
Was he being arrested for impersonating a Prime Minister Police Officer?

I wish everyone would give Boris a break. It isn't easy being the Prime Minister of any country during this particular period in time, what with Brexit and COVID-19.

Seriously. Would any of you fare any better if in the same position of power?

Do you really think it is easy for Alexander Boris de fufflewuffle extraordinaire Pfeffel Johnson to be so dishevelled, boorish, unfocused, and divorced from reality, the sole occupant of his own ideological void?

Of course, there could be a reasonable explanation for his strange behaviour, in that he could have found "the realities of leadership to be far more arduous and unpleasant than he expected".

IMHO, I believe he means well, but he is too self-absorbed and too much of a lightweight for the position he is in. And his misguided attempt at humour in inappropriate situations does him no favours either. Just makes him seem even more boorish and incompetent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back