General Election 2019 thread

The UK's Prime Minister says, and I don't need to paraphrase here because they are the actual words that come out of his mouth, with a smirk on his face:

'Never mind life expectancy, never mind cancer outcomes'

The justification for this 'I don't care if you all die' comment is that apparently we have decent wage growth, which of course is being largely cancelled out by rising inflation anyway.

Wow, that was quite something.

Patel talking tough on crime. Also: gives Cressida Dick two-year extension.

Patel extolls virtues of ending Free Movement and colour-coded passports, whilst detailing shortening illegal economic migrants' appeal processes, setting up detainment camps and laying thinly- veiled blame on France. Also: Illegal arrivals at record levels this year despite rollout of Galactic Empire jet-skis.

Patel reaffirms right to peaceful protests, telling everyone ever what they already know. Also: Insulate Britain middle-class bums arrested and released on average at least a dozen times to reoffend, without so much as a cross word, endangering transport routes and causing ambulances et al to remain gridlocked in their wake.

A great 20 minutes of hot air and bravado, but again, at least the dress looked nice 🍐

Lord give me strength.

Still, this should come as no surprise from the man who 'didn't quite understand' that the UK, as an island trading nation, was quite reliant on the Dover-Calais crossing.

And we wonder how the Tories managed to cock up Brexit so badly. (Lest we forget Raab was also The Brexit Minister for over a year.)

Still, LOL.

1633506771229.png

Thérèse Coffey (Secretary of State for Work and Pensions) clearly having no qualms on her conscience as she made some of the poorest people in the UK even poorer overnight, whilst also singing 'I've had the time of my life'.

As a reminder, around 40% of people who receive Universal Credit are also in paid employment. (Not that the other 60% of people who get it don't deserve it, but I know a popular Tory trope is 'they're all a bunch of scroungers anyway'.)

Thérèse Coffey (Secretary of State for Work and Pensions) clearly having no qualms on her conscience as she made some of the poorest people in the UK even poorer overnight, whilst also singing 'I've had the time of my life'.

As a reminder, around 40% of people who receive Universal Credit are also in paid employment. (Not that the other 60% of people who get it don't deserve it, but I know a popular Tory trope is 'they're all a bunch of scroungers anyway'.)

So what that he had a session Karaoke?

You'd think that with the 'EFFing' crisis, the timing of the £20 p/w Universal Credit retrograding could have been better. It looks on first impression that the minister doesn't have a care in the world whilst families are set to have a right rollickin' Winter.

Still, we should be grateful for small mercies - I was half-expecting him to go all Gloria Gaynor on our asses with "I Will Survive"

So what that he had a session Karaoke?

Nothing wrong with a bit of karaoke, but if I were the government minister presiding over some of the most brutal cuts to benefits ever known, at a time of rising inflation and rocketing energy prices, and was personally overseeing a measure that is going to make some of the poorest in society even poorer - I'd think twice about getting pissed up at my party conference and belting out an off-key rendition of 'I'm having the time of my life', on the very night that measure comes into effect.

Side note - Thérèse Coffey is a woman.

16 days before the G20 Summit in 2009, PM Gordon Brown was travelling the globe to get binding commitments from world leaders to help the world economy recover from crisis.

16 days before the COP26 Summit, with hopes for the summit under serious threat of collapsing, Boris Johnson is also abroad. Painting. At his billionaire pal's villa. In Marbella. (The same pal who also, coincidentally, donates lots of money to the Conservative Party.)

Still, at least he's enjoying himself in the aftermath of the damning report into the UK government's response to Covid (which was headed by Tories, remember), which calls it 'one of the UK's worst ever public health failures'.

1634124653342.png

16 days before the G20 Summit in 2009, PM Gordon Brown was travelling the globe to get binding commitments from world leaders to help the world economy recover from crisis.

16 days before the COP26 Summit, with hopes for the summit under serious threat of collapsing, Boris Johnson is also abroad. Painting. At his billionaire pal's villa. In Marbella. (The same pal who also, coincidentally, donates lots of money to the Conservative Party.)

Still, at least he's enjoying himself in the aftermath of the damning report into the UK government's response to Covid (which was headed by Tories, remember), which calls it 'one of the UK's worst ever public health failures'.

View attachment 159404
At least it's not 'painting by numbers' which I guess would be Labour standards of artistry. Hopefully he'll get his Lego out as well or the Kier Starmer 'Inaction Man' figures....

He's supposedly trying to evoke his idol Churchill by doing that cack- handed impression of painting whilst chillin'.

His one of Carrie's coming along quite nicely thankyou

car.jpg

Also quite an expensive excursion, I've seen £25,000 per day & £25,000 per week quoted, in the same paper. We'll just go with the latter because at least that doesn't seem obscene

He's supposedly trying to evoke his idol Churchill by doing that cack- handed impression of painting whilst chillin'.

View attachment 159416

Also quite an expensive excursion, I've seen £25,000 per day & £25,000 per week quoted, in the same paper. We'll just go with the latter because at least that doesn't seem obscene
It that a foetus on her belly?

It's £25K per week, or to put it another way, 1250 people per week who he condemned to either going hungry or cold (or both) as the winter closes in with the £20 per week Universal Credit cut.

To him it's just a jolly painting pictures in the sun, for thousands of people back in the real world, it's the terrifying spectre of genuine hunger and hardship.

View attachment 159416

Hunter Biden knows a few people who will buy that for at least half a million

I take it that all the stout Conservative supporters, who are bitterly disappointed with the government, will be voting for another party next time around? :p
I used to think the saying "No vote is a wasted vote" rang true, but after seeing the state both main parties are in, not voting is my way of spiting them equally!

I used to think the saying "No vote is a wasted vote" rang true, but after seeing the state both main parties are in, not voting is my way of spiting them equally!
My Grandad used to say 'don't vote, then don't moan' but I wonder what he would say if he were still around now.

Democracy is well and truly dead.

The people who continually vote for the same parties regardless of all their false promises defy logic. 'Bigots' spring to mind.

My Grandad used to say 'don't vote, then don't moan' but I wonder what he would say if he were still around now.

Democracy is well and truly dead.

The people who continually vote for the same parties regardless of all their false promises defy logic. 'Bigots' spring to mind.
I think most believe the 'nucleus' of these parties stays the same, indefinitely, but they're not even the same as a decade ago.

Labour have lost their identity and have gone down some Woke-topian rabbit hole, whilst the Conservatives have managed to close rank even more, with this current mob pulling off the biggest heist in living memory. They've become so insular in their workings that they're even screwing over business, in all its guises!

Not that any of them are ever truly held accountable, mind. Merely yesterday we found out our chum Matt Hancock's landed himself a cushty gig as UN Envoy to Africa! :laugh::eek:

Hmmm, now that you mention it 🤔

But nah, it's more likely he tried drawing nut nuts and failed at that too
Is the non-fungible token for it available yet?

I think most believe the 'nucleus' of these parties stays the same, indefinitely, but they're not even the same as a decade ago.

Labour have lost their identity and have gone down some Woke-topian rabbit hole, whilst the Conservatives have managed to close rank even more, with this current mob pulling off the biggest heist in living memory. They've become so insular in their workings that they're even screwing over business, in all its guises!

Not that any of them are ever truly held accountable, mind. Merely yesterday we found out our chum Matt Hancock's landed himself a cushty gig as UN Envoy to Africa! :laugh::eek:
Jobs for the boys. This is exactly why so many become mp's. Hancock served his purpose and is now getting his rewards. No wonder so many mp's where upset about leaving the EU. Look at Neil Kinnock who was Anti EU then took up a lovely position in the EU after losing the election. It has been going on for many decades and nothing will change

So how are we all feeling about Sunak's first budget?

By my reckoning he's cut taxes for banks, cut taxes for frequent flyers, and cut taxes on champagne - whilst also presiding over the highest overall tax burden since the second world war that is falling disproportionately on the poor, especially since the increase in National Insurance, and let's not forget the recent removal of £20 of Universal Credit for some of the poorest in our society.

Still, you can't accuse them of not being consistent. Vote for the party of the rich and don't be surprised when they look after the rich and fuck everyone else.

This is against the backdrop of household bills rising at their fastest level for decades, with the average household facing rises of £3000 per year over the next five years or so.

Also, hidden in the small print is councils getting thrown under the bus (again), expect big rises in Council Tax in the next year or two.

Splendid, slightly cheaper champagne all round for everyone!

Last edited:
It seems we have elected Labour in disguise with this huge spending and 'levelling up' stuff. Roll on 2024 when we can have Starmer's Tory party in to do the job properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back