Game of Thrones

Zabier

Dormant account
Apologies if a Game of Thrones thread has already been made. I couldn't find one. Search just kept coming up with results for the slot. Anyway, just wondered if anyone is watching this? My wife and I love it and it's only one more episode now until the epic 9th episode of the series that usually has something major. I'm all set to watch episode 8 tonight. We get it a day later over here in the UK than you do in the US.

What have your thoughts of the fifth season been so far?

Probably best to state that there's going to be a high chance of spoilers throughout this thread!

Yeah, this week's episode was amazing and is in the top 5 episodes of the whole show for me. Probably behind Battle of Blackwater Bay, The Red Wedding, The Purple Wedding and the Night's Watch vs The Wildlings episodes. Loved seeing the White Walkerz and mental zombies. Also great to see Tyrion and Danaerys finally meet and appear to be on amicable ground.

I agree though, this season has generally been underwhelming. I'm not familiar with the books too much but I've heard they've branched off anyway. That's not been a problem for me though. The problem has been HBO clearly dabbling their paws in. Repeatedly poorly choreographed fight scenes and instances of total coincidence have made it feel too set up and fake at times. This week was a lot better but I think the worst episodes of the show have come at times in this series. That fight scene in the flower garden in Dorne... Jesus Christ.

I think they said they had too much to cover in this season to include Brann but he will be returning next season. Maybe they shouldn't have wasted so much time showing Arya sweeping floors and could have instead shown some of Brann.

It may take a new turn in Season 6, when they won't have a book to follow :D

I think they said they had too much to cover in this season to include Brann but he will be returning next season. Maybe they shouldn't have wasted so much time showing Arya sweeping floors and could have instead shown some of Brann.

Arya is one of the most loved characters in the book at the moment, until they'll kill her like the other loved characters... :))

Well, they spent a lot of time on Bran's story, and I knew they planned on spending a season away from him this time out but I actually meant his little brother Rickon...he kind of just....vanished.

Oh yeah, Rickon! You see, that shows how much I remembered him too! I reckon it would be cool if he turned into a wight.

I was watching a vodcast reviewing last week's episode and some of the ideas they were saying would be awesome to be included further down the line included a wight giant and a White Walker-style dragon (not sure how the whole breathing fire concept would work - maybe breathe ice?!).

Really interested to see what they do for the big episode 9. Surely got to be House Bolton vs House Baratheon battle. Ramsay taking just 20 men. That guy is nuts. Funnily enough, the lad that plays Ramsey (Iwan Rheon) went to our local school. Great to see him doing so well. Top actor. Loved him in Misfits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back