Gambling Gates- Mail stolen!

Petunia

Dormant account
** Hey there everyone. I am in a filthy mood, and I have kept this under wraps for a while. I am a member on many forums, and use the same e-mail adress for all forums... I started recieving this e-mail with all the e-mails adresses in the header! This told me two things. EIther thsese pple are idiots, or they are realy clever. I went with idiots and proceded to 'reply all' to the mail, I figured that SOMEONE would be coming back and bitch about my reply, and that way I would know whicg mssge board had been used to get the mail from. Next minute oldman from gambling gates (bless him) mails me and told me about his members complaining about recieving this e-mail from me. Now I am doubtfull. Even after that stunt, I still get the mail, but gambling gates could only tell me their database was compromised. I want to know if there are any other players HERE who knows what I am talking about (if you recieved a mail from me, that would be you). Was this a trick from the board ( sorry old man, you are a dear friend, but you know I look at both sides of the coin) or did someone steel the database and now I am bombarded with cruddy mails from everywhere?**
--------------------------------------------------
THe mail is advertising the 'new pker forum' - i have not been there on principle!

Have you posted this in gambling gates forum? If you received the 1st email, they must have received it too.

Obviously, you replying annoyed everyone on that list and makes you the main suspect. :eek2:

Hmmmmmm... where were you on the night of march 25th between 9 and 11? :cool:

** Hey there MaxLevine, I understand how these pple could see me as the spammer, but surely when you recieve an advetisement, and shortly after an e-mail that states "Where did you get this addy from buddy" you'd know that there is more to it. My plan worked, the pple complained to gambling gates, who proceded to contact me, and then of course, I forwarded the e-amail addies back to them, to show the original mailers. The mail is coming from Jerseyeebay@aol.com amongst others. All i want to know is this:
Did the forum sell my addy ( which i don't believe) and how do they go about finding out who did steal it if that is the case? What grates me most is that I blocked them, but the buggers obviously know my addy now, and I would have to do that one at a time as they come in since they change their id's and ip's! ggggrrrrrrrrr "I will not fold, I will not fold... I... will NOT fold... hehehehe **

** Hey there Max - well, nothing more than "our database was broken into" - which i know for sure is a great possibility - i just want to know what is going to happen to the prats that did this, and IF they can be traced.... oh well... still blocking mails... hehehe one at a time **

This sort of stuff is getting more and more frequent.

I had to take my poker site offline permanently after it started to do well because someone broke into the server and used the URL to go phishing.

The resulting mayhem was incredible and the server had to be shut down. I am still unable to use that domain again - I never will be able to do so. It has more complaints against it than you can shake a stick at.

I am just glad that there is definite proof of these people hacking in to use my domain. Otherwise I might be cooling my heels in jail to boot.

It's a dog eat dog world out there. One of these days I will catch one of these jokers and you can bet the farm that I will go after them with everything I've got. I've had my fill of this sort of nonsense.

**Hey there Dom! Well, I am with you on that one... I am getting so tired of this non-sense, and I AM NOT EVEN a webmaster!! I can only imagine half the rubbish you guys have to put up with!

The down-side to this is, like you say, it is a 'dog eat dog world' and very few are interested in 'your problem' as it is SEP = Someone Elses Problem.

Well, I have gone from having absolutely NO spam (or need for filters) to a complete filtering system... problem is, it works so well that now some of my friends' emails don't get through either! lol!! **

Petunia said:
**Well, I have gone from having absolutely NO spam (or need for filters) to a complete filtering system... problem is, it works so well that now some of my friends' emails don't get through either! lol!! **

I know exactly what you mean! I am now using one of those services where you have to register to get the mail through to me. Offensive to people who write to me I think, but it really works and once they are confirmed all is smooth...

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back