Fury vs Wilder III

YT thumbnails tend to give the result away unfortunately, so you'll never have them titled 'Fury and Wilder exciting third fight highlights!'.

And if you do, your eyes will accidentally catch sight of the videos around it, which will often start with 'Fury wins 9th round KO', after which you start punching your ears for spoiling the result :mad:

YT thumbnails tend to give the result away unfortunately, so you'll never have them titled 'Fury and Wilder exciting third fight highlights!'.

And if you do, your eyes will accidentally catch sight of the videos around it, which will often start with 'Fury wins 9th round KO', after which you start punching your ears for spoiling the result :mad:
Meh. Our Billy will text me to tell me that he won so much on the Tyson win then call me about it if I don't read it within 5 minutes. I'm fucked really :(

That was on a knife-edge almost throughout. Fury always vulnerable to more knockdowns, but started to regain his mojo as the rounds went on

Possibly the best bout in years. Fury's got immense heart to get up from near-defeat, Wilder I almost feel sorry for at this point. He really gave it his all when he should have been out in the 5th or 6th, easily

Feel a bit sorry for Wilder - he has one weapon, the crushing right and his objective is to land it at least once to have a chance of winning. He does so and each time Fury gets up and carries on regardless, psychologically must be destructive.

I managed to watch the recording of it without knowing the result first :) It has to be one of the best fights I have seen for a long time. I can understand Wilder finding it difficult to except defeat because you have to have a degree of arrogance in order to reach the top. I worry about the fact that Wilder's ears bleed during his fights.

Another long one but I love how Geordie gets his guests to open up

Whew, that was quite something. Thought I was alone in thinking it was fight of the decade; seems not!

Like I said, I admired Wilder's bravery in going toe-to-toe for half the fight despite being dead on his feet after his knockdown, and then still making a fist of it, unlike his capitulation in Fury-Wilder II.

The guy had spunk, grit, steely determination. Oh and hate. He really hates Fury, and I that's what kept him on his feet for half the fight.

That empathy soon dissipated upon hearing how Wilder was STILL ungracious in defeat. You'd think after three fights of whupass he'd find some humility to acknowledge Fury at least fought well......but nope, pride, ego & denial.

He'll probably cite "Leaves in the ring" for his next excuse now, the fool

All hail!

fury.jpg

I like to see the boxers have that respectful embrace, commiserations etc...the pre fight stuff sometimes ruins it, but if fury had lost I'm sure he'd have shook his hand, bad losing doesn't go with boxing, it goes back to the gladiators forced to fight.
Spot on.
This is a great post fight interview

Well, here it is. Under 24 hours and out come the excuses!

In fairness, I don't think it specifies when it happened, whether it be the first or 10th round, but ropey nonetheless.

I expect further embellishments to follow, once the fog clears and it dawns on the bum that he's lost to Fury 'three' times now :laugh:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back