FRIST APPEARS TO BE BACK!

NASHVEGAS

Banned User - flamming, disrespecting admin,
SOURCE:TENNESSEAN.COM Saturday, 05/19/07

Frist's name surfaces to replace Wolfowitz

By BILL THEOBALD
Tennessean Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON — Former Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist's inclusion in a press report about possible replacements for departing World Bank President Paul Wolf owitz set off a flurry of speculation Friday about whether Frist might quickly jump back into the political arena.

The Wall Street Journal reported Friday the Tennessee Republican was on a short list of possible replacements for Wolfowitz, who is resigning because of a scandal involving a lucrative pay package given by the bank to his girlfriend, an employee.

Frist spokesman Matt Lehigh declined to comment.

Since leaving the Senate in January, Frist has been traveling the world promoting his philosophy of using health care as a diplomatic tool.

He recently was named to the board of the Center for Strategic and International Studies, a Washington think tank. Next week he will help lead a center-sponsored health conference in Russia.

He traveled throughout Africa this year and is scheduled to go again in August.

Former Senate colleague Lamar Alexander, in a written statement, vouched for his fellow Tennessean's credentials: "Bill's medical and leadership skills and his humanitarian instincts make him a perfectly logical choice for the World Bank."

Tennessean.com and its related sites are pleased to be able to offer its users the opportunity to make comments and hold conversations online. However, the interactive nature of the Internet makes it impracticable for our staff to monitor each and every posting. Since Tennessean.com does not control user submitted statements, we cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted on our Web site. In addition, we remind anyone interested in making an online comment that responsibility for statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not Tennessean.com or its related sites.

All comments posted should comply with the Tennessean.com's terms of service
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post a Comment View All Comments

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EZERIDER, I will put my intellect up against yours any day of the week. You still don't make any sense. What exactly don't you understand about that. You are just one of those haters - it just so happens that you hate all Republicans. Well, EZERIDER, I don't hate any Democrat. In fact, most of my family are Democrats, and I can assure you I love them all. But even the kids know enough not to hate because of political beliefs. You should learn that. Repeat after me, I will write coherent sentences and learn how to spell and use the English language. (smile) I'm teasing you. Just don't get so exercised over people that we can't do anything about and will never meet.

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 5:07 pm

OKAY, THE BOARD GIVETH AND THE BOARD TAKETH AWAY
I HOPE YOU CAN MAKE SENSE OF THIS: The guy is no longer going to be employed @ The World Bank. He should not have done it and any one that does it should be FIRED just as he was. I will just say it was a bad decision by wolfy and the board to give his girlfriend preferencial treatment. As far as the fall guy bit:
WOLFY BABY IS OUTTA THERE

GD IN 08

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:51 pm

my dear EZERIDER, you do know that you aren't making any sense don't you. I don't like to be this blunt, but i try my best to read the comments and make sense out of them and respond intelligently, but geez, I have no idea what you are talking about. What Wolfowitz did was clearly not illegal, he didn't have the sole say so. The board approved it, then when the story came out, they looked for a fall guy.

Philco - forget Tony Blair - It will be an American - by the way - I don't expect it to be Senator Frist - he is going to be much too busy running for governor.

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 2:20 pm

OH YES I FORGOT "Dubya" will see to it that an American fills the WB slot. If he "THE DECIDER" wishes it, they will fill the slot with an illegal immigrant, you say no, and they do it any way. It is their style.

I want what I want when I want it. This ain't BK and you can't have it your way

NORTH AMERICAN UNION; back door under handed , shady politics @ best

EZERIDER
100% ALL AMERICAN PEOPLE PERSON

Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:07 pm

Post a Comment View All Comments

Former Sen. Bill Frist has been traveling the world. (FILE / ASSOCIATED PRESS)

ABOUT WORLD BANK
The World Bank was created in 1945 to rebuild Europe after World War II and today provides more than $20 billion a year for projects such as building dams and roads, bolstering education and fighting disease. The bank's centerpiece program offers interest-free loans to the poorest countries.
As the institution's biggest financial contributor, the U.S. selects candidates to fill the bank's top post. The bank's board must approve the nominee. While the job has traditionally gone to Americans, there is no rule barring non-U.S. candidates from being appointed.
— ASSOCIATED PRESS

Related news from the Web
Latest headlines by topic:

US News
US Senate
Republican
History in the News
Bill Frist