Freeroll tournaments

shyspirit

Dormant account
Since all the hoopla over gambling online, I've stopped depositing anywhere.
But I have been playing freeroll tournaments at RiverBelle, every two hours for 5 mins and try to get into top 10 money prize. Twice I made it, once for a whole $6 and once for $30. Out of that I just went and played pennies for fun... There's another tournament they run where top 30 get to play in a weekend tourny that top prizes are huge..

Ok, my question is... suppose the the stars were with me and Jupiter aligned with Mars (ok dating myself there) and I were to get in top money in there, would that be considered gambling win or skill base win like if won jackpot at pogo? Since haven't deposited with them since Neteller fiasco, am I breaking laws?

Free games are not gambling. But there is a special provision that allows sites to offer points or credits to players only if these are redeemable only for more games. Operators of free games, where players can win valuable prizes, will have to stop giving points for wins that can be redeemed for cash.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

So if you are being hyper-vigilant and accept the UIGEA at face value (as interpreted by doj and fbi) then you are probably okay until you decide to cash in.

I'm not an attorney, and this isn't legal advice.:D

Furthermore, you are not supposed to use any money won from free games (such as freerolls) for gambling because then that would be "illegal", as the FBI/DOJ call it.

But as Lojo states... I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back