Forum/Friend frustrations lately.. is it the weather, the Losses or what?

mysticjoz

I know that myself of lately has noticed so much more "bickering" going on in posts by forum members who have been here for long enough to know better.
IMO It worries me a bit :confused:.. thus the title Forum/Friend frustrations.

First off- IMHO this is no way to make an impression on anyone who might want to join CM.
Secondly, We are all entitled to add our input, comments, knowledge and experience to any and all threads we choose to participate in. And we should be able to do this without worrying about a verbal attack because our opinion is different than someone else's!! *(no we won't always agree on things, that is one of the things that keeps this forum ticking!! but can we get back to the more tactful ways of letting another know that we do not agree??) For a few weeks now I have noticed this escalating, with no one particular member singled out, but quite a few .. here and there.

I really think it's sad to see some of our most valued members banned for losing their temper and others having to take shot after shot without having done anything to provoke it except have a different experience or opinion than another member.:rolleyes:

So... What's your input? Do you think this lousy rainy weather is beginning to take it's toll? :confused: (I know it's been raining on and off here for weeks)
Is it A lot of Losses back to back to back that are making members so grumpy?? :confused:
What can we do to get back to the helpful hints, information and fun that we had?:thumbsup:

I say this all the time too.
"It's something in the water we drink"
Why I say this is because we did a test on some patients and gave regular tap water to 10 of them and gave 10 others bottle water and the one's that drank the Tap water had Behavioral problems where the one's that had the bottle water were cool and collective and not high strong.
Or it just might be people warming a secondary of the global warming trend and we are all melting away :lolup:

Tom I totally disagree. Bottled water is the biggest con in history. I'm surprised and disgusted that you would enhance the reputation of such a rip off, lol

Tom I totally disagree. Bottled water is the biggest con in history. I'm surprised and disgusted that you would enhance the reputation of such a rip off, lol
LOL Gary this is what we found as a study we did.:p
But I have to say that the water you pay for comes from a tap anyways :lolup: and they make money on it.

LOL .. here we go again. :lolup: :lolup: I'm not sure which way to lean with that debate guys.. I've heard both, that the bottled water is from tap and that tap water is safe.

I think that really depends on where you live and whether they treat the tap water or not, right?! Here in the USA most states (towns, cities, what ever) do add flouride, etc to tap water. I do know that as a Veterinary Technician rumors were flying that there were carcinogens in tap water which is allegedly why cancer in pets is on the rise here.
They also literally found "drug residue" in some states and towns tap water because of people flushing their old medications down the toilet:eek:! This is why I only drink bottled water.. but then again I like the "lemon flavored" bottled water.:D.. .
The world may never know...:rolleyes:

Gary, thanks for sharing. BTW, not all tap water in all places is drinkable! Our water comes from wells dug deep in the desert and contains arsenic :eek: and it tastes like shite......

LOL .. here we go again. :lolup: :lolup: I'm not sure which way to lean with that debate guys.. I've heard both, that the bottled water is from tap and that tap water is safe.

I think that really depends on where you live and whether they treat the tap water or not, right?! Here in the USA most states (towns, cities, what ever) do add flouride, etc to tap water. I do know that as a Veterinary Technician rumors were flying that there were carcinogens in tap water which is allegedly why cancer in pets is on the rise here.
They also literally found "drug residue" in some states and towns tap water because of people flushing their old medications down the toilet:eek:! This is why I only drink bottled water.. but then again I like the "lemon flavored" bottled water.:D.. .
The world may never know...:rolleyes:

Thank you for this unbiased opinion.............even treated or filtered water does not remove all the bad stuff.

Last edited:
Yeah, the water in england is horrible. Here in scotland, its fine. I couldnt bear to pay for it unless it was sparkly with a slice of lemon. Even then I would rather buy a can of lager, its nicer and cheaper:)

:poke:

I don't know where ya'll are from but I can assure you that rainy weather is not what is making the people from Texas (me) or most of the south grumpy 'cause we haven't had any. 104 degree heat kinda PO's me though.

The water where I live is so bad that even the pot plants die. :D

Speaking of Ape-Shit

When I lived in Honolulu years (and years) ago, we had a bit of fun with sailors (no, not that way!!) We'd be at the zoo and see sailors in their pristine white uniforms. Sometimes there would be a large brown splat on the front of the uniform and we'd ask if they'd been at the gorilla pen............

"Yes" was the usual reply....................

Seems gorillas don't like pristine white uniforms.

So a trip to the gorilla cave showed that the beasts would lay low and crap in their hand...................then wait for a sailor to show up. When one did, the gorilla would pitch the crap at the sailor then run like hell. This didn't happen to the hippies or stoners who were laughing their azz off.............:cool:

Soup Pot Thread!

When I lived in Honolulu years (and years) ago, we had a bit of fun with sailors (no, not that way!!) We'd be at the zoo and see sailors in their pristine white uniforms. Sometimes there would be a large brown splat on the front of the uniform and we'd ask if they'd been at the gorilla pen............

"Yes" was the usual reply....................

Seems gorillas don't like pristine white uniforms.

So a trip to the gorilla cave showed that the beasts would lay low and crap in their hand...................then wait for a sailor to show up. When one did, the gorilla would pitch the crap at the sailor then run like hell. This didn't happen to the hippies or stoners who were laughing their azz off.............:cool:
:lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup: :lolup:
I am rotflmao.. maybe this is just the release we all needed, :D A "SOUP POT" thread... :thumbsup:

You can also boil Pee in a Soup Pot too.:lolup:
They call it PEEEEEEE Soup

logo_The%20Soup%20Pot.jpg

I love a good debate on issues, but some issues get people so worked up they say and do things they wouldn't normally do. I hope we havent seen the last of a few long time posters. IMO they will be missed. I respect anyone who speaks their mind no matter how it will be viewed by others, I wish I could be more like that..

I doubt that any poster - long time or otherwise - will be barred here as long as they post in a disciplined, courteous and reasonable manner. I exclude the likes of spammers and crooks, because that's not what this is all about.

The nature of instant communications means that a post can be thumped out in anger or maybe whilst one's normal judgement and nature is clouded by stress or perhaps even after drinking a little too much lemonade LOL.

That's fine....as long as the final act is not to thump the "submit" button without first reviewing what one has just written and the effect it may have on other members and future online relationships.

Regrettably, immediately banging down hard on the submit button is usually the immediate act, and that inevitably causes reactions ranging from retribution to distress.

Best advice I ever received regarding forum postings was to draft the response and then sleep on it. If that sort of self control is not possible, then at least go back and read the post again, taking the time to consider the implications before making one's feelings and character as well as opinion very, very public.

i blame the economy

i wasnt going to post in this thread but i figured some of my friends on here needed to know why i have been so damn grumpy these past couple of weeks, a few already know in private pm..s. i have my own bizz and with the housing slump going down hill so fast, i have lost one of my biggest builders, someone else came in with a cheaper price, i also took a 6k hit from a builder who went under, all i can do is file a claim and thats not that easy. i have to make a decision this friday out of my 6 long time employees, who gets a lay off slip as 5 of them have wives and children, but the single one also has bills to be met, what do ya do? never had to lay someone off before, it really hurts. i thought about keeping the hours per man under 40 so that i could keep the other 2 working until our new project is ready in about 60 days, so thats where im at now, the hubby is still not walking on his own but is doing well with a walker so thats been a good positive step, i just have alot on my mind and so many depending on me............anyway that may explain why some of us act the way we do sometimes, we all have personal problems and we let it affect us in one way or another on the forum, so to anyone thats been offended by me or some of my remarks, im sorry:oops:................laurie:)

i wasnt going to post in this thread but i figured some of my friends on here needed to know why i have been so damn grumpy these past couple of weeks, a few already know in private pm..s. i have my own bizz and with the housing slump going down hill so fast, i have lost one of my biggest builders, someone else came in with a cheaper price, i also took a 6k hit from a builder who went under, all i can do is file a claim and thats not that easy. i have to make a decision this friday out of my 6 long time employees, who gets a lay off slip as 5 of them have wives and children, but the single one also has bills to be met, what do ya do? never had to lay someone off before, it really hurts. i thought about keeping the hours per man under 40 so that i could keep the other 2 working until our new project is ready in about 60 days, so thats where im at now, the hubby is still not walking on his own but is doing well with a walker so thats been a good positive step, i just have alot on my mind and so many depending on me............anyway that may explain why some of us act the way we do sometimes, we all have personal problems and we let it affect us in one way or another on the forum, so to anyone thats been offended by me or some of my remarks, im sorry:oops:................laurie:)

Laurie..............tomorrow is another day............and there is every reason to believe it will be better than today.......stuff always happens for a reason....sometime in the future you will look back on this time and understand exactly why it happened. Keep faith in your ability to make good choices, no matter how impossible they seem today.

..anyway that may explain why some of us act the way we do sometimes, we all have personal problems and we let it affect us in one way or another on the forum, so to anyone thats been offended by me or some of my remarks, im sorry:oops:................laurie:)

Good post Laurie......and you are right, personal issues do come into play at times and we let our fingers do the walking when we shouldn't. I'm guilty myself.

Hope things look up for you soon Laurie.......my friend!

:)

fwiw i heard on the radio there's a long-term study in progress observing whether fluoride added to city water actually lowers I.Q.

but, reserving judgment on the fluoride issue, i tentatively agree about bottled water being no better for you than city water. also i work with a former bottled water toxicity screener or some such job description, and she said most of it is crap and no improvement over tap water, containing all sorts of organisms like regular water.

and apparently aquafina and dasani (the flagship water brands of pepsi and coke respectively) are the purest bottled waters on the market.

but people are griping now about all the plastic to make all those bottles is bad for the environment. maybe the culligan (big reusable water jug) people are behind the whole upheaval. look out for the culligan water dispenser with built-in stereo speakers and ipod charger, for the trendiest of the "enlightened" lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back