Update Forum Attachments Rules

Don’t understand most of this, more importantly will it affect my corona cooking posts?

That’s really what the people want to know.
sox has been looking a little chonky; might need to cut her back so her screenies fit :D

With JPG the size of your DOA1 highroller screenshots could be 6-7 times smaller, and without a significant difference ;).
But i dont want my wins to be smaller.
But since its you suggesting it, i will give this jpg format a chance.

Ok, when im wrong im wrong....file is only 9kb now, and you cant even see any difference when comparing with the original.
Maybe jpg isnt so bad after all.

aaa.jpg

Holy shit! That’s probably the most offensive post I’ve ever had.. and I’d had a few lol
Mine's like 3X the size of yours, I'm hardly judging :p

so....the average mean is somewhere around...1MB?

( to me, seems PC is a non-issue, as simple as pie to resize) but mobile users exceed that by a fair score?

The thing is dionysus it's the whole 'throwing up a barrier' problem, yes it's relatively straightforward to resize an image on a PC/laptop, but some people are simply going to react to 'COMPUTER SAYS NO' with, 'Oh well I can't be bothered then, I was trying to share something with this community but it seems it doesn't want me to'.

Also, since the forum software is automatically resizing images to 800 pixels wide, isn't it also reducing the actual filesize in the process?

I'm just trying to see if there's a consensus or compromise. I have to assume it was (a cap) implemented for a reason. I can't imagine pere did it because he was bored. Just seems a smart strategy to present admin with a sort of solution outside of 'put it back the way it was' , is all

I'm just trying to see if there's a consensus or compromise. I have to assume it was (a cap) implemented for a reason. I can't imagine pere did it because he was bored. Just seems a smart strategy to present admin with a sort of solution outside of 'put it back the way it was' , is all
Don’t understand it.
If it says won’t download then it won’t, if it will it will.
That’s my input :)

Don’t understand it.
If it says won’t download then it won’t, if it will it will.
That’s my input :)

That would be same as me. Laughing at resize images. I once tried to do that in paint never worked. Took me long enough to figure out how to post a pic in first place.

But if this is all about the site using too much space for all the video clips and screenshots posted i have an easy solution.

Just ban the Damned Bear from posting Gif's and Sausage videos. Plenty space left then lol.

Hey guys we're increased Max Attachment size : 1MB. I will strongly recommend you to upload them in JPG format, instead of PNG (uncompressed).

Anyway, we're looking for a solution to make all the upload process better and Optimized.

Salut!

FWIW, it sounds like the best approach would be to accept the large stuff and auto-crunch it down to whatever (reasonable) maximum we can handle for long term storage.

I'm "old school" and have always thought it totally RIDICULOUS the amount of memory used by modern phones and other devices to make just one picture - usually several Megabytes :eek2:
Nobody (except professional photographers) needs pictures of such high definition - you definitely don't need it for a screenshot of a slot win!

Not so many years ago, memory used to be a very expensive and valuable resource - now it seems that no-one cares how much they use :(

So anyway - I reckon it takes me less than a minute to take a shot, paste it into Paint, reduce the width to 680 (I do this with all my shots) and save as JPEG. I know it's more tricky on phones, but it's simple on a PC.
None of my shots are over 200K.

ScreenShotSizes.jpg

Anyway - whatever. Peace & Love to all :thumbsup:
KK

So the video section's gone from the toolbar has it. Not to worry, I can upload it to Vocaroo and reformat it for CM
sure, but if we want to see a man beaten by his missus with a rolling pin couldnt we just read Andy Capp?

sure, but if we want to see a man beaten by his missus with a rolling pin couldnt we just read Andy Capp?

That was actually my first ever gamble in the seaside town near me (a place that hasn't changed in over 50 years - and as per the creepy show Castlerock, just round the corner as well), circa 1993/4.

Pretty sure it's the same machine as back then, with the chip out of it. Still play it when i go home - i love a compensated game.

Uploading a 450TB pic as we speak

Screenshot 2020-09-21 at 10.05.07.png

So the video section's gone from the toolbar has it. Not to worry, I can upload it to Vocaroo and reformat it for CM
Hey why you don't try to upload your video in some streaming site: YT , VImeo, Metacafe....?, you could use the URL from these sites to show your videos here as well.

We mever had arcades in the sense you had there; in fact, the 1st of its sort I ever played was 20 years back on a ship between Eng and Paris (confused the Hell out of me, the weird pinball-style slot in that stuff happened up top and 'levels' and 'tracks')
Though, earliest online days, it was Track and Field Mouse for me

Hey why you don't try to upload your video in some streaming site: YT , VImeo, Metacafe....?, you could use the URL from these sites to show your videos here as well.
Because I don't want to? The point being the option was there before and now it's been removed. If I wanted 3 views for 2 minute clip I would have created a YT account years ago.

But if it's worth saving the £14.76 in annual bandwidth costs in the name of streamlining the site, then by all means

But if it's worth saving the £14.76 in annual bandwidth costs in the name of streamlining the site, then by all means

You have no idea what the reasons or the costs are. You really ought to try less piss in your tea, might improve your disposition immeasurably.

Later: apologies to goatie, that was unnecessary and uncalled for. I would've removed it but it's become part of the thread at this point and like everyone else I have to live with what I post.

Last edited:
Because I don't want to? The point being the option was there before and now it's been removed. If I wanted 3 views for 2 minute clip I would have created a YT account years ago.

Isn't just a Cost-Saving thing goat, just some pages aren't loading properly because these uploads, and this penalizes our Server Hosting Service. As I mentioned we're working on find some solution to this Video-Issue-thing.

Salut!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back