Official FOOTBALL - Premier League, SPL & UK Nations 2022/23

Sky uploaded the highlights and with haste I scarpered over there - and it was pretty ropey from Utd, of that there is no doubt.

Not sure at what point de Gea forgot the basics of goalkeeping, allowing that first goal to squirm through, but he tends to veer from best goalkeeper in the Prem to one of the worst, alternating on a season-by-season basis. Looks like he'll be pants this year.

The 2nd goal further illustrates why this fangle-dangle 'playing out from the back via a goal-kick' is the worst fad to hit the game in recent years, as though it has any strategic advantage, and as though the teams think they're 1970 Brazil.

The defending from the set-piece for the 3rd goal (or lack thereof) was weak, but can be attributed to early season rustiness, so that's up for debate.

Fourth goal was nice with a devastating counter-attack and tidy finish, but of course Utd had long given up the ghost by then anyway.

I'd expect Utd to raise their game a tad for the Liverpool rivalry, as Klopp's men haven't exactly bolted out of the starting blocks themselves, and have some midfield injury woes. But it certainly looks like Flat Eric may have to drop a couple of 'big' names going forward before the heat becomes unbearable....

If I was to guess, Tuchel's rather 'animated' and was celebrating Chelsea going 2-1 up like they'd just won the World Cup.

I'd imagine Conte reminded him to not count his chickens before they'd hatched, and so Tuchel probably got out his hand bag in a rage

Looks like quite the spicy game between Chelsea and Spurs. Just as the fat lady was about to sing, up pops Kane for a 96th- minute equalizer! Hoh lordy!

I had a bet builder with kane 1+ on target, both teams score, 10+ corners and Chelsea to win. all there except kanes 1 on target. finally he got it in the 95th min, phew. Though he also scored it, to kill my bet by putting the game to a draw lol. fucking lanky bastard.

If I was to guess, Tuchel's rather 'animated' and was celebrating Chelsea going 2-1 up like they'd just won the World Cup.

I'd imagine Conte reminded him to not count his chickens before they'd hatched, and so Tuchel probably got out his hand bag in a rage

Found it on Twitter, pretty tame for Italian standards

What I take from this game is comfort in knowing how far we've progressed in a very short space of time, when realistically speaking, Newcastle would have been on to a hiding and lost this fixture comfortably anytime in the last 10-15 years (and mostly have).

Instead, we found ourselves in the very awkward position of leading 3-1 and looking at the crowd and manager as to what to do next dammit, and unfortunately didn't quite have the minerals to see the game out. Of greater surprise is that no one clinched a winner with half an hour of the game left, despite the free-flowing park kickaround that preceded it 🤷‍♂️

Onwards and upwards, and nice to see actual team-building going on by Howe, strengthening positions that needed strengthening, as opposed to some Supermarket Sweep of collecting marquee signings to make us more top-heavy than Jordan in her prime.

Goals weren't too shabby either, with Trippier's majestic free-kick one for the ages. And with the first Oil Classico out of the way, I expect more shwashbuckling games like this against the big teams, reminiscent of Keegan's mid-'90s entertainers. What a time to be alive!

Brighton look a really useful side, organized and playing some great stuff.

Liverpool are traditional slow starters, but the problems appear to be run deeper this time. I guess talk of getting that extra midfielder wasn't just idle chat.....

Early days of course, but I want to see Ten Hag cut his teeth and how he adapts to the rigours of the Premier League. So far he's already learnt on the job, realizing early on that dropping Maguire saves your team on average 2.8 goals!!

Liverpool are traditional slow starters, but the problems appear to be run deeper this time. I guess talk of getting that extra midfielder wasn't just idle chat.....

Early days of course, but I want to see Ten Hag cut his teeth and how he adapts to the rigours of the Premier League. So far he's already learnt on the job, realizing early on that dropping Maguire saves your team on average 2.8 goals!!
but doesn't save you £80m...:D

Ten Hag has faced a steep learning curve during his first two games. A real baptism by fire. He got it spot on tonight though, I couldn’t be happier because he is clearly a top coach.

The most pleasing thing is we actually played as a team. Varane and Martinez were excellent on the ball and Malacia looks a genuine talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back