Official FOOTBALL - Premier League, SPL & UK Nations 2022/23

Prolly good timing that I deactivated fb a few months ago. Only really used it to shit on United the whole 18 months prior.
Rashford made me some dedent money this year. Bloke was class. Never thought I'd find myself cheering on Rashford almost as much as Salah, though money's money.

We’ve played the season without a striker. Rashford is a wide attacker when all said and done.

We also have one of the highest chances created stats in the league but often can’t hit a barn door. For example, Bruno’s chances created stats are number one I think. Our xG also outweighs what we’ve actually scored, so it’s another metric pointing towards our dire need for a quality number 9.

Second to this we need a couple of press resistant midfielders who can hold on to the ball and progress it further up the pitch. The thrashings we’ve had this season are due to Ten Hag attempting to play a higher line…certain players being easily dispossessed in dangerous areas which then sets the opposition on attack in advanced areas of the pitch. One pass and the opposition are through on goal. That’s why it’s imperative that if you high press, the defenders, midfielders and GK all have to be comfortable with the ball at their feet, so not to cede possession.

As for Casemiro, yes he’s absolute class. That no look dink leading to the second goal yesterday was tasty.

The FA cup final will be a very good test, martial is a frustrating player because he does show glimpses of real skill and threat, but seems to be always in and out due to injury or form.

As a lfc fan Nunez is starting to give me that feeling, you want your no9 to start every game like H.kane or haaland.

The FA cup final will be a very good test, martial is a frustrating player because he does show glimpses of real skill and threat, but seems to be always in and out due to injury or form.

As a lfc fan Nunez is starting to give me that feeling, you want your no9 to start every game like H.kane or haaland.
We have very little chance against City. They're on another level to most teams at the moment, they recently trounced Bayern and Real Madrid and made light work of Arsenal.

The audio from the VAR decision for the spurs v liverpool game is strange and confusing, why doesn't one of them just confirm whether it's a goal or not, instead of check complete???

Offside goals have got to be the easiest to review via VAR, the only complication is when they say an offside player is not impacting play. Traditional ones like this should be piss easy.

However, you can't really do replays as there are other decisions that get missed entirely, plus red cards that are later overturned, and penalties awarded that weren't or at best 50/50.

To make matters worse I had Diaz in my fantasy team! 🥹 :laugh:

Possibly the barmiest end to a game I can recall.

Just the late winner/ VAR drama/ two goalie sending-offs (including a two-footed lunge) and of course Giroud going in goal at the end.

Only thing funnier than the heavily biased yet hilarious commentator's goal celebration is his reaction to when the goal is allowed to stand :D

Oof

Bit of a humdinger here, as Everton are deducted TEN POINTS for breaking 'Profit and sustainability rules' over quite some time :eek:

Anyone that's seen their business model over the years would not be too surprised, as it was a disaster in the making.

So that puts the historic club at an impressive 19th, with four points after almost a third of the season, effectively consigning them to the drop, barring a miracle.

ev.jpg

Talks of Man City being next to face sanctions......

Oof

Bit of a humdinger here, as Everton are deducted TEN POINTS for breaking 'Profit and sustainability rules' over quite some time :eek:

Anyone that's seen their business model over the years would not be too surprised, as it was a disaster in the making.

So that puts the historic club at an impressive 19th, with four points after almost a third of the season, effectively consigning them to the drop, barring a miracle.

View attachment 190295

Talks of Man City being next to face sanctions......
The worst thing about this is (as an Everton fan) is that the overspend was 90% on shit players, cast offs from teams in positions 4-10 in the PL and crud from lower divisions or abroad. We must've bought a whole dinghy of cheap cross-channel migrants and like them, most have vanished since. We NEED to be relegated for a great reset. Sadly, there's 4 teams around us even more shit than we are which will ensure they stay up. The penalty should've be executed last season, had it been so then Leeds would have stayed up instead of us. What a shitshow.

Quite the spectacle at Old Trafford, as Man Utd host Chelsea, thanks to Prime's football extravaganza!

Both teams playing as their league positions indicate, with moments of great play marred by interludes of park football. United ought to be leading however, having harassed Chelsea for the best part of half an hour, with Chelsea somehow being presented with golden breakaway chances in the melee....

Alas, a piece of individual 'Get Out Of Jail' twinkle toe brilliance by Cole Palmer has conspired to keep things level, at one a piece.

Moreover, and of greater concern, is the current hair fashion barometer on display. Gone is the mushroom 'Meet me at McDonald's' cut (the actual name attributed to it), to be replaced by the trendiest thing since 1495, aka the 'bowl' haircut.

No longer the preserve of mum's getting cutting one's hair around a frying pan, this Cadfael-inspired look is really a thing. Good luck to them I say!

1701898024933.png

Fraudulent baldulent Ten Hag conspiring to make his Utd team revert to type, as back-to-back wins are simply not part of his M.O.

Bournemouth rogering them 3:0 as I type, questions will once again be asked whether he is indeed the right man at the wheel, or whether the board will bring in a more wheel-versed manager in the form of Solskjaer, with contingency plans being drawn up for Big Sam.....

Fraudulent baldulent Ten Hag conspiring to make his Utd team revert to type, as back-to-back wins are simply not part of his M.O.

Bournemouth rogering them 3:0 as I type, questions will once again be asked whether he is indeed the right man at the wheel, or whether the board will bring in a more wheel-versed manager in the form of Solskjaer, with contingency plans being drawn up for Big Sam.....
ManUre can take solace from the fact they didn't lose 5-0.

Possibly the barmiest end to a game I can recall.

Just the late winner/ VAR drama/ two goalie sending-offs (including a two-footed lunge) and of course Giroud going in goal at the end.

Only thing funnier than the heavily biased yet hilarious commentator's goal celebration is his reaction to when the goal is allowed to stand :D

That definitely had some "guy who just ejaculated but also just realised he has to clean up a literal hot white mess" vibes to it.

Jurgen Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of the season! Who'd have thought it!

Can't believe it'd mark the end of a nine-year spell in charge. I still remember that first press conference, and his first game being a 0-0 away!

It's little wonder he's run out of energy, he certainly gave it everything. Will he find that energy when the Saudi League comes a-knockin'?

1706267588786.png

rich-arab.gif

Jurgen Klopp to leave Liverpool at the end of the season! Who'd have thought it!

Can't believe it'd mark the end of a nine-year spell in charge. I still remember that first press conference, and his first game being a 0-0 away!

It's little wonder he's run out of energy, he certainly gave it everything. Will he find that energy when the Saudi League comes a-knockin'?

View attachment 192890

rich-arab.gif
Yes, I remember most his Liverpool losing 6 consecutive home league matches a few years ago, Brighton, Everton, Burnley were 3 of them IIRC. A one-off record no LP manager has ever achieved before. The 'covid' league title too.

Jurgen Klopp,
he's on the hop
We don't know to where,
and we don't bloody care
Nine years of moaning,
now he's gone a-roaming
So here's the rub,
he's off to a big club!

P.S. Why the meme of a cross-channel migrant? :confused:

Chilean Chad Arturo Vidal making a humble return to his first club, Colo Colo, after having played for more top clubs than you could shake a stick at.

Content with just the 'holding the designated club shirt in front of the press unveiling' at previous clubs, here we see his boyhood club go to town with a helicopter entrance, followed by riding a horse in kingly regalia, kudos 🚬

vidal sassoon.jpg

I've failed many times in Primary School ... Repeated a few grades more than once.

This has inspired me.

I'm starting afresh. I spoke to the headmaster and the school has agreed to bring me in on a helicopter.

I will get onto a chariot and ride to my class. I've got this!!

As woeful as Haaland's miss was, there was a certain inevitability about his redressing that by adding his own brand of retribution at the end of City's 3-1 turnaround.

Much as I wanted Man U to dent City's title charge, United just cannot turn up for the big games, with Ten Bob's tenure now surely seriously brought into question. Mourinho to take the wheel?.......

Agreed and stands a chance of happening mate.

Still smarting from yesterday's result here lol, seems injuries are going to damage the rest of Wolves season with 4-5 key players now out.
Yes, sorry about yesterday Jon :p

Wolves have always been a conundrum. You'll beat prime Barcelona 3-0 away if on one of your winning runs, but conspire to lose 5-0 at home to Sheffield Utd if the mood takes you :laugh:

On the flipside, when Wolves go on a streak they're just great to watch. But then you'll go on equally baffling losing streaks, though brought about by your stretched squad/ injuries, sadly

Doing very little to dissuade people from the notion that Belgium's only famous for chocolates, Poirot and Tintin, the Belgian football association have seen fit to don the trademark Tintin attire as their away kit, with Euro '24 merely 92 days away.

And if we're to be honest, who doesn't want them to be the 'away' team in every match of the tournament now? :D

1710433177491.png 1710433193586.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back