Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao?

conker

Dormant account
I am not the world's biggest boxing fan, but I do know a big fight when I see one and when the winning purse stands at over $100m then you know its a going to be a big one.

Who do you fancy in what is being billed as the fight of the decade?

From what I have read, both fighters are in tip-top form and as ready as they will ever be. So my guess is that it will be the fighter that wants it most on the night.

hope I'm wrong

But I think this fight is going to be a snoozer. It should have happened years ago. I think both fighters are going to stay on the outside, collect their giant payday and Mayweather will win because he is the larger fighter naturally, 10 rounds to 5 with not much real action. I very much hope I am wrong and the fight is a great fight.

I've lost interest for that fight. Paq had some serious issues in the past couple of years and I don't want to root for Mayweather. Agree with the "snoozer" comment.

But I think this fight is going to be a snoozer. It should have happened years ago. I think both fighters are going to stay on the outside, collect their giant payday and Mayweather will win because he is the larger fighter naturally, 10 rounds to 5 with not much real action. I very much hope I am wrong and the fight is a great fight.

I remember when I was following boxing a fair bit back in 2005 and these two were just entering their prime. My mates and I used to say how awesome that fight would have been back then. Even in 2009 when it had dragged on for a bit but they were both still in their pomp, it would have been class. It's a shame it's taken so long but I guess it's better late than never.

I've grown to really despise Floyd Mayweather. I don't have a lot of time for woman beaters if I'm honest and even less so for those that so unashamedly throw money in other people's faces. He has no humility and no concept of reality. That said, he is arguably the best boxer of this generation.

Manny Pacquiao, in contrast, is a lot more grounded but I think he's on the decline quicker than Mayweather. He's suffered a couple of disappointing losses over the past few years but has that been because his preparation has been disrupted by his political aspirations? It's a tough one.

I truly want Pacman to win. I really do. I just think Mayweather is the fighter in better shape and will sneak the win. It will either be a Mayweather win on points or a Pacman win by KO. Would love to see that KO win!

Mayweather stopped being a KO fighter about halfway through his career, but I feel that the first few rounds will be like a staring contest until the latter rounds where all hell will break loose, culminating in MW knocking out a tired Pacquiao. The 'O' will definitely not go. Followed by a swift retirement and cemented status as one of the top ten greatest fighters of all time:cool:

I just want a good fight. I hate paying for pay per view and it becomes a shitty fight, 1st-3rd round knockout, or someone bites off an ear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back