Flash is dead

Macromedia Flash OMG such old memories!!!

Yeah it was great software back then - ) Dreamweaver one of the first WYSIWYG site editors and support run through usenet. the golden days of the internet without an "accept cookies" pop up screen in sight !!

I used to make my own flash stuff back in the day too. I also used to make swf files too. Until I moved over to actually using proper macromedia flash editors. I mainly made flash banners for websites etc etc and also I made some flash music lyric sing along videos as a hobby which I uploaded to a old debunked flash community forgot the name but it had the word grounds in the url.

I did try making a game once which I did not manage to finish as it was taking too much time and decided to just give up because I had other work that had priority at the time.

I mean html5 is far superior. But it will not be the last new technology that comes along. html5 will probably also be replaced by something in the next 10 years as well I reckon. Unless it will just be a case of it being html6/7/8/9/10 and so on...... To which it will not be replaced but just updated. Similar to the fact Microsoft have now made windows 10 the final OS they will make from scratch and they will just be upgrading and updating that going forward.

I will miss a lot of slots that was made in flash though. I will also miss the slots that will not be migrated over. There is a hell of a lot of them too. But slot providers make decisions based on various factors. Mainly to do with how popular the slot was and how many times it got played in a day or week and they also take into account other factors if the slot can actually be migrated over. Migration is not easy as they still have to basically re-make the whole slot. I mean yes they can copy the symbol images and sounds etc etc but the rest they have to basically do from scratch.

Some slots that have been migrated have been so horribly migrated and in some cases rushed. Like Ruby Slippers from WMS which used to be one of my fav slots ever made. That slot got totally ruined when they migrated it to html5. Then comes The Terminator slot that very recently got migrated to html5, boy again did they screw that up. They even made the reels spin at ultra fast speeds too and the whole slot just plays aweful compared to the flash version. I mean the reels spin faster than that 3 second rule in that new html5 version too.

Anyway it is what it is RIP flash. I will miss you with all your flaws and security issues you came with, you was great but times move on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back