1. By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies .This website or its third-party tools use cookies, which are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the cookie policy.Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Follow Casinomeister on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Casinomeister.us US Residents Click here! |  Svenska Svenska | 
Dismiss Notice
REGISTER NOW!! Why? Because you can't do diddly squat without having been registered!

At the moment you have limited access to view most discussions: you can't make contact with thousands of fellow players, affiliates, casino reps, and all sorts of other riff-raff.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join Casinomeister here!

Fire Horror in London

Discussion in 'The Attic' started by dunover, Jun 14, 2017.

    Jun 14, 2017
  1. dunover

    dunover Unofficial T&C's Editor Staff Member CAG PABnononaccred PABnonaccred PABinit mm3 webmeister

    Occupation:
    International Money Launderer
    Location:
    the bus shelter, opposite GCHQ Benhall
    Just watching the news live - London tower block gutted, horrific scenes and casualties.

    You must register/login in order to see the link.
     
  2. Jun 14, 2017
  3. interlog

    interlog Senior Member MM webmeister

    Occupation:
    Manager
    Location:
    London
    The question begs how the fuck a whole building caught fire.

    Somebody will need to answer to this surely.
     
  4. Jun 14, 2017
  5. dunover

    dunover Unofficial T&C's Editor Staff Member CAG PABnononaccred PABnonaccred PABinit mm3 webmeister

    Occupation:
    International Money Launderer
    Location:
    the bus shelter, opposite GCHQ Benhall
    It seems the cladding added 2 years ago acted like a candle. People threw children out onto concrete rather than see them burn alive. Awful.
     
  6. Jun 14, 2017
  7. osulle

    osulle Ueber Meister CAG mm4 mm1

    Occupation:
    life
    Location:
    Northern hemisphere
    I read the article and thought why the fuck the alarm didn't go off in the building as one eyewitness claimed. I hope a through investigation is done as to why the building caught on fire and why the alarm didn't go off and people be held accountable for this. This is a harrowing story. So sad.
     
  8. Jun 14, 2017
  9. trancemonkey

    trancemonkey Meister Member

    Occupation:
    Games Producer
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    And the fire alarm didn't go off - so no-one was woken up.

    How can they not have tested the cladding to see if it was fire-resistant?! Surely that's test number 1 on the list of obvious things to do?!

    There's some corporate manslaughter or negligent manslaughter charges coming for someone soon....

    Horrific
     
  10. Jun 14, 2017
  11. interlog

    interlog Senior Member MM webmeister

    Occupation:
    Manager
    Location:
    London
    This makes horrible reading: You must register/login in order to see the link.

    If any of these allegations are true then somebody will have to face prison for it surely. The residents have been warning for years that a disaster was waiting to happen :confused:
     
  12. Jun 14, 2017
  13. trancemonkey

    trancemonkey Meister Member

    Occupation:
    Games Producer
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    You must register/login in order to see the link.

    Especially that one - looks like their worst fears have come true...
    All those at the KCTMO should be quaking in their boots now - i hope the law catches up with them...
     
  14. Jun 14, 2017
  15. greylady

    greylady The more I learn, the less I know

    Occupation:
    Little Minx :-)
    Location:
    Scotland
    I saw this earlier this morning and it's horrific how the tower became an inferno so quickly, god all those poor people trapped in the tower, I can't imagine how terrified they must have been - as others have said someone needs to be held accountable, I dread to think what the death toll will finally be, the trauma for the children and those with severe burns, it doesn't bear thinking about!
     
  16. Jun 14, 2017
  17. lotusch

    lotusch Megaways Slots, as useless as salt in your coffee webby PABaccred mm2

    Occupation:
    Marketing Assistant
    Location:
    Dún Dealgan
    I am following this as well since early this morning.
    Unbelievable that the cladding of the building could catch fire so quickly and changed the place into an inferno.
    God knows how many bodies this will find. Horrific. :(:(
     
  18. Jun 14, 2017
  19. dunover

    dunover Unofficial T&C's Editor Staff Member CAG PABnononaccred PABnonaccred PABinit mm3 webmeister

    Occupation:
    International Money Launderer
    Location:
    the bus shelter, opposite GCHQ Benhall
    Even with the cladding, that shouldn't have happened and COULDN'T have unless there was a funnel effect, i.e. air sources from both inside and outside the building. Because there was no alarms, people understandably panicked and legged it out, probably leaving their doors open. This would massively increase airflow and exponentially make the fire about 8x more efficient. The cladding heat would 95% rise up past windows if it ONLY had external air feeding it, it had to be drawn into the building in some way to spread laterally too. I'm sure the tragic reason will be revealed.
     
  20. Jun 14, 2017
  21. chuchu59

    chuchu59 gambling addict CAG PABnonaccred

    Occupation:
    EXECUTIVE
    Location:
    SOMEWHERE IN ASIA
    I saw it on the telly and was wondering how a whole building could be on fire like that. I pray for the victims.
     
  22. Jun 14, 2017
  23. TradaCasino

    TradaCasino Official rep for Trada Casino

    Occupation:
    Head of Casino
    Location:
    Dublin, Ireland
    It's an absolutely horrifying situation - I can't believe what I'm seeing on the news. God love them.

    Reading the blog by the Grenfell Action Group (You must register/login in order to see the link.), there's no doubt there were serious issues with the building that were ignored by the KCTMO.
     
  24. Jun 14, 2017
  25. lnspin

    lnspin Senior Member webmeister

    Occupation:
    Webmaster - Mygamblinglife.com
    Location:
    WorldWide
    Anyone Hear if this was an accident or intentional?
     
  26. Jun 14, 2017
  27. greylady

    greylady The more I learn, the less I know

    Occupation:
    Little Minx :-)
    Location:
    Scotland
    Seemingly a power surge in one of the flats and a fridge started the fire, so it was on the news channel.
     
  28. Jun 14, 2017
  29. lockinlove

    lockinlove Staring into the sun PABaccred

    Occupation:
    I work :D
    Location:
    Canada
    I havent read it or saw anything on the news because im avoiding it. I dont like to read stuff like this. Suffocating or dying from fire is just a disgusting way to go. Or having to throw kids out of a window or watching them burn alive. I cant even imagine and dont want to read the stories. I did see on yahoo the building engulfed which looked like a volcano exploding. And the headline said someone threw a baby out and someone on the ground caught it.

    Wow. Terrible tragedy
     
  30. Jun 14, 2017
  31. geordiecolin

    geordiecolin Sells powdered water in the Gobi CAG PABnononaccred mm4

    Occupation:
    Manager
    Location:
    West Sussex
    As with so many other avoidable tragedies we will constantly hear " Lessons will be learned" Only last Saturday those residents where visited by the fire service and other officials where they where told in case of fire stay in your flat until help arrives. How many perished needlessly due to that advice? :(
     
  32. Jun 15, 2017
  33. lockinlove

    lockinlove Staring into the sun PABaccred

    Occupation:
    I work :D
    Location:
    Canada
    Ahhh it didnt take long for the pond scum liberal media to make this about something they shouldnt.

    There is already poor old syrian refugee killed articles popping up. The latest is on yahoo where the article reads "Escapes Assad but the UK failed him". Oh really, I would have to say the UK gave him a chance at a normal life and a terrible accident (possibly avoidable) killed him.
     
  34. Jun 15, 2017
  35. nojoke

    nojoke Experienced Member

    Occupation:
    online sales
    Location:
    uk
    Very sad indeed.
     
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  36. Jun 17, 2017
  37. Playford7

    Playford7 Senior Member

    Occupation:
    Offshore worker
    Location:
    North east England
    They used cladding that wasn't up for the job. When in fact the correct cladding would of only cost £2 more a square. Yet they chose against this.
    Also the previous re-generation cost upwards of 10 million, people are questioning where exactly that money was spent.
    Also proof of risk assessment and fire procedures in place.
    Nice to see the good old religion of peace helping the 'community' well helping the majority of there own from the building.
     
  38. Jun 17, 2017
  39. geordiecolin

    geordiecolin Sells powdered water in the Gobi CAG PABnononaccred mm4

    Occupation:
    Manager
    Location:
    West Sussex
    Lets hope that corruption has not played a part :mad:
     

Share This Page