Favorite Pizza Joint? (chains, not small locals)

Favorite Pizza Joint?

• Pizza Hut

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Dominos

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Papa Johns

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Little Caesars

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
Here we only have Pizza hut - although when I lived in ireland I liked dominos =)
I wont vote since I dont know the other 2 =)

I worked for Papa John's for a long time. They are a horrible company. They ignored warnings from employees about a security issue at my store which led to a murder of one of my coworkers then after getting in a car accident a couple of years later they fired me for not coming back to work before the hospital said I could and refused to pay a trivial amount of medical bills that went over the max of my no fault car insurance. The accident wasn't even my fault. It took an attorney getting involved for them to pay the $1000 or so. I never could recover the attorney fees and never attempted to get anything else even though the lawyer thought for sure I could take them for a fortune. I'm just not that way.

At the store where the murder was they rushed to reopen it without fixing the security issues such as indoor/outdoor lighting, adding a 2nd entrance (the store only had 1 way in/out through the front door) or creating a security policy. Shortly there after another employee was robbed, tied up and beaten up. Still nobody cared and the store stayed open.

Currently they have several cases pending in the courts and with the DOL against them where they have been accused of paying dirvers less than minimum wage because the company pays tip wage and keeps most of the delivery charge forcing drivers to use tips to cover their costs often preventing drivers from making min wage.

Getting fired turned out to be a blessing in disguise because I discovered online poker and it turned into a living but remember every dollar you give Papa John's goes to a company that is indifferent about employee conditions and the only concern they had about the murder was how much it cost them to settle with the family and how fast they could get employees back into the store so it could reopen. I still have several friends stuck working for them still and nothing has changed.

With that said I vote for Pizza Hut although I've heard good things about Domino's new product.

I never knew about the < minimum wage crap they're pulling. I worked for PJ from 1991-1993, mostly as a driver then inside as a shift manager, but I was paid pretty well. Even back then as a driver, I was averaging about $15 an hour with tips, wages and the per-run pay that drivers got back then.

But, you really have to consider the wear and tear on your car, too. I was putting new brakes on every 15-20,000 miles. It was nothing to put 200 miles on your car in one night alone.

But anyways, I love PJ's pizza. Their dough is outta this world. I don't know if they still do it, but back then they used to mix it by hand.

*UGH* Papa Johns puts the pepperoni UNDER the cheese also, so it doesn't crisp up:puke:
Pizza Hut is nasty too.

OK most chains are pretty sub-par now that I think about it, but if I had to choose one of the above it would be Dominos for the pizza and Caesars for the crazy bread (that stuff it so damn good).

Wow, Pokeraddict, that is a tragic story, I'm glad we don't have a Papa John's here.

Here in our tiny hamlet called Globe, we have had a Pizza Hut, went out of business many years ago. Then we had a local person open a small pizza shop, still in business, but on the other side of town so we don't go there anymore.
Then we had Little Ceasars come in, they're okay for mundane pizza. A couple years ago we had Dominos move into the area, never bothered trying them.

The best pizza me and the hubby ever had was in Mesa, Az at Godfathers Pizza, now that was the best pizza I ever tasted! :thumbsup:

Oh yea, I used to love little Caesars pizza, but I thought they went out of business? Or maybe that was just in our town and the surrounding area back in southern Indiana. It's like one day they were there, and were gone the next.

And I don't see any out here on the east coast.

Well after reading that pokeraddict, i wont be eating at Pappa Johns anymore, i guess i will have to change to Pizza Hut, just cant do the Lil Ceasers tho'.

When we did some electrical work for them , it was disgusting, a rat fell out of the ceiling when we were running some new wiring, the managment acted like it was no big deal lol, im sorry but when i eat out, i want what should be on a pizza and not rat or bug droppings:eek:

Laurie

Oh yea, I used to love little Caesars pizza, but I thought they went out of business? Or maybe that was just in our town and the surrounding area back in southern Indiana. It's like one day they were there, and were gone the next.

And I don't see any out here on the east coast.

Still a lot of Little Caesars here in Michigan. They are based here, the owner (Mike Illitch) owns LC, the Detroit Red Wings and the Detroit Tigers. Ironically, the former owner of Dominos (Tom Monahan) USED to own the Tigers also. It's a pizza mogul kind of state, lol.
Little Caesars has gone downhill a lot pizza wise, but that is just a reflection of the economy around here I think. They are big on the 5 dollar "hot and ready", you just walk in and pick one up, they are always there (very fast food mentality). But like I said, the crazy bread is still killer!

When we did some electrical work for them , it was disgusting, a rat fell out of the ceiling when we were running some new wiring, the managment acted like it was no big deal lol, im sorry but when i eat out, i want what should be on a pizza and not rat or bug droppings:eek:

Laurie

LOL LJ, my theory is if you saw 90 percent of restaurants back rooms, kitchens, etc. you would prolly never eat out again!
I try not to think about it too much, the less I know the better.

LOL you call them pizza joints
I am sorry but I am Italian
In the past 25 years I would say I had a pizza from them like 3 times.
If you want a good pizza go get one from an Italian Restaurant for what you pay at them other places.
The places you listed all use crap sauces.
If I am hard up to grab a fast one I would pick pizza hut.
If you buy pizza from any of them you should go to Chuck E. Cheese and least you get coins to play the games they have :lolup: Now that's a crappy pizza.

LOL you call them pizza joints
I am sorry but I am Italian
In the past 25 years I would say I had a pizza from them like 3 times.
If you want a good pizza go get one from an Italian Restaurant for what you pay at them other places.
The places you listed all use crap sauces.
If I am hard up to grab a fast one I would pick pizza hut.
If you buy pizza from any of them you should go to Chuck E. Cheese and least you get coins to play the games they have :lolup: Now that's a crappy pizza.

If only we could afford a trip to Naples for the original ;). But most Americans would not even recognize the pizza there as we know it here, just the way things morph into something else in another country.
I think most people avoid the chains anyway, we have local owned (by REAL Italians Bingo, the good shit, lol) that are so much better.

LOL LJ, my theory is if you saw 90 percent of restaurants back rooms, kitchens, etc. you would prolly never eat out again!
I try not to think about it too much, the less I know the better.

I've worked in quite a few pizza locations in my younger years and they were surprisingly clean. Since there are no fryers and no raw meat it is pretty hard to have any major health code violations as long as the coolers are all working and hand sinks are in working order.

Hiya: None of the above. It is a chain, but a small one. ROUNDTABLE PIZZA. There are only 2 of them left here in las Vegas. You never see a TV commercial for them, "Like i used to watch all the time in florida back in the late 1980's." They are the ones that actually started the, "better ingredients', idea, by promoting their use of, Real Cheese.

If you have a Roundtable Pizza in your town, try it out......:thumbsup:

I agree with BingoT, an Italian Restaurant is the way to go for pizza.

We do have papa ginos around here along with dominos and pizza hut but I never been to the others as they're farther away.

I'd go with pizza hut.

Who put the cheese in the crust? I had that once and it was decent.

Also based in Michigan, my home state, is my favorite chain (however small it is) is Hungry Howies. They opened their first store in Westland/Garden City...somewhere around there...in the 1970s. We went there all the time. One day, my mother suggested to the owner about having a two for one deal and soon afterward Hungry Howies started doing that. We speculated that Little Caesar's started their now-famous Pizza!Pizza! deal from Hungry Howies' promotion. Or so we'd liked to think! :D

Ha ha ha!

Are you serious? None of that crap is any good!

Giordano's, Barone's, Nancy's or just about any good Chicago-style pizza is heaven! :yahoo:

I pity anyone who have only eaten pizza from one of the large chains due to their location......

Ha ha ha!

Giordano's, Barone's, Nancy's or just about any good Chicago-style pizza is heaven! :yahoo:

I pity anyone who have only eaten pizza from one of the large chains due to their location......
This!

Ha ha ha!

Oh, do pity me. LOL.

We actually have a local restaurant here called Craigo's that is basically where all the Mormons go (essentially everyone in the town) after doing virtually anything. I'm not kidding. It's disgustingly full all. the. time. And I'd wager that 50% of all people eating at any given time are in Sunday dress.

The thing is it started off as quite a classy pizza restaurant with some really good Americanized stuff. Now it's this awkward fast-food joint/buffet/restaurant. I ate strictly Craigo's when I went out to pizza for about a year, and then had Pizza Hut, and went, "Why have I been eating this Craigo's crap all this time?"

But, Little Caesars wins. The crazy bread, the perfectly average pizza, and the cheapness of it all is just... heavenly.

(As a sidenote, sbarro is my favorite pizza chain. We had one in a mall nearby but they discontinued their food court probably eleven years ago. I went to Utah, saw a sbarros, and about fainted. LOL.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back