Eurovision Song Contest

nikantw

Closed Account
With the contest starting in a few days, its time for predictions and favorites. :)

So, are you a fan? Do you watch the contest? Have you ever attended one?
Who do you think will come 2nd and 3rd this year?
Do you like the -already crowned by the media- song 'TOY'?

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

With the contest starting in a few days, its time for predictions and favorites. :)

Denmark and we have a great song this year but winner will be tough i think a top 10 at least. Would be shocked if do not qualify for final :)

Denmark and we have a great song this year but winner will be tough i think a top 10 at least. Would be shocked if do not qualify for final :)
Qualifiers are the best aren't they :laugh:

It's like an even more tone deaf motley crew of performers, wowing us with their compositions :cool:

Awful

Oh that time of year again.

Now do i watch it and see all the wonderful competitors that sing worse than even me . Then see them all cheering and acting surprised when their nearest neighbour gives them 12 points as the whole voting is political.

Or do i do something even more interesting like read the 1000 pages in the Trump thread another 5 times.

Hard choice lol:D

Oh that time of year again.

Now do i watch it and see all the wonderful competitors that sing worse than even me . Then see them all cheering and acting surprised when their nearest neighbour gives them 12 points as the whole voting is political.

Or do i do something even more interesting like read the 1000 pages in the Trump thread another 5 times.

Hard choice lol:D
I've already archived the Trump thread, page for page.

Makes for wicked night time reading

I can just picture you on Saturday night then.

The cans of lager. Multipacks of crisps and box of hankies ready for all the excitement.

Then sitting their getting over excited a few hours before it starts watching such great acts as scooch and that all time classic song Flying the Flag just to get you in the mood for the real thing.

I can just picture you on Saturday night then.

The cans of lager. Multipacks of crisps and box of hankies ready for all the excitement.

Then sitting their getting over excited a few hours before it starts watching such great acts as scooch and that all time classic song Flying the Flag just to get you in the mood for the real thing.
You give me too much credit

Not so fond of Russia's entry this year :eek:

200w.webp

Sorry, never watched it, so can't comment.

And I had no clue where it is going to be this year until the German news channel n-tv.de posted an article about Lisbon. :oops:

I always watch it, since I can remember :)
There is too much politics involved and I don't like many of the songs, but I always have fun with it.
My best was 2016, I was lucky and almost all my favorite songs made it to the final. Best final I can remember (although best song came 2nd and the winner was pure politics).

This year may be my worst, I don't care for most of the songs. But I want to listen them again to be sure.

It's a big thing in Sweden that goes on forever before our contestant is chosen, but honestly I can't remember reading about it being political voting at all. I guess I'm a naive Swede as usual :oops:
Haven't seen it for years now but it's a tradition I still think should be kept:)

Tends to be in blocs of proximity so you’ll have your Balkan states, old USSR and the Scandinavian countries.

Cyprus and Greece are quite loved up.

To be honest Iv not watched in years - I only tune in to see how my Sky Bet is going :)

Oh and those famous EU countries are there as well; Australia and Israel. ;)

On that note - will the UK have to apply join from a few years from now? :)

This year may be my worst, I don't care for most of the songs. But I want to listen them again to be sure.

I did and .... :oops:
The problem in the sound was from my player! LoL. I don't know why, but when I changed from MPC to VLC everything was a lot better.
I have 7-10 favorites and another 10 that are ok. Now it depends on how they will perform on stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back