Equality isn't equality if your a female criminal

steveh35

Dormant Account
A woman who was caught drink driving was spared jail today when the judge said: 'If Miss Parry was a man, there is no question it would have been straight down the stairs, because this is a shocking case of dangerous driving against a background of two previous convictions for excess alcohol.

You richly deserve an immediate custodial sentence of 18 months. I want to see whether you can really address the issues rather than paying lip service.

'If you succeed, I will not make the custody immediate. If you don't comply, I will conclude that you are not worthy of the chance.'

So now we are letting people off for their gender, what is this country coming to.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Just for neutrality I read that article on what you could argue is a sensationalist publication, and then googled the judges name and read the first three articles that popped up.

Don’t see the big deal. Maybe she shouldn’t have said it the way she did but fact of the case mean suspended sentence probably an option.

This happens all the time, not sure why its just been picked up now, women ALWAYS get much lower sentencing than men.

This is true to a degree, but not prevalent at least lately in Australia. Haven’t been in UK for some time now. This at least is still true in family court and custody where they lean towards the woman even if she’s smoking ice everyday. That, at least, IS beginning to change.

It depends on the seriousness of the crime too. If it's manslaughter or murder women don't get off so easily. There are quite a few on death row too.

The law is unjustly feminised, as are the courts and the police system.
Feminism was once a good thing, sadly now it’s not about equality at all.
It’s turned into a cancerous man hating cult.

Just for neutrality I read that article on what you could argue is a sensationalist publication, and then googled the judges name and read the first three articles that popped up.

Don’t see the big deal. Maybe she shouldn’t have said it the way she did but fact of the case mean suspended sentence probably an option.

No I'm sorry but driving while disqualified should have meant a jail term be served as the starting point is a high level CSO, up to around 12 weeks in prison, the range for the level of alcohol is Low level community order – High level community order (considering the factors it should be high), and the range for dangerous driving is High level community order to 26 weeks custody, with a starting point of 12 weeks custody. No way this should have been lower than the starting point with drink involved and previous offences.
Add the three together and the sentence is most certainly unduly lenient.

No I'm sorry but driving while disqualified should have meant a jail term be served as the starting point is a high level CSO, up to around 12 weeks in prison, the range for the level of alcohol is Low level community order – High level community order (considering the factors it should be high), and the range for dangerous driving is High level community order to 26 weeks custody, with a starting point of 12 weeks custody. No way this should have been lower than the starting point with drink involved and previous offences.
Add the three together and the sentence is most certainly unduly lenient.

Fair squeeze of the sauce mate, I’m not all too familiar with UK sentencing guidelines. That being said I did try remain neutral and not just swallow the daily mail version. Whilst I don’t agree with discounting media just because it skews to either side, I try and read other opinions and reporting just to see what each side omits. And maybe that’s just me not taking the crime as seriously as others and that’s on me. Over here I knew a guy who just got 8 years for drugs, where in another jurisdiction the sentence would have been 4. And comparing this with another case, the next day a serial rapist gets 4 with eligibility for parole.

The guidelines are just guidelines, and judges are just people.

Fair squeeze of the sauce mate, I’m not all too familiar with UK sentencing guidelines. That being said I did try remain neutral and not just swallow the daily mail version. Whilst I don’t agree with discounting media just because it skews to either side, I try and read other opinions and reporting just to see what each side omits. And maybe that’s just me not taking the crime as seriously as others and that’s on me. Over here I knew a guy who just got 8 years for drugs, where in another jurisdiction the sentence would have been 4. And comparing this with another case, the next day a serial rapist gets 4 with eligibility for parole.

The guidelines are just guidelines, and judges are just people.

I didn't realise you weren't in the UK when I quoted you mate, sorry. However the sentencing guidelines here are a bit more than that, they are supposed to be adhered to.
'Justiice' is the same here, all over the place. Someone convicted of defrauding a couple of hundred grand from punters got almost 6 years this month, yet some people convicted of child sex offences or rape get much less. I know which I think is worse and should have the higher jail time!

Oh look, a female judge too! A feminist one too by her spoutings.

It's worth noting that 99% of these judges are dinosaurs and completely out of touch with reality. Guess what? Female criminals can be just as callous in committing heinous crimes, it's just that the legal system hasn't caught on to this fact. Many no doubt still believe women aren't mentally capable of being harmful, so dismiss it out of hand.

You know what's gonna happen to this judge? Nothing! She'll carry on in her bubble :cool:

This story'll get swept under the carpet in a couple of days no doubt, then feminists fighting for 'equality' can go back to complaining about manspreading/ mansplaining/ toxic masculinity/ office air conditioning being sexist because women are affected by it more

Oh look, a female judge too! A feminist one too by her spoutings.

It's worth noting that 99% of these judges are dinosaurs and completely out of touch with reality. Guess what? Female criminals can be just as callous in committing heinous crimes, it's just that the legal system hasn't caught on to this fact. Many no doubt still believe women aren't mentally capable of being harmful, so dismiss it out of hand.

You know what's gonna happen to this judge? Nothing! She'll carry on in her bubble :cool:

This story'll get swept under the carpet in a couple of days no doubt, then feminists fighting for 'equality' can go back to complaining about manspreading/ mansplaining/ toxic masculinity/ office air conditioning being sexist because women are affected by it more
I’ve sadly spent lots of time in court of late. Lots of time with solicitors also..
The whole rotten system is now run by feminist nazi’s..
no wonder we never left the EU...

I didn't realise you weren't in the UK when I quoted you mate, sorry. However the sentencing guidelines here are a bit more than that, they are supposed to be adhered to.
'Justiice' is the same here, all over the place. Someone convicted of defrauding a couple of hundred grand from punters got almost 6 years this month, yet some people convicted of child sex offences or rape get much less. I know which I think is worse and should have the higher jail time!

All good mate, whilst my family all listened to the Bow bells and beyond, I did my growing up over here; so never got to experience how that side of things worked. That being said I am very well versed on how “justice” works this part of the world. For the most part it’s if you’re able to pay for the tier of lawyer you need and what side of bed the judge has gotten up on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back