Electronic ciggie explodes!

chayton

aka LooHoo
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
I can't remember who it was, but someone here was trying to quit smoking with one of these - I actually was going to give it a try too.

A man trying to kick the smoking habit was puffing on an electronic cigarette when a faulty battery caused it to explode in his mouth, taking out some of his front teeth and a chunk of his tongue and severely burning his face, fire officials said Wednesday.

:eek2: ouch!

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I'm currently 'using' one of these to quit, on day 17 now. Bloody hope mine doesn't explode :eek:

I used one for quite a while. I still have one I carry when I'm going to be trapped in smoke free environments for extended periods.

It was probably the battery that exploded. No info yet as to why it might have.

added: I used to see ads for something like a home made e-ciggie that was huge... lotsa lotsa nicotine from that one... you buy the necessary parts, assemble, and you have one huge cigar like thing. Just thinking that may be what he had for such a big explosion...

That's probably what it was Mousey, in the article is said something about finding a lithium battery big enough for a cigar (the old exploding cigar trick!)

I have a Nicorette inhaler that I bring with me when I'm stuck, but it kinda looks a bit like a tampon applicator so I feel strange about sucking on it in public. :oops:

I know ewwww...

Scarey! :eek: I was going to invest in some of those electronic ciggies too, but not now. Bugger that!:p

I believe you put yourself to a bigger risk by smoking:p
I have read about batteries to mobilephones that has exploded also. I don't think that have stopped anyone from using them;)

That's probably what it was Mousey, in the article is said something about finding a lithium battery big enough for a cigar (the old exploding cigar trick!)

I have a Nicorette inhaler that I bring with me when I'm stuck, but it kinda looks a bit like a tampon applicator so I feel strange about sucking on it in public. :oops:

I know ewwww...

LMAO! My e-cig is cool looking... slim, flat black, with a neat blue light on the tip. But it's old now. Time to upgrade and get with the new styles, etc. LOL

Lest anyone let this exploding thing put you off e-cigs.... Like anything with batteries... don't over charge them, and charge them in the proper charger. Buy from only the most reputable dealers, and research, research, research before wading into the e-cig pool. There are a couple of good forums devoted to e-cigs. Google is your friend. :)

And remember, even a laptop (battery) can overheat/burn/explode... and has in the past.

I am also thinking of using them. Are they tasting anything or are you just inhaling air?:)

I get the rechargeable 10Motives e-cig, they have a menthol flavour which is great tasting and you inhale/exhale smoke which is good as it's pretty much identical to a real cig, yet no nasty additives just the good stuff, nicotine!!

I think the menthol contain 16mg of nicotine and last for about the equivalent of 15-20 ciggies. You get 5 refills in a pack for £5.99, the amount of money I've saved in 2 weeks already is massive. Cigs in the UK are now at £7 per pack of 20 :eek:

I get the rechargeable 10Motives e-cig, they have a menthol flavour which is great tasting and you inhale/exhale smoke which is good as it's pretty much identical to a real cig, yet no nasty additives just the good stuff, nicotine!!

I think the menthol contain 16mg of nicotine and last for about the equivalent of 15-20 ciggies. You get 5 refills in a pack for £5.99, the amount of money I've saved in 2 weeks already is massive. Cigs in the UK are now at £7 per pack of 20 :eek:

I hear ya. Our cigarettes go up every 3 months :eek:Our goverment is on a mission to get the majority of us smokers off the stuff.

Our cheapest packet of smokes is $14.80 for a pack of 20. This is tailormades;) A pack of tabacco is $32 for a 30 gram and nearly $50 for a 50 gram. And apparently going up again, real soon:sob:

Thanks for that information:thumbsup:
I have tried the nicotininhaler but it taste awful. The nicotine I can probably do without, it's more the taste and the habit that's so hard to overcome.
I won't save any money. I make my own cigarettes and it cost me about $25 a month. But my health will probably be a lot better;)

Anyone truly interested in e-cigs, do your googling. They have flavors... many, many flavors... pina colada anyone? tutti fruiti? cherry? peppermint.... menthol... non menthol or 'tobacco' flavors... they come in different strengths, too.

Of course, the USA has been trying to kill them out.

Oh... and I really don't think they would help anyone kick the nicotine habit, but they're not stinky. What you exhale is water vapor.

The patches are good, I will definitely not be using an electronic cig anytime soon, I need my teeth hehe
No but seriously, that is awful, poor man:eek:

Anyone truly interested in e-cigs, do your googling. They have flavors... many, many flavors... pina colada anyone? tutti fruiti? cherry? peppermint.... menthol... non menthol or 'tobacco' flavors... they come in different strengths, too.

Of course, the USA has been trying to kill them out.

Oh... and I really don't think they would help anyone kick the nicotine habit, but they're not stinky. What you exhale is water vapor.

Every time it comes time to do spring cleaning I say I gotta quit....the nasty gunk on the walls....seriously it's disgusting. I need a nice long menthol kind that looks cool and gives me a little nicotine. I've been looking around but it seems like you can only buy them online...? Anybody been able to find them in Canada in a store?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back