Effect of Blackjack promotion in house edge

BakuPT

Dormant account
Joined
Nov 19, 2004
Location
Portugal
Harrods is gonna run a promotion this weekend in which every time the dealer has Blackjack, you will get half of your wager back.

What effect does this promotion has on house edge? Anyone knows?

Thanks.
 

mitch

Ueber Meister
Joined
Sep 30, 2004
Location
UK
BakuPT said:
Harrods is gonna run a promotion this weekend in which every time the dealer has Blackjack, you will get half of your wager back.

What effect does this promotion has on house edge? Anyone knows?

Thanks.

Hi BakuPt

This promotion gives a player edge of around 2%. A fantastic offer in other words.

I have played this offer before and have always come out with the maximum win.

Harrods is a great casino. Go for it bro. (did I just say that!)

Mitch
 

Slotmachine

Dormant account
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Location
US
mitch said:
Hi BakuPt

This promotion gives a player edge of around 2%. A fantastic offer in other words.
Mitch

Wow, that's very cool! What are the T&C's like?

I'm wondering: What alterations does one need to make in one's strategy with such a rule? I imagine the optimal strategy for this should be significantly different from the basic strategy?

Cheers,
SM
 

jsp377

Dormant account
Joined
Jul 17, 2005
Location
Williamsburg, VA
Slotmachine said:
Wow, that's very cool! What are the T&C's like?

I'm wondering: What alterations does one need to make in one's strategy with such a rule? I imagine the optimal strategy for this should be significantly different from the basic strategy?

Cheers,
SM

It shouldn't effect basic strategy at all.

If it's American hole-check rules, play would not be any different, since you already know the dealer doesn't have a blackjack when you start making decisions.

In European rules, the only real strategy change I could think of making would be whether to double or not in the 11 v T situation. In this case, you'll get 2*p bets back if the dealer has a BJ, rather than just p bets, where p is the probability that the dealer has an ace in the hole (around 7.7% or so). Given that this difference is at most .077 (2p - p, which is the maximum that doubling could end up higher than hitting) in that one situation, I doubt it makes much of a difference.
 
Last edited:

Slotmachine

Dormant account
Joined
Oct 15, 2004
Location
US
jsp377 said:
In European rules, the only real strategy change I could think of making would be whether to double or not in the 11 v T situation. In this case, you'll get 2*p bets back if the dealer has a BJ, rather than just p bets, where p is the probability that the dealer has an ace in the hole (around 7.7% or so). Given that this difference is at most .077 (2p - p, which is the maximum that doubling could end up higher than hitting) in that one situation, I doubt it makes much of a difference.

For BJ strategy advice, Who you gonna call?
Jsp377!:thumbsup:

Cheers,
SM
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top