Dumb bonus rules at CasinoCraze

DealerBusts

Dormant account
I thought i'd try out this new Bossmedia casino who are owned by Sportingbet. I made a 100 deposit thinking that i'd receive the 100% match bonus in my currency. Well that was not the case and i got maximum of $100 instead. I enquired about the wagering requirements and they told me it was 25x deposit and bonus. I asked if i would only have to wager the amount of my deposit that matched the bonus and they told me it was my entire initial deposit!

So i had to wager 33% more because i had deposited more than $100. I told the CS over live chat that it was an unfair rule but he would not budge from what it said on the website and told me that his manager was fully aware of the policy. It seems to me that the casino is discouraging anyone from depositing big there which seems stupid. If you deposited $1000 then you would need to wager something like $30k for a measly $100 bonus.

I'm forfeiting the bonus anyway. I did play a few hands of BJ and saw the dealer hit soft 17. When did Bossmedia change the BJ rules? Anyway that further deterred me from playing here.
 

Stanford

Dormant account
DealerBusts said:
I'm forfeiting the bonus anyway. I did play a few hands of BJ and saw the dealer hit soft 17. When did Bossmedia change the BJ rules? Anyway that further deterred me from playing here.
This is something the Wizard is going to have to hear about. Anybody else seen this soft 17 rule change?

Stanford.
 

sw2003

Dormant account
DealerBusts said:
I thought i'd try out this new Bossmedia casino who are owned by Sportingbet. I made a 100 deposit thinking that i'd receive the 100% match bonus in my currency. Well that was not the case and i got maximum of $100 instead. I enquired about the wagering requirements and they told me it was 25x deposit and bonus. I asked if i would only have to wager the amount of my deposit that matched the bonus and they told me it was my entire initial deposit!

So i had to wager 33% more because i had deposited more than $100. I told the CS over live chat that it was an unfair rule but he would not budge from what it said on the website and told me that his manager was fully aware of the policy. It seems to me that the casino is discouraging anyone from depositing big there which seems stupid. If you deposited $1000 then you would need to wager something like $30k for a measly $100 bonus.

I'm forfeiting the bonus anyway. I did play a few hands of BJ and saw the dealer hit soft 17. When did Bossmedia change the BJ rules? Anyway that further deterred me from playing here.
This is not the only casino that has this stupid rule. I would let them take the bonus back and just leave.
 

trick

Dormant account
Well, he deposited in error but otherwise it is pretty clear in the T&Cs how WR is calculated and personally I have seen this way of doing it many many times....

Besides that I think he'll have a hard time forfeiting when he has already played some hands...
 

DealerBusts

Dormant account
trick said:
Well, he deposited in error but otherwise it is pretty clear in the T&Cs how WR is calculated and personally I have seen this way of doing it many many times....

Besides that I think he'll have a hard time forfeiting when he has already played some hands...
I usually deposit the right amount so i don't have much personal experience with the wagering requirements applied on excess amounts. I know that quite of lot of casinos set a limit on the wagering requirements with regard to the amount of the initial deposit that it applies to. The casino will allow me to forfeit the bonus just as most Bossmedia casinos do.

Stanford said:
This is something the Wizard is going to have to hear about. Anybody else seen this soft 17 rule change?
I was surprised when the dealer hit his A-6 and drew a 2. Fortunately i had a 20. Its the first time i've seen this happen. I haven't played much Bossmedia casinos this month but i don't remember seeing this happen before. The software CasinoCraze uses looks like other Bossmedia casinos, maybe a little more polished...hard to say.
 

GrandMaster

Ueber Meister
CAG
trick said:
Well, he deposited in error but otherwise it is pretty clear in the T&Cs how WR is calculated and personally I have seen this way of doing it many many times....

Besides that I think he'll have a hard time forfeiting when he has already played some hands...
If the bonus works like at other Boss Media casinos, you can always withdraw your deposit and winnings.
 

trick

Dormant account
Yes, sorry... Been a while since I was playing BossMedia.... He can withdraw at any time...

Other than that, dealer does hit on soft 17, but it's the only time I've ever seen it on Boss.... Casino365 uses Boss too, but no hit on soft 17, so it's not like all Boss casinos does it...
 

big_mac

Experienced Member
This is something the Wizard is going to have to hear about. Anybody else seen this soft 17 rule change?

Stanford.
Yes, I queried this with sporting odds at the end of October.

They said
'Thank you for your email. We have forwarded this over to our software
providers so that they can determine what has happened here and resolve any
bugs there may be. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.'

followed by:-

'Thank you for your email. Having looked into this we can confirm that the
dealer is permitted to hit on a soft 17 as this is also a 6.

If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to
contact us.'

It used to stand on soft 17, the published rules didn't change and the table graphics didn't change.
But after such a 'helpful' reply, I decided that there was no point in me trying to argue with them about it.
 
Last edited:

m249a

Dormant account
big_mac said:
'Thank you for your email. Having looked into this we can confirm that the
dealer is permitted to hit on a soft 17 as this is also a 6. QUOTE]



Maybe my math is off, but I thought a soft 17 is 7 or 17....where did the 6 come from? "the dealer is permitted to hit..." does that mean the dealer could chose not to hit?
 

Stanford

Dormant account
m249a said:
big_mac said:
'Thank you for your email. Having looked into this we can confirm that the
dealer is permitted to hit on a soft 17 as this is also a 6. QUOTE]



Maybe my math is off, but I thought a soft 17 is 7 or 17....where did the 6 come from? "the dealer is permitted to hit..." does that mean the dealer could chose not to hit?
Yes, seems their math is off. Even if they said 7 it makes no difference.

That's just nutty. Soft 21 (i.e. ace,3,7) is also 11. I would grant them the logic if they will simply hit soft 18,19,20, and 21 ;-).

I would send it to the Wizard along with the nutty explanation.

Stanford
 
Top