Dry January - anyone else hopping on the wagon?

Most new year resolutions last until January 12th most studies find. Which seems about right considering I will be hung over for the next 12 days after new years eve drinkfest.

I can tell you all something booze hits you alot different in your mid 30's than it did when I was in my early 20's. I used to be hungover for about 8 hours the next day and start drinking in the evening if those were the plans now I need many days to recover :laugh:
being in my 40s, i discovered the cure to hangovers in my 30s...sleep through them :p

being in my 40s, i discovered the cure to hangovers in my 30s...sleep through them :p

Drinking water during a night of drinking was looked at as pussified! Now it is a must and if people call me out on it I laugh and say well see you in the morning then, so is advil and half a gravol beside your bed when you wake up in the morning to put you back to sleep.

And the people who dont have a couple glasses of water are usually the ones I find in the bathroom with their head in a toilet bowl.

Here are my steps after a night of drinking. Chug two glasses of water, a slice of bread and two advils. Have a large glass of water beside my bed if I wake up and half a gravol.

When I was younger.

Chug two beers before bed, have a bottle of tequila or a ceaser beside my bed in case I woke up thirsty or sober. A bag of doritos if I was hungry. Now if I did this, see you in about 8 days and quite possible in the emergency room

January is over, cheers kids.

I was sick over the holiday season, so some of that alcohol purchased for the season still is waiting for me.

The Xmas bottle of bubbles turned into the New Years bottle, and even though I feel well enough now, that same bottle of cava is now destined for Valentines Day. But the Rothschild Pinot Noir did get opened and consumed with two duck dinners.

Don't know how exactly, but I missed all the posts in this thread which were made on Jan-2nd! (I was probably too sober! :p)

Anyway - I made it! No alcohol at all for the whole of January. Mission complete.
So at 0:15am this morning I had a lovely beer... or 3 :rolleyes:

I can't say I noticed ANY health benefits from abstaining, apart from feeling a little "fresher" in the mornings.
But I will be trying to drink less from now on... until the Meister Meet next Tuesday at least! :cheers:

KK

Don't know how exactly, but I missed all the posts in this thread which were made on Jan-2nd! (I was probably too sober! :p)

Anyway - I made it! No alcohol at all for the whole of January. Mission complete.
So at 0:15am this morning I had a lovely beer... or 3 :rolleyes:

I can't say I noticed ANY health benefits from abstaining, apart from feeling a little "fresher" in the mornings.
But I will be trying to drink less from now on... until the Meister Meet next Tuesday at least! :cheers:

KK

It says it will take around 6 months for the brain to heal from damages, depending on how much it was of course.
So not that strange it didn't help on you :p

Well done anyway:thumbsup:

I am off til the 20th and then 8 days in Vegas.....we all know how that goes.
I survived 8 long days in Vegas.....7 handpays, a 4 card and 5 card straight flush in High Card Flush and 3 back to back full bet straights on let it ride and I still am down 10k, was ready to leave after 4 days but my wife turned 50 on the 24th so I had to put my game face on for the last 4 days, a great bday dinner at Mastros, one of the best small live shows from Puddles The Pity Clown, a truly great performance by OMD and 3 more memorable days with my life partner and 2 best friends that flew in from Edmonton, tons of booze, food and even a visit from Hangover Heaven........cant wait to go back in October

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back