Doyle's Room goes with Microgaming

jetset

RIP Brian
DOYLES ROOM SWITCHES TO MICROGAMING ONLINE POKER NETWORK

The rumours were true after all - famous poker site announces its new destination

Speculation and rumour on where the famous Doyles Room.com online poker venue would relocate following the pull-out from the US of Tribeca-Tain-Playtech network came to an end this week with the announcement that the popular site has joined the expanding Microgaming Poker Network.

The move will allow Doyles Room to expand into European markets and is seen as evidence of the continued success of the rapidly growing Microgaming network, which now has over 40 sites operating.

Doyles Room launched in 2004 and since that time has established itself as one of the worlds most popular online poker sites. In addition to offering one of the largest tournament selections in the industry, Doyle's also draws players to its extremely popular Bounty tournaments, a series of weekly events in which players vie to win prizes by knocking out the bounty players.

A spokesman said that players looking to sign up can expect to meet and play the likes of Mike Caro, Todd Brunson and the great poker legend Doyle "Texas Dolly" Brunson himself, as well as a host of other professional and celebrity faces.

Doyle Brunson is one of the worlds most celebrated poker players, accumulating a record ten World Series of Poker bracelets and winning back to back world championships during his career. He is widely acknowledged to be the games most recognisable face and he still plays at the highest limits in the biggest games in the world.

The move to the Microgaming Poker Network will provide Doyles Room with greater liquidity and access to one of the most aggressive tournament schedules on the web, offering players the chance to enter a wealth of satellites to some of the worlds biggest offline tournaments. In the last week of February alone $400 000 worth of buy-ins were won on the network.

Roger Raatgever, CEO Microgaming says, It doesnt get much bigger than this - signing up the king of poker to the Microgaming Poker Network, so as you can imagine how we view this as a real coup. The Microgaming Poker Network has been enjoying a period of exceptional growth and deals like this only point to this trend continuing.

A spokesperson for Doyles Room said, We are delighted to be joining the Microgaming network. We reviewed many software providers in our search for a better gaming experience for our players and Microgaming met all of our requirements in terms of liquidity, tournaments and player features. We look forward to a long and successful partnership with them"

Update

TEXAS DOLLY TO PERSONALLY LAUNCH NEW ONLINE POKER SITE

Poker legend will play in Europe WSOP, too.

American poker legend Doyle Brunson will be a big attraction at both the European World Series of Poker (see previous InfoPowa report) and the launch of his Microgaming Poker Network online poker site Doyles Room.com next month.

Brunson will be heading for London in September to play at the inaugural World Series of Poker Europe and to promote the launch of Doyles Room.com in the United Kingdom and Europe.

One of the most admired and respected players and authors in the game, Brunson has made history both before and during the advent of the World Series of Poker in the United States and remains a formidable opponent, having won 10 WSOP bracelets in his career, two of which were consecutive Main Event wins in 1976 and 1977. Only two other players have so far matched this achievement.

Commenting on his forthcoming European visit, the poker ace said: "It's the perfect time to launch the new-look DoylesRoom. I have watched poker evolve for over 50 years now and continue to play in some of the biggest games in the world.

"Right now, London is buzzing about the upcoming WSOP hitting Europe - if you want to go heads-up against me, register with DoylesRoom and look out for my screen name TEX_DOLLY!"

Poker players will also have the chance to go heads-up against the Texas Dolly through Doyles Room's Summer Freerolls. The poker site is offering number of weekly freerolls through the summer, building up to the Finale Freeroll with a $25 000 prize pool. On top of that, the winner will get to play Brunson heads-up for an additional $25 000 prize.

The new site offers tournaments, cash games, a poker school and sit-and-goes for players of all skill levels and bankrolls, with professional advice from Mike Caro, founder of the first permanent poker school.

what software for the poker room?
Microgaming

My understanding is that Doyle's Room will start taking U.S. Players again as of the 19th of this month. Thats this friday...

From an email I received last night from Doyle's Room.
It gives me great pleasure to inform you that DoylesRoom.com is back in the USA Market. Commencing October 19, 2007, all US-players are welcomed to enjoy our redesigned, faster and better poker tables.

I guess the UGIEA is finally on the ropes... If TexasDolly has decided to come back...

First they banned US players and then discovered they couldn't survive without them. Well, I'm a US player and I'll be damned if I'm going to play there. They made a choice so let them live with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back