Does this sound right?

csm75

Dormant account
Hi all, new to the forum so please forgive me if I inadvertently break any rules!

I've been playing on an online site (not represented on here as far as I can see) for well over a year now with no issues. Deposit and play according to a deposit limit of £20 a week, and, from my email records have made 6-7 withdrawals in that time. First one or two went through no questions asked, first sizeable withdrawal (over a year ago) I had to provide all my ID etc, all good. I made another withdrawal this week. Tried to log on to my account yesterday to check the status of the withdrawal and I can't log on. Get on to live chat and they tell me my account has been closed, and should I wish to request to reopen it I need to send an email. I ask about my withdrawal and she confirms it has been processed and approved.

I then email support and ask why my account has been closed, and for it to be reopened. I get a reply a few hours later saying that my account has been closed as per my email and my discussion on live chat - links to lots of problem gambling website and they are going to send my details to be added to CND. Very confused now - I point out that *they* have closed my account - I have made no such request - my live chat session was to find out why I couldn't log in to my account.

Today, over 24 hours later, I got another reply saying that the live chat they were referring to was one that occurred with an agent of one of their sister sites back in 2015 where I had indicated some issues and asked to be self excluded.

At the time in question I had just gone through a bereavement, was not in a good place, and my gambling hobby had got out of control. I have written back today saying that my circumstances in 2015 are in no way reflective of my circumstances today and, if it was such a concern for them, why have they been quite happy to have me as a customer until now. I have also said that I do not give my consent to my details being added to the CND.

Obviously not bothered about the exclusion from that site, but are they within their rights to add my details to CND based on a live chat with a sister site over 2 years ago, and without my permission to do so now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back