DISGUSTING (or not) home remedies

lockinlove

Staring into the sun
PABaccred
PABnononaccred2
PABinit
Im trying this home remedy because my sinuses are so bad with this cold, I was looking for anything to help. Anytime I lay down, the one side of my face clogs with fluid and I cannot breathe and therefore cannot sleep. Also read the reason why my cold is dragging on is due to the germs being enclosed in my sinuses.

So here goes a drink I found. Im desperate for sleep and to breathe and nothing else is working.

This is a somewhat close picture of what Im about to drink. Except mine is in a shot glass. Its apple cider vinegar and a type of hot pepper. Really disgusting. The smell is beyond unbelievable. It basically smells like a shot of malt vinegar. But ive heard it works...so here goes nothing.

Not much to discuss I guess but im so scurrred

Any home remedies that come to mind that you guys use for anything?

ery990.png

I'm a very big fan of taking...nothing lol.
Not aspirins or tylenols or cold remedies.
I think the body is an amazing thing able, for the most part, to battle a lot of sh!t thrown at it, and I rather prefer things to run their course and build immunities and tolerances.

I (knock on wood) actually haven't been sick in...hmm....16 years? Took dysentery and e coli poisoning to near kill me, but since then, colds don't even scratch me (honestly, it's probably not so much a strong system, but nasty crap inside that kills everything lesser thrown at it lol)

But hope you feel better - lots of warm/hot fluids and bundle up :)

well if you tried already few hot shower, honey and tea and is still draggin on what about make use of few antebiothics. home remedy is worth the first few days then let science heal and dont get locked in love while outside next time :) unless you have that exhibitionist thing :eek2:
as a last step try boiling tea, let a towel cover the head and the recipent and inhale hot steam as much you can, is good for facial health too and cold, kind of miniature sauna very popular among ladies here.
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
be sure to isolate your head very well, this will unlock your breath.

I solve all my nasal cavity problems with "nothing".........here they are in any order: hot water while covering your head (as mentioned above), warm milk+honey, ginger juice, anything hot/spicy (your drink falls in this group). I have chili pepper with my meals and drink a lot of masala tea (Tea+ginger) too. I just feel like invoicing everyone who reads this,after all this scientifically proven :) ! Wish you Quick Recovery!

Try rubbing the soles of your feet with Vicks vapour rub. It may sound weird but there is a connection between the soles of your feet and your sinuses.

Which reminds me. Years ago my ex was taking the piss a little too much about her having a long lay in while I was getting ready for work. So as I left I leant across and kissed her good bye while I gently rubbed her arse with Deep Heat. Halfway down the stairs I heard ((((( COLIN YOU BASTARD ))))
Not sure why we divorced? :eek2:

i am a huge sufferer of year round allergies...my sinuses are always clogged up...long hot shower...nasal rinse...and if this fails i use an over the counter decongestant...but i rarely use decongestants as it sometimes makes things worse after the initial relief.

my chiropractor taught me a simple maneuver.

...on the side of your nose down to under your eye is where there is a sinus cavity as well as on the arch of your eyebrow. you can feel a small hallow space.

with both hands using two fingers on either hand.......that is index and middle finger on either hand...facing each other and close together pressing on...and around the area of your sinus cavity..press down and pull apart...not the skin but more like your pulling apart the bones underneath...sounds weird and maybe didn't explain properly....but it works and its harmless....

don't know if you understood how to do that...but it does work...hope you get relief either way...

The saline rinse seems to be a popular remedy recommended by medical professionals and quite common - as indicated above there are a variety of pre-prepared saline mixtures, but it's really just salt dissolved in water.

Some sufferers recommend rinsing out whilst bathing in the ocean, but with all the bugs and other pollutants in there these days not sure that's such a good idea!

Chronic allergies and sinusitis here... I use breathe right strips (I think that's what they're called - but there are generics/store brand available) on my nose at night as needed if stuffed nasal passages are a problem. (Not recommended on date night. LOL)

For sinuses... Generous use of saline nasal sprays, hot showers (breath deeply through nose as best you can), shampooing or simple hot rinsing of the scalp and head area, sometimes heating pads or those things you heat up in microwave applied to afflicted side for 15 minutes at a time. I don't recommend putting them on your eyes, but above or below the eyeballs. (I never seem to get both sides totally stuffed up... usually one side or the other feels as if my eyeballs and ears are about to explode from my head.) Hot drinks and soups and spicy foods.

Always drink plenty of water to help thin mucus. Juices are good, but don't overdo as they can cause problems ... ummm... at the other end. ;)

If you're into vitamins/supplements... Vitamin C and Echinacea (good for respiratory system).

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back