Did you know this winter sucks here in Connecticut in 2011

BingoT

Nurses love to give shots
Did you know this winter sucks here in Connecticut in 2011
I hate this crap.
This is what it looks like after this storm we had yesterday/today

0202111321.jpg

I hear ya, not much better here. Although, you've gotten a lot more snow. We've had a lot of ice and below zero temps for the last two to three weeks.
Kids are happy though, been getting at least one extra day off aweek for the last 3 weeks.

It's bad when 10 and 20 degrees above zero feels warm:(
Whoever is hogging the sun, could you please pass it our way?

Thanks all I have not seen this much in years.
& now going to work & coming home to this white crap lol
It just sucks lol
& you know what the worst of it all is............LOL
Son=at Uconn=comes home sometimes for the weekend
Sarah my 12 year old= What you need help I am doing homework.
Wife=What is a shovel.
So that leaves me one thing left "ME"
I got to do it all I guess.
LOL

We didn't get that much snow where I am in Canada, though I know how you feel about shovelling. We've had some pretty strange weather that's resulted in everything being covered with a nice shiny coat of ice.

In the last two weeks we've had a few major changes in our weather. Things were going along normally (around -20C or about -4F) then it got fairly cold (down to -40 a few days, C is the same as F there). Within a few days it got warmer than freezing (0C or 32F) and rained, then another few days later it was back to -40 for a week and today it is back up to +3C (37F).

Two days ago there were windchill warnings, stating that exposed skin would freeze in minutes, and today I am going out without a jacket to try to get all the ice off the sidewalks while it's warm. :confused:

I'm in Saskatchewan Chayton, I lived in Calgary for a while and got used to the melting/freezing all the time due to the chinook winds, but it doesn't usually get near warm enough to melt in Jan/Feb here (or even March for that matter).

Got rid of most of the ice off my sidwalks, it was quite easy at the start but it clouded over shortly after I went out and the water/slush started getting solid again.

*Sigh*.............I can identify.

Winter in Wisconsin.

Now that I am retired/semi-retired or whatever. I would love to go away for 3-4 months a year, but just can't be gone that long from our 3 kids and the two grandkids.

But lots of 4-7 days trips to break it up helps immensely.

Diane

It's bad when 10 and 20 degrees above zero feels warm:(
Whoever is hogging the sun, could you please pass it our way?

I thinks it us and would happily give some away- second day of temps above 40 degrees celcius (over 104 Fht)

Ahhhh, another day in Paradise (NOT!). Supposed to get another 2-5 inches of snow mixed with sleet today. I now have 4 inches of ice in my driveway and it isn't getting warm enough to melt any of it away.

The dogs go out into the backyard and just stand there as they can't get any "traction" to do their thing.

We've had a bunch of collapsing roofs here because of the amount of snow and then with a bit of rain, it's really heavy. So far it's mostly flat-roofed (industrial buildings) which is good.

There was a seniors rec center with about 150 senior citizens, they heard some funny creaking noises and cracking coming from the roof, and the staff bundled everyone up and got them outside and like 2 seconds later, the whole roof caved in right where they were. Not a single person hurt! :thumbsup:

oh yeah and
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
- it's one of the mountains they've built here with the snow they've plowed from the streets. Now they're worried about what's going to happen when it melts!

That's pretty hectic stuff - I was reading just the other day about a chicken farm in the States that lost something like 85 000 chickens when its roof collapsed under excessive snow loading.

It's enough to change your artistic delusions about the white stuff!

85,000 Chickens Killed In Collapse Of Bozrah Coop

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) _ Connecticut’s agriculture commissioner says the collapse of a chicken coop due to heavy snow has killed 85,000 chickens.
Commissioner Steven Reviczky said Thursday the incident at Kofkoff Egg Farm in Bozrah occurred Jan. 27 and the number of chickens killed was reported to the state recently. He says the dead birds were incinerated.
It was not immediately clear how much KofKoff farm lost from the incident. Its officials did not immediately return a call for comment.
The state says back-to-back snow storms since late December and a recent ice storm have brought down roofs of more than 130 barns, greenhouses, equipment buildings and other farm buildings in Connecticut.
More than a dozen dairy cows, two horses and a calf have been killed in building collapses.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I agree Tom! Now, if we can just get past the rain/tornadoes/power outages. We're never happy :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back