Threads:
Photos:

Latest posts

The Game Shack

Death Stranding

goatwack

Wake up Hop Hop
CAG
This game was hyped as the second coming of Christ by the industry, especially given Hideo Kojima's split from Konami after MGS4.

So here we finally have Death Stranding, a game so preposterously Kojima that I admit that my eyes turned a shade greener knowing it's a PS4 exclusive.

I guess it fell to Mack at WAB to set the record straight. Hoh boy :eek:

Kroffe

เ๓ ค Ŧคภςץ ๒єคг
MM
This game was hyped as the second coming of Christ by the industry, especially given Hideo Kojima's split from Konami after MGS4.

So here we finally have Death Stranding, a game so preposterously Kojima that I admit that my eyes turned a shade greener knowing it's a PS4 exclusive.

I guess it fell to Mack at WAB to set the record straight. Hoh boy :eek:

Sounds like he didnt enjoy the game all that much.
Ps4 exclusive, so that means no release for xbox360 then i guess.
:p

mack341

I thought uncle mack was going to like this, the landscape did look a bit too dreary and realistic. If I want 100% realism I can go for a walk rather than play a game doing the same...I bet mack is gonna take some stick on this one :laugh: I hope he's got his tin hat at the ready.

Hideo did that strange thing in metal gear v, when you had to attach knocked out enemies and other things to a balloon and send them off back to your base. It just looked silly and broke the immersion for me

I must admit when I first saw this on my youtube feed, a vid by digital foundry analysing the graphics, I was immediately concerned about the large boxes being carried on the back, it looked stupid and hardly bode well for moving around freely.

I think pretentious sums it up by the look of it, but who knows it might be good when you're actually playing it, I guess as a ps4 exclusive sony wanted it to be a very distinctive title, different to most other games.

RobDev

Administrative monkey wrench bloke
I think it's the boxes that does it for me, I've seen some videos with him carrying a tower of boxes and it just doesn't sit well with me.

Outer Worlds is more interesting for me as a new release mainly because it doesn't take itself seriously but has done good writing and a great exploration side.

But yea. I think I'll play death stranding, but not at the new release price, because it's crazy!

ChopleyIOM

Hearthstone Addict
webby
I spent all last night playing this, and I really rather enjoyed it.

The first time Sam nearly falls over is quite something, I've never experienced anything like that in a game before.

The graphics, music and sound do quite a lot of the heavy lifting (holy fuck the game is a looker) - but I honestly enjoyed just walking from one place to another with my packages.

goatwack

Wake up Hop Hop
CAG
I'd have to be Team Kojima on this one. A game like this isn't going to be understood by all and sundry and it's no Call of Duty!

You either 'get' his quirky, weird games or you don't, although the cut-scenes and 'narrative' can sometimes border on the ahem 'flipping ridiculous' :eek2:

Between him and Suda51 I think we have two of the best producers in the business, though their art is always going to be a love/hate thing - and that's fine too,

Can't wait to try this at some point.......albeit on PC (eventually) :thumbsup:

mack341

the digital foundry guy did say the game brought back for him the 'magic of discovery' which is a good recommendation in itself.

I'm still a bit distracted by the boxes but carrying them around must be crucial to the pace and feeling of the game otherwise it would be too similar to other games.

It's good to see a different type of video game, hopefully show the big firms game players don't just want to play the annual edition of battlefield/cod etc...I feel like sony have been switching to more of a japanese approach with distinctive games, and are now an authentic game developer in their own right like a sega of yesteryear.

[ :oops: the last console I had was a ps1, I missed ps2 and 3, so I'm probably way behind time with how sony is perceived, but in 1998 to me they felt like usurpers who had the money and resources but didn't have the sega or nintendo ability to bring a bit of magic/know-how to a gaming platform. When people see the name sony on a game now, do they have the same expectation as once seeing sega or nintendo, capcom etc...I've digressed ignore my ususal off-topic musings :laugh: ]

mack341

I spent all last night playing this, and I really rather enjoyed it.

The first time Sam nearly falls over is quite something, I've never experienced anything like that in a game before.

The graphics, music and sound do quite a lot of the heavy lifting (holy fuck the game is a looker) - but I honestly enjoyed just walking from one place to another with my packages.
Chopley I'd be interested to know what have been your top 5 games from the last say 5 years, which games have given you the most memorable gaming experience or enjoyment?
[putting aside Hearthstone :p]

edit: doesn't have to be in a 1-5 order, impossible to rank like that when it's close.

goatwack

Wake up Hop Hop
CAG
Oh that one's easy:

Demons Souls

Killer 7

Snatcher/ Policenauts

Final Fantasy VII

Super Mario World

edit: that's my top 5 All Time Greatness list. I'll get back with a more modern interpretation lol

Last edited:

goatwack

Wake up Hop Hop
CAG
Ok I'd wager: (last 5 years)

Dark Souls III

God of War 4

Titanfall 2

MLB: The show 17

For Honor (I really think this has the best melee combat in any MP sword & sandals game ever, and is constantly evolving)

mack341

Except it was last 5 years... Not last 20ifso list is way different
Well if the older games are higher in your list than the newer ones with more powerful graphics, that attests to something.

I find it hard to say what my best games would be, as often the memorable ones also tie into the life situation at the time, if that makes sense, so a game I spent playing over christmas once 25 years ago still stays in the memory as a golden time.

I've been out of the gaming scene too long :oops: :laugh: I haven't heard of half these titles...I remember there was a huge response to zelda on the nintendo 64, after that things become a bit of a blur for me oh and goldeneye...:laugh: populous on the megadrive that was another classic once you got the hang of it.

mack341

Ok I'd wager: (last 5 years)

Dark Souls III

God of War 4

Titanfall 2

MLB: The show 17

For Honor (I really think this has the best melee combat in any MP sword & sandals game ever, and is constantly evolving)
I had to look up the last one, I thought for a bit it was something to do with the men in black films :oops: :laugh: never had you down as a baseball fan but I use to like the arcade style versions of that sport rather than strict realism versions which that one looks like :oops:

I use to enjoy playing EA ice hockey on the mega drive, I was a whizz on that, a really good sports game, with the movement and motion of being on ice just right.

mack341

My all time top 5 is really eady

Final fantasy 7
Final fantasy 3
Gran turismo 1
Metal gear solid
Super mario world
Is this ps1..oh year metal gear solid was groundbreaking at the time, I remember playing the demo loads until I could get hold of the whole version. The crawling around in the vents, puzzles and stealth, the only part I didn't like was towards the end. when on every wall was a shotgun camera, the best way I can decribe it from memory, a real nuisance to navigate those levels and a bit silly.

ChopleyIOM

Hearthstone Addict
webby

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)