Danger High Voltage / DOA2 / Lil Devil Bonus question

Bloatgoat

multi-accounts in forum
As the title says, does it matter really which game you select upon entering a bonus? in my opinion if it's going to pay it dont matter which game you select. The outcome or result will still be the same, is that correct?

A while ago i had a remarkable feeling that once i hit the DHV bonus it did'nt matter what i selected, i was still going to win anyway. So i hit left which is known to be the less volatile game modus and it retriggered 4 times or so giving me up to 60+ spins. It hit the 300 mark or so since my bet was at 80 cents.

I think the same happend anyway if i hit the right; it would have appeared a semi full screen of wilds up to 300+ and that was it. My point is when a bonus is being thrown at you it's already decided the outcome. Otherwise it would be 3 outcomes for DOA2 depending on which game i select, or 2 different outcomes if i selected the DHV or Lil devil, right?

Difference on doa2 , if i understood Letsgiveitaspin correct is that its not a decided outcome.
Every spin in bonus is unique, with a set % chance of getting a Wild.
So in terms of wilds, IT may not matter on wich of the 2 higher volatile you pick ( or maybe % is lower on highest) but the multiplier makes the highest alot more worth it.

I'd say it does matter, especially regarding DOA II. I doubt the first two features are capable of the huge wins that the third feature is capable of.
Yeah, i think i saw someone mention that the train-bonus is capped at 1000x or something like that.
I mean, that bonus looks like it can deliver really big hits, since with a retrigger you can easily reach 20-30x multiplier and a single premium line would pay several thousand x stake, but it never happens.

So it obviously matters, atleast for Doa2.

Otherwise it would be 3 outcomes for DOA2 depending on which game i select, or 2 different outcomes if i selected the DHV or Lil devil, right?
Or it decides the outcome once you've selected whichever feature. Or it doesn't decide the outcome at all

If we had a time machine, we could tell and know! But this is slots, its' not so complicated. You get thrown a win and don't matter which feature you select really.

But cant the middle bonus have much more potential by throwing in wilds way more earlyer and have it from the constant wild lines?

Ive tried like 20x the max / high noon, but none of 'm really did something. I understand the volatility but this is getting kind of boring by now.

Hours and hours of pumping money, geezus.

But cant the middle bonus have much more potential by throwing in wilds way more earlyer and have it from the constant wild lines?

Ive tried like 20x the max / high noon, but none of 'm really did something. I understand the volatility but this is getting kind of boring by now.

Hours and hours of pumping money, geezus.
Even if you fill the screen with wilds in 3 spins (not possible to do it faster), you wont get more than 14 spins that each produce 2700x.
So the middle bonus cant come close to the 100 000x that the high noon is capped at.

I think most games where you choose how volatile your bonus is have different results.
Like Jungle spirit for example.
Full screen of tigers is a couple thousand x if i dont remember wrong.
I doubt you would get an endless stream of fullscreen snakes to make the same result if you had picked that one instead.

I think when you land the bonus, the game simulates the different bonuses, so the result may be predetermined, but still different for each of the bonuses.

Its not as clear cut as the Doa2 bonus, because in jungle spirit all the bonuses available can probably produce the same x-stake win. But i still think the outcomes are different depending on what you pick.

I think most games where you choose how volatile your bonus is have different results.
Like Jungle spirit for example.
Full screen of tigers is a couple thousand x if i dont remember wrong.
I doubt you would get an endless stream of fullscreen snakes to make the same result if you had picked that one instead.

I think when you land the bonus, the game simulates the different bonuses, so the result may be predetermined, but still different for each of the bonuses.

Its not as clear cut as the Doa2 bonus, because in jungle spirit all the bonuses available can probably produce the same x-stake win. But i still think the outcomes are different depending on what you pick.
Don’t pick bears, they’re rubbish.:p

This game has been gimped. 100%. When it was released x500 was a reasonable expectation but now they are like gold dust (probably rarer).

It is also a game that I think the result is the same whichever animal is chosen. The range in the symbol value is minimal and the grid is simple, therefore the same win choosing snakes instead of tigers, would just have more snakes in the hit, with the odd bits accounted for with lower symbols.

The other alternative is that if you choose snakes you have a greater chance of x50, whereas tigers you have a greater chance of x5 and an outside chance of x500 but not much in between. Personally, I don’t think it makes any difference, as nowadays whichever animal I choose, the result is absolute trash.

One thing is certain, the result is known prior to the spins commencing. I also think personally, that if providers offer different bonus rounds that they should be made to come clean and explain exactly how the rounds vary so the player is making an educated and informed choice. Having a line saying one is low volatility and the other high volatility is not sufficient. I need to know exactly how my bonus round is rigged.:laugh:

I hate lil devil for plungering through hours and hours of spins to be sacked off with x6 or so. That just kills any of the fun that's inside the game. But alot of BTG products are, where any wagering is required. The only game that did some good was MINT. that actually has a good expectation so far.

Like I said, it stands to reason with these token collecting games that the vast majority of bonus results will not cover the money spent trying to obtain them. That much is obvious as the game has to make a profit.

Being mindful of that is why I personally do not like that type of gimmick. I mean sure, we all know that applies anyway, all slots have to make a profit whether they have that feature or not. My problem with them is, they bring that point right to the fore and make you more aware of the fact.

It’s the same as buying a bonus in effect. People expect them to pay wonderfully well and hit great ones all the time but the stark reality is, bonus buying just speeds up the money losing cycle, as the rtp remains the same.

I hate lil devil for plungering through hours and hours of spins to be sacked off with x6 or so. That just kills any of the fun that's inside the game. But alot of BTG products are, where any wagering is required. The only game that did some good was MINT. that actually has a good expectation so far.

MINT?

I don't agree. Perhaps this is results based thinking. You have had more joy from mint than others?

For me lil devil has produced 14000x hits and danger 4000x on gates of hell.
Neither of those have been matched by the other option and I have played both games lots.
I tend to say lil devil is the best of the bunch as I've blinked quite a few 1000x plus hits on it.
So I have an affinity to it.

Realistically there is just no way to tell as you cant play both. I am free to try though if someone has a time machine as mentioned above. I'll sit there all day trying if needs be. :)

Lil devil is really not a good slot for me. I sometimes go duo on the game, to speed up the collecting of hearts, but it's boring as hell. Mint too obviously; but the result once hitting the extra feature was at least better for me then Lil devil. DOA2 is a different slot. This usually goes well for the first 10 to 20 minutes, before it falls completely dead. I often switch in between DOA1 and DOA2, but the netent games are'nt that fantastic either.

A slot is only as 'good' as our own personal successes on it.

I've had many a good bonus on games of yesteryear whose gameplay I'll remember fondly, but when looking at them again, balk at how I could have spent so much playing them!

Gamblers' objectivity is ALWAYS overshadowed by subjectivity and personal experience. People can tell me DOA 2 & Lil Devil are the greatest slots ever devised but from my experience they're rancid abominations from the puss-pit of Hades, and that those that chase those games are.....'misguided'

I also don't blame people hating White Rabbit (I revisited it again recently - the base game makes me want to gag with boredom) but my fantastically- unlikely bonuses I've had prior will always give it pride of place in my heart (sob)

Same as DOA 1, as mentioned it's been bonused 100s if not 1000s of times and hence a lot of my best slotting memories stem from there too.

So all this "Game x doesn't pay but game y does" is likely a comforting lie. Chances are turd-masters like LIL Devil or DHV can pay, it just depends on whether one wants to spend £££hundreds to find out.

Just don't go expecting long, satisfying gameplay trying to attain that :cool:

Last edited:
Yes quite, it will always be judged by personal results, it’s that simple. It does however depend on the maths model behind the game, that is the key and as we can only guess at it, we have to run the trial and error process, which ultimately determines the choices we make.

Yes quite, it will always be judged by personal results, it’s that simple. It does however depend on the maths model behind the game, that is the key and as we can only guess at it, we have to run the trial and error process, which ultimately determines the choices we make.
A maths model we will never get to the bottom of, because

a) it'd take 'Billions' of spins (cough)

b) Is so cleverly clever in its cleverness that it's shrouded in mystery

c) games today are gimped HV monstrosities that don't hold a candle to the higher-medium games of yesteryear!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back