CROWN VEGAS / SUNSET PALACE: insight into, and portrait of, an RTG casino manager

caruso

Banned User - repetitive violations of 1.6 - troll
I thought this deserved more prominent display.

Rick, manager of Crown Vegas / Sunset Palace, is looking to acquire player databases. In fact, he wants the whole nine yards: names, email addresses and PHONE NUMBERS.

He's soliciting this on the "Start Casino" board:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.


Choice quotes from Rick, when someone expressed their doubts about the morality - and legality? - of asking other casinos to hand over their players' PHONE NUMBERS (for f**k's sake):

I imagine that I make more in a day than you make in a year. So please keep your comments to yourself, loser. Cheers, Rick.
Why are you involved in this thread in the first place? This is an industry board, idiot. Nothing here concerns you, run along now.
This is the front man of two casinos of one of the four main software providers. In fact, Crown Vegas was, some time back, the only RTG casino featured at Casinomeister, if memory serves me correctly.

Rick, would you care to comment on your gross lack of professionalism? Soliciting this kind of invasion of players' privacy in the first place, then calling the poster who questioned the request an "idiot" and a "loser"?

He's a member here, to:

http://www.casinomeister.com/forums/member.php?u=4817)

Do RTG management condone this kind of thing? Is it even legal?

Originally mentioned in the Club Player thread:

http://www.casinomeister.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8948&page=2
 

unicorn40

Dormant account
Rick and Crown Vegas

What a nice and friendly attitude for a new casino owner to have. :eek:

I certainly won't be surprised to see numerous posts in the ONLINE CASINO COMPLAINTS forum about Crown Vegas and whatever other casino you own.

Great way to try to get new players, by buying data bases and then SPAMMING people. :rolleyes:

I now know at least one casino I won't ever try.
 

funeralparty

Dormant account
I see in Rick's profile that he mentions having over 10,000 happy customers.
I wonder how happy they would be knowing they are depositing with someone with the business sense of a 5 year old. Or maybe thats giving him too much credit.

Happy to report though that my Crown Vegas account has been locked for quite some time :thumbsup:
 

Casinomeister

Forum Cheermeister
Staff member
unicorn40 said:
What a nice and friendly attitude for a new casino owner to have. :eek:
Please don't confuse the owners with their managers :D
 

unicorn40

Dormant account
casinomeister said:
Please don't confuse the owners with their managers :D
Posted by Rick on the Start Casino forum:

I own a number of online casinos and other high volume businesses.
The full quote was this:

I'm sure that I know a little more than you about how this business is run as I own a number of online casinos and other high volume businesses. I imagine that I make more in a day than you make in a year. So please keep your comments to yourself loser.

Cheers
Rick
 

Casinomeister

Forum Cheermeister
Staff member
I know the owner - it ain't Rick :D

Somebody be spewing some serious BS here. Rick, did you just buy Crown Vegas?
 

jetset

RIP Brian
CAG
A few more choice quotes from these unsavoury folk:

From "Mike" - "And Coaster stop crying about Spam - I know people who make 10k easily daily"

From Rick: "Contact me discreetly, Rick at CrownVegas dot com."

From Rick: "I'm sure that I know a little more than you about how this business is run as I own a number of online casinos and other high volume businesses. I imagine that I make more in a day than you make in a year. So please keep your comments to yourself loser."

But the players had the last word in the sudden silence that followed Coaster's expose:

"It seems your 'tough guy, smart ass' responses are coming back to haunt you."
 

CrownVegas

Dormant account
Apologies

Hi everyone,

Just to clarify on what happened. Crownvegas.com recently switched administration. I currently operate it and we had some employee turnovers as well. An ex employee still had access to his email and was taking advantage of it. It's been taken care of, but under no circumstances are we encouraging that type of behavior. We're using traditional advertising and still looking for more, if anyone here has casino portal sites then feel free to contact me. Thanks,

Tony
tony@crownvegas.com
icq 272-017-313
 

greedygirl

Purveyor of Onions
An ex employee still had access to his email and was taking advantage of it.
If I had a dollar for everytime I've heard this excuse, I'd be busy planning my retirement.

Ok...so just who is this ex-employee? Is it Rick? Is it Mike? Is it Curly or Shemp?

Tony--do YOU own Crown Vegas or does Rick own Crown Vegas?

This all seems a bit slithery.
 

CrownVegas

Dormant account
greedygirl said:
If I had a dollar for everytime I've heard this excuse, I'd be busy planning my retirement.

Ok...so just who is this ex-employee? Is it Rick? Is it Mike? Is it Curly or Shemp?

Tony--do YOU own Crown Vegas or does Rick own Crown Vegas?

This all seems a bit slithery.
While it may not be believable to you, it's in fact true. While most our efforts have been concentrated in ensuring the smooth transaction, we've had a situation like this derail our progress. It's been taken care of right now and it will not happen again.

Crown Vegas/Sunset Palace were in fact sold, if you want to sign a NDA I can provide more details to you. We will be spending more money on advertising, we will be expanding our affiliate program, offering better incentives to affiliates and players, and overall providing a better experience for our casinos. As I've heard from many people, Casinomeister is a mostly unbiased forum and we respect everyone's opinion here. Look for us to be more proactive in ensuring everyone is happy here.
 

greedygirl

Purveyor of Onions
CV--

Thank you for the reply, however, you did not answer the key question, so I'll rephrase this for you:

Is Rick the ex-employee or is Mike the ex-employee?

It's a fair question, given each of these "gentlemen" were involved in this mess.
 

jetset

RIP Brian
CAG
There was a buzz (rumour) last week that there had been an ownership change. I thought that meant Rick was the new man on the block, God help us.

I guess it would he hoping for too much that this character leaves the industry before doing it any further damage, or has a major epiphany over this incident.

On the other hand he may just be a *****, which does rhyme with his name.
 

Vesuvio

Dormant account
CrownVegas said:
An ex employee still had access to his email and was taking advantage of it.
So "Rick@CrownVegas" who signed up here and posted the following is a rogue ex-employee :what:
Sunset Palace is a sister casino to Crown Vegas. Both are under new management, expect to see some exciting player offers and new games shortly.

Cheers
Rick
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
What exactly would be in it for him? A power trip? Is this the same rogue ex-employee who posted on start.casino forum? Where's the advantage in his using a CrownVegas e-mail address to solicit databases? Assuming things are as you say, then we have to also assume he's taken the existing CrownVegas database to use for his own ends? Something doesn't quite add up :rolleyes:
 

caruso

Banned User - repetitive violations of 1.6 - troll
Don't Gambling Federation have the copywrite on the "ex-employee" line?

Yep, those posts were all made here a grand total of three days ago (19th July), by Rick. That was some swift management change, taking a grand total of two days to accomplish.

Also, this "ex-employee" is the chosen representative on the Casinomeister forum for Crown Vegas / Sunset Palace. He clearly IS the "Rick" of the Start casino forum, because why sign up here under that name here, if not? Coincidence??

And tellingly: note when Rick made his initial post at Start Casino, and when he signed up at Casinomeister: 6th July. Coincidence??

Methinks this is not some lowly ex-employee.

The more credible explanation is that the manager of CV / SP is Rick, who recently took over the business, and who managed to get caught with his pants down while involved in shady business negotiations and is currently damage-limiting, in true online casino tradition.
 

caruso

Banned User - repetitive violations of 1.6 - troll
jetset said:
There was a buzz (rumour) last week that there had been an ownership change. I thought that meant Rick was the new man on the block
I will guess that you thought right.
 

CrownVegas

Dormant account
greedygirl said:
CV--

Thank you for the reply, however, you did not answer the key question, so I'll rephrase this for you:

Is Rick the ex-employee or is Mike the ex-employee?

It's a fair question, given each of these "gentlemen" were involved in this mess.
Mike does live help. Rick is an ex designer (former employee) that helped with banners and general design work who was the culprit. Actually, I'd like to thank whichever affiliate called in to let us know about the posting, his email might have been active a little longer had we not received the tip.
 

CrownVegas

Dormant account
caruso said:
Don't Gambling Federation have the copywrite on the "ex-employee" line?

Yep, those posts were all made here a grand total of three days ago (19th July), by Rick. That was some swift management change, taking a grand total of two days to accomplish.

Also, this "ex-employee" is the chosen representative on the Casinomeister forum for Crown Vegas / Sunset Palace. He clearly IS the "Rick" of the Start casino forum, because why sign up here under that name here, if not? Coincidence??

And tellingly: note when Rick made his initial post at Start Casino, and when he signed up at Casinomeister: 6th July. Coincidence??

Methinks this is not some lowly ex-employee.

The more credible explanation is that the manager of CV / SP is Rick, who recently took over the business, and who managed to get caught with his pants down while involved in shady business negotiations and is currently damage-limiting, in true online casino tradition.
The actual sale took months to finalize. The actual turnover was a couple of weeks ago, the same time Rick decided to signup and attempt to portray as if he was still working for us. The only thing I can do is explain our side of the story the truth. You can icq me and we can talk further, you can email me, whatever you'd like.
 

CrownVegas

Dormant account
Vesuvio said:
So "Rick@CrownVegas" who signed up here and posted the following is a rogue ex-employee :what:

What exactly would be in it for him? A power trip? Is this the same rogue ex-employee who posted on start.casino forum? Where's the advantage in his using a CrownVegas e-mail address to solicit databases? Assuming things are as you say, then we have to also assume he's taken the existing CrownVegas database to use for his own ends? Something doesn't quite add up :rolleyes:
ok, while I am not Rick so I can't justify his motivation I can only imagine he was looking to either ruin our reputation, or try screwing over people who gave him lists and then have the blame fall on us. Rick did not, will ever not, have access to CV's database, that's secure 100%. He did have access to his email account, that's about it.
 

greedygirl

Purveyor of Onions
Boy oh boy...this is going to turn into one big ugly can of worms, it appears.

Originally Posted by CrownVegas
The actual sale took months to finalize. The actual turnover was a couple of weeks ago, the same time Rick decided to signup and attempt to portray as if he was still working for us. The only thing I can do is explain our side of the story the truth.
I'd like to be certain I'm clear on this point--Rick was already gone two weeks ago, when he did this nonsense?

Before I go further, I want to be fair and give you a chance to be 100% sure that this is accurate.
 

CrownVegas

Dormant account
greedygirl said:
Boy oh boy...this is going to turn into one big ugly can of worms, it appears.



I'd like to be certain I'm clear on this point--Rick was already gone two weeks ago, when he did this nonsense?

Before I go further, I want to be fair and give you a chance to be 100% sure that this is accurate.
He was fired about 2-3 weeks ago, if you want an exact date, I will have to call our office manager and find out when was the last date he was technically working for us. He did crappy design work, I was pretty blunt about it, not happy with the banners etc..I appreciate it if everyone would be fair, it's not easy entering this industry and the reason I'm here clearing this all up is because I know how important all the details are to run a sucessful operation. The last thing we need is something like this pressing on. Like I said, I'm easy to reach, if you want to talk, I can even pm you a toll free line to reach me, icq, email, whatever you want. Although, I'd like to focus now on growing the actual casinos.
 
Top