Corona virus - Covid 19 discussion

because it isnt just about the death toll

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
It does seem that the lives of some patients who had recovered will never be the same again. Your immune system could be heavily damaged leading to all sorts of problems. This is the reason why I had hardly stepped foot outside my home for since January. After having a kidney removed during an operation in 2016 I experienced shortage of breath and excessive fatigue which I overcame after consuming pork soup lol. If I am infected by this virus I might as well post on this forum from heaven.

because it isnt just about the death toll

I keep trying to make this point but it seems to consistently fly under the radar.

The numbers aren't in in yet, this is a new disease, but it is becoming increasingly clear that a not insignificant minority of people suffer long term effects from Covid-19, and in people who were otherwise young and healthy before they got ill. (Current numbers are looking like 8-10%.)

We also knows that Covid attacks multiple organs in the body, in many cases leaving visible damage, that could also cause many problems further down the line.

If some folks want to 'roll the dice' as it were then fair enough, if it's just dice for themselves they're rolling, but the problem is they're not just having a gamble on their own health, they're having a gamble on the health of many other people too.

Like a drunk driver who thinks he can drive just fine after six pints of beer, there's a reason there's a law against him doing so.

That's true, cars should be banned too, everyone who's driving is risking others lives around and nothing had been done. People do get ill, people do get lifetime illnesses etc... Now due to one particular virus whole world should leave in bombshell to make sure that to avoid every single covid cases what ever it costs, does that really make sense?

Maybe all countries could have their referendums and then can stop shouting what other people can or can't do because i that's how i personally think? If some just decide to stay home and not go outside, it's very small risk that some unknown person spread covid to you i guess. If you still wanna risk your life and go outside have a walk, do your shoppings, go to work etc... and keep distances to people, not cough to anyone and follow recommended safety instructions, you still are counted as person who have blood in his hands and spreading virus to others and only care about yourself? Same goes pretty much other way, whole world should lockdown and stop living because i want to be safe?

What would that long term solution be? Let's lockdown for few months to get covid infections down and then open for few months and back to loop again, how many these virology experts forecast that covid disappears this way itself?

It keep stated that everyone can't chose to lockdown themselves even they wish, dunno why, if you are seriously worried you just spend all your savings and buy food and essentials and stay home, if you lose your job, it's small thing compare to lose your life if all what matters is to stay covid safe. Don't know how constructive it is to blame all who are not wishing to lockdown to homes for next 6 months to be bad and evil like EU who just try to make UK life hard, maybe these people would need to work and do some essential things even knowing that there is small chance to get infected, not sure how much it helps to fins all worse case scenarios from "experts" and keep repeating that we all gonna die if we don't stop living and stay home.

I’m becoming increasingly concerned that this thread may start to grow bigger than the bonanza thread.

There is no way a global pandemic should be more of a talking point than the worlds greatest slot.

As a result I am working on a bonanza track and trace app that when released I thoroughly recommend that you all sign up to.

It’s not a legal requirement but will enable us to gather stats about whether or not the fabled 14,000X hit was indeed a genuine monster.

In the mean time get rowing and report your findings over at the bonanza thread which needs to hold and maintain its crown as the most talked about subject on the forum.

I will notify you all when my ‘Bonan Track’ app is launched.

Good luck all and thank you for your time.

The numbers aren't in in yet, this is a new disease, but it is becoming increasingly clear that a not insignificant minority of people suffer long term effects from Covid-19, and in people who were otherwise young and healthy before they got ill. (Current numbers are looking like 8-10%.)

Any links to substantiate these numbers?

It's odd how as the death rate plunges more mention of these long term effects occurs on twitter&msm- if I wasn't cynical it looks like an attempt to justify lockdown measures.

Any links to substantiate these numbers?

Some links below, more reporting in the current issue of Private Eye too.

The numbers aren't firm yet, as I said, this is a new disease, but it is absolutely clear that a great many people simply do not 'get over it' and get back to normal like they do after the flu, for example.

1600942316249.png

1600942437131.png

1600942496211.png

And Sweden there are more people reporting to have these long term effects than there were tested positives. It's true that it's unknown for long term and will be for next few years before you can know anything about long term effects. 4-8 weeks is something what people do get from seasonal influenza, pneumonia etc... to recover.

What would be that suggestion what we should do that we don't kill all other people around? Wait that few years until we have some knowledge about these long term effects? These been also mostly been for people who get covid really hard (which now seem to be minority of people), these who get it really mild that wouldn't notice it without tests this amount seem to be really small who get anything for even that few weeks which is now categorized as long term.

Still would like to hear what is that only right thing to do now when clearly we should somehow panic and ignore everything else than covid cause health issues, but with few simple lines, what exactly people should do? Scientist and experts don't know and have really different opinions, but if here all who go out are killing others and only care about themselves, would be cool to hear what good people should do for now?

Private eye is discussing/reporting long covid? interesting :cool: on top of being remainers...how very establishment they've become. [:p]

It wouldn't surprise me if hospitalised there could be complications from the severity afterwards, but the supposedly thousands the govt say are positive cases now, 10% would be huge, if there are 4,000 odd cases a day [6000 yesterday, 600 with long covid?]

I've had viruses [untreated] before that have affected my lungs for months afterwards, until they gradually repair, would also be relevant if these long covid patients had been given any medicine like a steroid to stop inflammation. [remdesivir was also mentioned in that fr24 article as an anti viral, to cut the viral load]

It was also mentioned somewhere that the social distancing/masks may mean people affected have a smaller viral load, as opposed to somebody infected being up close and coughing on you resulting in a bigger starting load.

Private eye is discussing/reporting long covid? interesting :cool: on top of being remainers...how very establishment they've become. [:p]

Maybe finally that source we should agree is right in everything and we don't need to make our own guesses anymore? I'm happy to see all kind of facts and stand corrected when wrong, but now ie. these long term illnesses at the moment are really just something what people reporting, most of them been not analyzed almost at all how much these are cause of covid and how bad it have been etc...

In Finland there are at least few sad cases where people been long term covid sick since March, no positive test result yet found... If spreading virus is so huge risk for people health, why in anywhere in the world people are let to meet each others even in small groups? That don't really make sense if covid+long term effects are so band and dangerous like pointed out (without too much facts, people reporting their illnesses is still quite far from proven fact that even 10% of people would get them bad, hard or what so ever). Think most of these famos people, including PM of UK, haven't got really badly sick, it's been also tested positive for hundreds of different sport professionals, haven't read single of them would have been forced to stop their career due this.

These people who report temselves that they have long term covid symptoms is not really reliable source, for sure people do get them, but wouldn't use these self found cases when estimating amounts or severity of these. Few weeks is not same than rest of life as well.

I believe there's a similar post.
Point though..I dont get it, I really dont
Be practical? Of course, a few cases of water, maybe a couple extra frozen products, like any normal scenario with some uncertainty.

It's like..I have an emergency flashlight and a pack of spare batteries.
I dont need a store's worth of batteries because others need flashlights too

About time too. Problem is the selfish few with no regard for others that spoil it for everybody else.

And so because they won't do it off their own backs they have to be monitored like children. Though these 'types' will always find a workaround......expect the shelves to be as barren as before

Researchers running Helsinki pilot scheme say dogs can identify virus in seconds

This sound handy, cost effective and fast at airports etc.. if they are accurate as this article says. These nose tests accuracy is not really great but for doggies shouldn't matter where in body that virus could be found at different stages if they just smell it.

This sound handy, cost effective and fast at airports etc.. if they are accurate as this article says. These nose tests accuracy is not really great but for doggies shouldn't matter where in body that virus could be found at different stages if they just smell it.
I'm torn
Yeah, fantastic if it's accurate and efficient, but also, some heartstrings for the dogs

Belgium announced a loosening of coronavirus restrictions on Wednesday, despite the country's rising infection rate.

"For this reason, we must remain vigilant. The corona pandemic is not over yet. This is the situation. The virus is not going away, but life must restart eventually."

I’m becoming increasingly concerned that this thread may start to grow bigger than the bonanza thread.

There is no way a global pandemic should be more of a talking point than the worlds greatest slot.

As a result I am working on a bonanza track and trace app that when released I thoroughly recommend that you all sign up to.

It’s not a legal requirement but will enable us to gather stats about whether or not the fabled 14,000X hit was indeed a genuine monster.

In the mean time get rowing and report your findings over at the bonanza thread which needs to hold and maintain its crown as the most talked about subject on the forum.

I will notify you all when my ‘Bonan Track’ app is launched.

Good luck all and thank you for your time.
I have it on very good authority that BTG have authorized their newly developed Pharmaceutical arm to speed up the development of their Bonanza vaccine which will become mandatory prior to entering the Bonanza slot.
It will include a golden D chip which will make you immune from any harm done to your wallet or psyche from playing the slot.
They expect take up of this vaccine to be somewhere in the region of between 89% and 96.8% depending on where you deposit.
Nut Nut has been promised to not be given the placebo during the trials of which he has volunteered to be at the forefront of

We now have that much-touted 'world-class' Track & Trace time as businesses look to separate the wheat from the chaff! Expect it to be the mainstay of the New Normal as even hermits sweat profusely when popping off to buy a paper from their local offy

Just be sure to have the latest tech so that no man is left behind, and pray the app's algorithms don't emit a big, raucous

"1601044686174.png"

Kind of resigned to fact that whatever the truths or falacies surrounding the virus are,I am going to be stuck
with the effects for the rest of my life,not had it yet touch wood but the financial cost is going to come home
roost eventually,the way its going it will take a generation to repay that.

Going through a hard time at the moment, the wife is seriously ill in hospital and I cant even take anything
for her let alone see her.She is too ill to be able talk on the phone.If it gets to end of life stage I will be able
to see her at the hospitals discrection.Horrible for both of us, not going to forget this year in a hurry

Kind of resigned to fact that whatever the truths or falacies surrounding the virus are,I am going to be stuck
with the effects for the rest of my life,not had it yet touch wood but the financial cost is going to come home

Going through a hard time at the moment, the wife is seriously ill in hospital and I cant even take anything
for her let alone see her.She is too ill to be able talk on the phone.If it gets to end of life stage I will be able
to see her at the hospitals discrection.Horrible for both of us, not going to forget this year in a hurry
So sorry to hear that Shadow. My thoughts to you,your wife and your loved ones

best wishes to you and your loved ones :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back