Corona virus - Covid 19 discussion

Did you go to the vet to have your snake checked?

Old Attachment (Invalid)

i know you said its your partners snake, but it does not have quite the same ring to it.
No

It was my pussy

tenor.gif

Not seen anything recent about the economy, but a while back i saw some articles saying our economy got hit almost as hard as the countries that had a lockdown.
I dont remember all the reasons listed, but i think tourism,travel&import/export was part of it.

Watched this CNN video on Sweden economy back in July.

Watched this CNN video on Sweden economy back in July.

Yeah, makes sense.
We will have to see if going forward maybe staying open will show some advantages like increased immunity so we will maybe have a milder second wave compared to countries who stayed locked down.
If the graph that dealer posted is accurate, we had our peak in July and its been going down since then.

I mean, we have 10x the cases Finland has, but only twice the population size, so i wont pretend Sweden has done anything right.
Now we just need to figure out if Finlands low numbers are vodka or sauna related before the next wave swings around.

I believe that summer and alcohol consumption have helped a lot, hope it's going to be like this that IFR and people who need hospital care remains really low as it is at the moment (these numbers 7 days old)

Estimation:

0-19 years: 0.00003
20-49 years: 0.0002
50-69 years: 0.005
70+ years: 0.054

Scenario 1-2

0-19 years: 0.00002
20-49 years: 0.00007
50-69 years: 0.0025
70+ years: 0.028

Scenario 3-4

0-19 years: 0.0001
20-49 years: 0.0003
50-69 years: 0.010
70+ years: 0.093

Percent that die among those hospitalized. Includes both non-ICU and ICU admissions

18-49 years: 2.4%

50-64 years: 10.0%

≥65 years: 26.6%

Also some other stats and explanations for these scenarios etc...

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Like wrote earlier, with these numbers we probably start to be really near (or my guess is that we have passed line already but don't want to underestimate pandemic and we all have our own opinions, even from these numbers and mine is not better than anyone else) to make more damage to people with some really strict restrictions which put people in big financial troubles, keep kids out from learning and risk that they get "excluded" from "normal" society and start to do some stupid things grows, loads of other medical threatments, operations etc... get postponed because of Covid taking so much resources (which are not in high use atm), been reported that people have mental health issues which is quite normal when you really are worried how you ever manage to get back in track with your mortgage or other things without job and that there are very few if restrictions are strict and also some (thanks for everyday shocking news where who ever is qualified to be expert who just can paint it black as possible) who read everyday how bad situation can get and picture that most of population is in danger to die.

This ain't gonna go away itself for while, wouldn't bet that actually working vaccine would be available within month or something (and then of course how long it takes to get for enough people when it naturally given to risk groups and key health employees etc...). I just don't see that another half a year with huge limitations of all people is right answer we are looking. Risk groups also are quite well known already, they should be kept safe when they want to and any other people who feel that it's better still to be in lockdown, can do it and it's perfectly ok. I just honestly don't find from these numbers reason to limit whole nations in majority of countries.

Living in Malta where we seem to have quite many cases, i'm happy to see that number of deaths haven't grown much from spring, population here is bit over 500k, now summer is exceptional as here are at least 70% less plains with tourists coming so keeping distances etc.. is easy enough. Not spending much time in pubs anyway even what situation is but not being working from home anymore (get bit boring just to speak with yourself too many months), seeing friends at dinner etc... And i don't feel that i'm bad person because i just don't stay home alone anymore after enough many months :)

Edit: Couldn't add picture about Malta situation from yesterday as it was too big and i'm hopeless with fixing them so here it is by numbers:

16th of September:
New cases: 106
Active cases: 591
Total cases: 2560
New recoveries: 22
Total recoveries: 1953
Total deaths: 14

Tests last 24h: 2470
Total tests: 221 162

Most of yesterdays cases are traced to clusters, family members or who have been in direct contact in work etc...

Last edited:
Iv gave up following this crap; 6, 4, in a garden, outside of the garden allowed if you’ve one foot in the house etc.

Seem some articles about how X amount of ‘illegal’ house parties have been broken up as if it was some sort of thing for them to brag about. Christ.
I live in one of the areas that is supposedly hit the hardest by this "spike" in cases. I know that many kids are abusing the situation to stay off school and hang out with friends. I also know that locally there has been a rapid rise in the amount of tests done which in turn produces more positive cases. Most appear to have no symptoms.
Time to get back to normality and let those vulnerable take reasonable precautions

Edit. And let the young do what the young have always done. Go party and meet up with new people where they find partners and new friends and make plans for their future instead of sitting home getting depressed and lonely

Last edited:
Could be worse, you could all live in the North East of England. Didn't post on here about it last night in case it was shite and didn't want to look stoopid, but turns out, unfortunately, out council leaders are muppets.
See gods country of the north east (Middlesbrough) have avoided any further measures as they have reliable, sensible and great people like me living here :)

I believe that summer and alcohol consumption have helped a lot, hope it's going to be like this that IFR and people who need hospital care remains really low as it is at the moment (these numbers 7 days old)

Estimation:

Scenario 1-2

Scenario 3-4

Percent that die among those hospitalized. Includes both non-ICU and ICU admissions

Also some other stats and explanations for these scenarios etc...

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Like wrote earlier, with these numbers we probably start to be really near (or my guess is that we have passed line already but don't want to underestimate pandemic and we all have our own opinions, even from these numbers and mine is not better than anyone else) to make more damage to people with some really strict restrictions which put people in big financial troubles, keep kids out from learning and risk that they get "excluded" from "normal" society and start to do some stupid things grows, loads of other medical threatments, operations etc... get postponed because of Covid taking so much resources (which are not in high use atm), been reported that people have mental health issues which is quite normal when you really are worried how you ever manage to get back in track with your mortgage or other things without job and that there are very few if restrictions are strict and also some (thanks for everyday shocking news where who ever is qualified to be expert who just can paint it black as possible) who read everyday how bad situation can get and picture that most of population is in danger to die.

This ain't gonna go away itself for while, wouldn't bet that actually working vaccine would be available within month or something (and then of course how long it takes to get for enough people when it naturally given to risk groups and key health employees etc...). I just don't see that another half a year with huge limitations of all people is right answer we are looking. Risk groups also are quite well known already, they should be kept safe when they want to and any other people who feel that it's better still to be in lockdown, can do it and it's perfectly ok. I just honestly don't find from these numbers reason to limit whole nations in majority of countries.

Living in Malta where we seem to have quite many cases, i'm happy to see that number of deaths haven't grown much from spring, population here is bit over 500k, now summer is exceptional as here are at least 70% less plains with tourists coming so keeping distances etc.. is easy enough. Not spending much time in pubs anyway even what situation is but not being working from home anymore (get bit boring just to speak with yourself too many months), seeing friends at dinner etc... And i don't feel that i'm bad person because i just don't stay home alone anymore after enough many months :)

Edit: Couldn't add picture about Malta situation from yesterday as it was too big and i'm hopeless with fixing them so here it is by numbers:

16th of September:
New cases: 106
Active cases: 591
Total cases: 2560
New recoveries: 22
Total recoveries: 1953
Total deaths: 14

Tests last 24h: 2470
Total tests: 221 162

Most of yesterdays cases are traced to clusters, family members or who have been in direct contact in work etc...

Hospitalisations and deaths are (slowly) rising again as expected. The fact we (I'm talking Belgium, don't know how it is in other countries but assuming) have 10 times the testing capacity just means we don't only reveal the worst cases but also have a conclusive test on milder cases which were just told to "stay home and quarantine for 10 days" back in spring but were never tested for antibodies afterwards either.

Basically the numbers we see now we would've more or less seen back then too. The worst happened amongst the elderly population in elderly homes, let's hope it can be kept out of there this autumn and winter...

Been listening to talk radio today in the background. Nice to see presenter after presenter tearing into the government over new lockdown and group of 6 BS, and talk radio is not a left leaning station.

The government have absolutely lost the plot completely on covid. We need to get everything open and be given back all our basic freedoms, and now!!!

Think Government and councils are doing a great job.

The rule of 6 is a masterpiece. And North of England have hit the nail on the head. Shut all pubs at 10 and that will stop virus spreading.

I knew bats that they think it came from are Nocturnal never new the virus was.

Up here in Scotland Sturgeon is on top form as well. Now that she has Partial lockdown in Glasgow she is saying cases should drop now. Well up the North of Glasgow where i am noone seems to be listening, people visiting homes. Most people walking around in groups. Very few people wearing masks in shops but then again the shopkeepers don't either. But in her mind most people are following rules.

But then againit is all down to the fantastic science. That science that says rule of 6 and that virus is spreading in houses in Glasgow hence lockdown. Yet in Lothian where cases are shooting up the sciemce says no particular reason why so no need to lockdown.

Oh and one person died in Hospital. By my reckoning with a population of over 5 million their must be anaverage of 150 deaths a day every day for various reasons. So wonder how many die a day from cancer etc. and now that they are not getting treatment required what the death rate will be in a couple of years.

I love science.

And if anyone wants things put into perspective .

It is a well known fact that Cancer survival rate increases the quicker it is detected.

Yet at moment no Routine Smears and screening. People not getting treatment they need. People not seeing Doctors and Urgent referrals delayed. It's life and i understand precautions does not help when people are stressed out and awaiting Urgent things like Ultrasounds. Yeah i will get it when i get it lol.

But with the screening early treatments etc. in the UK There are around 165,000 cancer deaths in the UK every year, that's around 450 every day (2015-2017). Cancer accounts for more than a quarter (28%) of all deaths in the UK (2017).

Yet Coronavirus is coming before that. Does not take a genius to work out that in a few years more people in the UK will have died from cancer that could have been treated if they had been diagnosed early and received treatment they needed than will actually have died from the virus.

I hear ya, not even an hr ago Dr phoned, again (for like, the 5th time) putting off my physical appt I made back in March with 'no idea' when next appt will be set

If something had to be detected 6 mon back, im screwed

I hear ya, not even an hr ago Dr phoned, again (for like, the 5th time) putting off my physical appt I made back in March with 'no idea' when next appt will be set

I know. I know you kind of agree with the restrictions as it is meant to be a bad virus. I sort of accepted restrictions at first. But we are talking 6 months now and by the looks of it probably at least another 6 months.

Surely it must be a priority to make sure all other conditions get the same level of attention as the virus.

As it is not scaremongering to say the numbers that will die in the end from other diseases will outnumber the actual virus deaths.

Anyway lets hope you get appointment soon and everything is okay. Think i am just pissed of as meant to be back at hospital in less than a fortnight but they need me to have the ultrasound first which was meant to be urgent. Fact i still haven't had appointment for it makes me think very unlikely i will get it before then.

Maybe once it's done i can chill:laugh:

I had a torn bicep that happened in November at work.

Referred to a consultant regarding getting it operated on in April this year, was cancelled due to this.

never heard a word back since and been on painkillers since, luckily or not I ain’t been in a lot of work since Covid so don’t need to be taking the meds.

I’ve no date of a referral and they can’t tell me when I’ll be seen to be fixed... bearing in mind I’m given enough codeine and naproxen monthly to put a horse down it’s a disgrace, addictive opiates and all just signed off due to this Covid nonsense.

I’m sorry for anyone whom has lost anyone, I really am... but what about cancer patients? Strokes?.. lumps? pain issues like mine perhaps?..

how about arthritis sufferers? That can be aweful, and I’ll not even get into the mental side of medicine...

Covid is a utter disgrace and how it’s been dealt with in the U.K. is shameful...

we have no pandemic, just folks losing there health, families and mind...

End this madness, notice wuhan is doing just great...
Gotta love innocent communist China...

I keep saying, we are borrowing billions and billions of pounds at the moment, and we already owe over 2 TRILLION, and were borrowing money every month even before covid arrived.

This cannot continue, it will literally come crashing down soon, and we wont have an NHS, or any sort of civil society, and when that day comes, it will come overnight and will be a catastrophe.

I had a torn bicep that happened in November at work.

Referred to a consultant regarding getting it operated on in April this year, was cancelled due to this.

never heard a word back since and been on painkillers since, luckily or not I ain’t been in a lot of work since Covid so don’t need to be taking the meds.

I’ve no date of a referral and they can’t tell me when I’ll be seen to be fixed... bearing in mind I’m given enough codeine and naproxen monthly to put a horse down it’s a disgrace, addictive opiates and all just signed off due to this Covid nonsense.

I’m sorry for anyone whom has lost anyone, I really am... but what about cancer patients? Strokes?.. lumps? pain issues like mine perhaps?..

how about arthritis sufferers? That can be aweful, and I’ll not even get into the mental side of medicine...

Covid is a utter disgrace and how it’s been dealt with in the U.K. is shameful...

we have no pandemic, just folks losing there health, families and mind...

End this madness, notice wuhan is doing just great...
Gotta love innocent communist China...
Been there (not the bicep tho).
Was your arm as blue&purple as i imagine it? :p

Tore a muscle in my leg playing sportsball when i was 20 or 21.
Whole leg turned a nice purple blueish color.

My left arm is useless, it can do nothing that the right arm cant do.
If i had another right arm instead of this useless left arm thats just hanging there doing f*ckall i would be unstoppable.

So if anyone is left handed and want to swap im up for it.
Mine comes with some built in freckles, wich will make you absorb vitamin d quicker.
Other than that, its useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back