Corona virus - Covid 19 discussion

My grandson gets his flu shot this week at school. Glad school is open or he may not have got it.
are chools generally the only place to get them there? here, it's susually the corner pharmacy

are chools generally the only place to get them there? here, it's susually the corner pharamacy

No way a pharmacy could cope with too many vaccinations. They do them here at pharmacies but some people have to pay some don't. At school its easy they are all there already and far more will get the shot which is what you need. The more that get the shot the less to catch it and spread it.

No way a pharmacy could cope with too many vaccinations. They do them here at pharmacies but some people have to pay some don't. At school its easy they are all there already and far more will get the shot which is what you need. The more that get the shot the less to catch it and spread it.
Ok, cool. Just asking. I honestly dont know how other countries do it. I remember school is where I always got yearly boosters or vaccinations but since then, it (flu shot) was always something you just got at the Shopper's Drug Mart here if you wanted one.

Come to think of it; I think we also had 'flu tents'? Like, stns around hospitals you could get them too; truly not all that certain on it. I've never gotten one and mom gets them at work.
I know doctor's offices do them too.

But forever see the pharmacy signs for them.

It's the nasal spray in schools isn't it?
@dionysus it's only recently they have started doing them in schools, for adults, its doctors or chemists.

Great idea by the government here.

Report your neighbour's and phone the police if you see people in groups of more than 6. Can imagine amount of phone calls police will be getting from all the sad people.

Good news if you want to commit a real crime. Already stretched police will be all tied up with all the calls about more than 6 people in a house.

And why 6 you may ask. As science says that's the number. Talk about not having a bloody clue.

Great idea by the government here.

Report your neighbour's and phone the police if you see people in groups of more than 6. Can imagine amount of phone calls police will be getting from all the sad people.

Good news if you want to commit a real crime. Already stretched police will be all tied up with all the calls about more than 6 people in a house.

And why 6 you may ask. As science says that's the number. Talk about not having a bloody clue.

That would be heaven in Finland where is it's obligation to watch your after neighbours doings more than your owns. Now you can only make angry posts to social media when some irresponsible people gathering or only had 94cm safe distance but get approval to report these to police office would be paradise for many (with same call you could also just for sure report everything else your neighbour possibly have done within last 5 years).

These STASI style "report your neighbour" practices haven't been so much fashion in western countries iwth human rights, would be nice to try from long time how it goes when you can anonymously report people, maybe there in UK you could add that someone is remainer activitst and get him/her harder penalties or something cool, these should always have some political twist if you can anonymously report people.

Never normally one to post newspaper stories online.

But thought since Dionysus is having a field say with them lol i would post link to one i read. Could be a lot of crap but it sums up what a lot of people feel about Cornavirus and the harm trying to protect from it is actually doing.

Also unrelated to the article here is another point of mine. Flu is also a great killer hence the rason they give so many vaccinations against it. It is September now. Flu jags should be starting. Doctors surgeries still basically closed and jags are going to be massively late. Just imagine the damage a serious outbreak of normal flu could do this year.

But again not important as Coronavirus is the be all and end all.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
The article is spot on. Reading the comments section under "best rated" is quite telling too.

Just in case anyone was in any doubt as to what Covid has done over the last six months, here's some data on excess deaths. This data shows the clear difference between expected deaths and actual deaths, it doesnt matter what the cause of death recorded is, it just looks at data.
For anyone to believe that lockdown didnt work, or that Covid was just a flu, how come there is such a spike?

Just in case anyone was in any doubt as to what Covid has done over the last six months, here's some data on excess deaths. This data shows the clear difference between expected deaths and actual deaths, it doesnt matter what the cause of death recorded is, it just looks at data.
For anyone to believe that lockdown didnt work, or that Covid was just a flu, how come there is such a spike?

And wait and see what the excess deaths over the next few years rise to . When all the people not getting diagnosed and treated for illnesses like cancer , heart disease etc. Not including the deaths that will come from depression etc.

You do know that a bad flu season causes about 40,000 more deaths than normal. A bad winter with minus temperatures for weeks on end also causes a huge increase in deaths by elderly. How many people died across Europe due to the heatwave a few years ago. Thousands and yet again mostly elderly.

In April this country was having a thousand deaths a day. Cases have been soaring for weeks now yet deaths are very few. And even then the deaths could be from patients that have been in Hospitals for months.

From a personal point of view this utter farce has put me into debt in a way that itll take at least 4 years to clear.

im all for protecting the people but it’s not that, the lockdown in the U.K. was to avoid the nhs being swapped (which it wasn’t at all) not even close.

come October when furlough ends and Millions have no jobs then what? Families with bills and kids...

hardly any jobs out there as it is, is it worth it for a virus less deadly than a dino tongue lashing (joke) think not.

this 6 person piffle alone shows how utterly idiotic this is.

stcuk to all they asked, even the masks...

enough is enough now, foil hat aside this ain’t about the Chinese flu.

This grahp from WHO was today in Finnish paper, red are amount of cases and black line is deaths (in whole Europe) which can suggest that mortality rate have come really low compare to spring. Finnish health guy who have been giving interviews about this said that Corona at the moment is not what it looked at spring (which this graph supports). Spain was used as example, spring time when Corona did hit hard, 47% of infected needed hospital care, now same number is 4% and also that even there is no exact magic medicine, health care have learnt how to threat and cure infected people better. Mortality rate is much over 1% there at the moment.

Like Ben mentioned above, it just don't make things better to introduce some new lockdown and extreme strict rules. People really start to get loads of other problems when losing jobs, getting mental problems, some "normal" hospital threatment is delayed a lot when so much resources are reserved for Corona.

There really is no that valid reason to make people lives more miserable with lockdowns or other extreme rules but let these people try to live normally who are willing to. All still have choice to stay home and avoid all possible contacts, that's been allowed all the time, now would be time that all make personal risk assessments and follow them (of course think about other people around and keep distances etc... easy things when ever possible). Also risk groups like elderly people, all who don't have many years left, don't wanna spend them alone without seeing their loved ones but rather take that quite small risk what there exist at the moment.

There are loads of things which are unknown about this virus but there are others as well which can cause some long term harm, but it's really hard to see valid point at the moment to force all to follow some strict rules and lockdowns when it start to feel that majority would like to try to get back to somehow normal world and have a job etc...

Hope everyone here are doing well.

1600157491902.png

Totally dismissing corona as a threat cooking with playford, and sox when she can be arsed to get involved.

Fridge freezer was low, for some salmon fillets, sesame covered on the skin.

Just generic home grown potatoes, done in a tad of butter and mint.

Green beans from my own garden done in butter and a hint of garlic.

Salad sadly from a box that needed using up.

Oh and peas, from the playford garden of wonders and merriment.

Topped with a lemon, tarragon and parsley sauce, some garlic granted.

And a fine over cooked bread roll.

Best wishes off to eat folks 85FEE803-98E9-4FF1-8BA2-415A17C2CC70.jpeg36DE81FB-96A9-4262-9243-CA61B313B5B4.jpeg

5EA874F8-746D-44B7-94D2-AC017A55BD5C.jpegJust a brief follow up to my above post of culinary perfection, tad tired so sorted Sox’s bed out on the sofa as she prefers it there when it’s humid.

Washed a few dishes and went to bed..

Sox decided its better we are both boiling tonight so took residence on my bed looking cute.

Sox 1- 0 dad

Totally dismissing corona as a threat cooking with playford, and sox when she can be arsed to get involved.

Fridge freezer was low, for some salmon fillets, sesame covered on the skin.

Just generic home grown potatoes, done in a tad of butter and mint.

Green beans from my own garden done in butter and a hint of garlic.

Salad sadly from a box that needed using up.

Oh and peas, from the playford garden of wonders and merriment.

Topped with a lemon, tarragon and parsley sauce, some garlic granted.

And a fine over cooked bread roll.

Best wishes off to eat folks View attachment 141733View attachment 141734
Homegrown potatoes are great tho.
So much better than store-grown potatoes. :)

22.jpg

Hmmm Sweden v the world. I would say its 6-0 to Sweden. First goal no lockdown, 2nd goal no trashed economy, 3rd goal proved right, 4th goal no severe backlog of cancer and other critical care issues. 5th goal no mental and addiction issues resulting from citizens being under house arrest. 6th goal very strong signs of herd immunity.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 09-16-20 at 10.08 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 09-16-20 at 10.08 PM.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 10
Hmmm Sweden v the world. I would say its 6-0 to Sweden. First goal no lockdown, 2nd goal no trashed economy, 3rd goal proved right, 4th goal no severe backlog of cancer and other critical care issues. 5th goal no mental and addiction issues resulting from citizens being under house arrest. 6th goal very strong signs of herd immunity.
Not seen anything recent about the economy, but a while back i saw some articles saying our economy got hit almost as hard as the countries that had a lockdown.
I dont remember all the reasons listed, but i think tourism,travel&import/export was part of it.

Last edited:
It's ludicrous, the whole crisis-management aspect alone of this virus, but worse is seeing people's visible confusion when actually out and about, away from the political peackocking of our nations' leaders.

Partner flashes a message on her phone stating she's exempt from wearing a mask, no one bats an eyelid, usually to the chorus of "Oh....ok!"

I throw her some shade and proceed to actually wear a mask

I don't wholly object to donning a rag to my face for a couple of minutes here and there, like at the vet's today + cab, annoying, but no harm done end of the day, it gets shit done

What IS annoying is seeing Joe Public and staff/ shopkeepers show mixed messages, it seems like a bit of a free-for-all, not really a 'combined' effort, is it :laugh:

And even more grating is the effect on public services, THAT's where everyone's got themselves in a flap, running around like scared sheep when some common sense would be useful.

Like a small thing like the vets, open FOUR HOURS A DAY with appointment wait times of over a week, and there's countless other examples one could cite! Gym staff dicking around without a care in the world etc.....so if they don't care, why should anyone else? Is anyone remotely interested in adhering to a team effort? I think not, it seems each man for himself

On the plus side, the vet was extremely fit, I got to give my eyes a treat when I was drooling beneath my mask. Just as well my partner wasn't there to see that state of affairs! In fact I'm not even sure what the vet was saying in the end, but I'm sure it was interesting

It's ludicrous, the whole crisis-management aspect alone of this virus, but worse is seeing people's visible confusion when actually out and about, away from the political peackocking of our nations' leaders.

Partner flashes a message on her phone stating she's exempt from wearing a mask, no one bats an eyelid, usually to the chorus of "Oh....ok!"

I throw her some shade and proceed to actually wear a mask

I don't wholly object to donning a rag to my face for a couple of minutes here and there, like at the vet's today + cab, annoying, but no harm done end of the day, it gets shit done

What IS annoying is seeing Joe Public and staff/ shopkeepers show mixed messages, it seems like a bit of a free-for-all, not really a 'combined' effort, is it :laugh:

And even more grating is the effect on public services, THAT's where everyone's got themselves in a flap, running around like scared sheep when some common sense would be useful.

Like a small thing like the vets, open FOUR HOURS A DAY with appointment wait times of over a week, and there's countless other examples one could cite! Gym staff dicking around without a care in the world etc.....so if they don't care, why should anyone else? Is anyone remotely interested in adhering to a team effort? I think not, it seems each man for himself

On the plus side, the vet was extremely fit, I got to give my eyes a treat when I was drooling beneath my mask. Just as well my partner wasn't there to see that state of affairs! In fact I'm not even sure what the vet was saying in the end, but I'm sure it was interesting
Did you go to the vet to have your snake checked?

Old Attachment (Invalid)

i know you said its your partners snake, but it does not have quite the same ring to it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back