Corona virus - Covid 19 discussion

" Grizzly bears have been clocked running up to 35 miles per hour. "

" Although capable of limited flight, it spends most of its time on the ground, and can run at speeds up to 32 km/h (20 mph). Cases where roadrunners have run as fast as 42 km/h (26 mph) have been reported. "

Ill give you a head start.

Nah, I'll have my coffee first, I'll catch up ;)

Meanwhile in Australia as a second wave of the virus hits Victoria with 216 new cases today :eek2:
Also a man tested positive of the virus while after attending a pub in Sydney so it won't be long before we are going back to the start of full lock-down again.

My daughter whom I haven't seen for over a year lives in Victoria and I don't know how long before I get to see her again as the border is closed for who knows how long :(

A number of people were ignoring social distancing and not really caring, those are the ones that made it bad for everyone else. It angers me but was expected.

I'll just have another coffee, Good morning from AU :D
I hope your daughter is ok, Mina.

Unfortunately this wretched second wave has also put a lot of Xmas reunions at risk, so I probably won't be getting to see my family in the near future either.

And guess what - stock piling panic has begun anew as well with the usual suspects such as TP, Rice, Pasta, tinned veg, etc. Already starting to see the effects of that up here on the Mid North Coast.

When will people start behaving rationally again?

Unfortunately this wretched second wave has also put a lot of Xmas reunions at risk, so I probably won't be getting to see my family in the near future either.

And guess what - stock piling panic has begun anew as well with the usual suspects such as TP, Rice, Pasta, tinned veg, etc. Already starting to see the effects of that up here on the Mid North Coast.

It's only July! 5 and a half more months to go before Christmas...

I don't think the govt are going to prohibit Christmas gatherings, rather ask to keep them as small as possible. But who knows what the situation is in half a year.

Let's hope for the best!

Unfortunately there are people that just don't care and do what ever they want, give them the biggest fines possible :)

It's only July! 5 and a half more months to go before Christmas...

I don't think the govt are going to prohibit Christmas gatherings, rather ask to keep them as small as possible. But who knows what the situation is in half a year.

Let's hope for the best!
It's not the prohibition of Xmas gatherings that is the problem - how to get people from different states together for Xmas is, particularly when the most viable mode of transport is by air.

One of my relatives has reduced lung capacity due to a hit-and-run accident a few years ago, so she is -understandably - very nervous about travelling if the virus still exists at Xmas.

And don't forget - this virus has already been around for going on seven months, so the likelihood of it being still around in December is not as far-fetched as it might seem.

It's not the prohibition of Xmas gatherings that is the problem - how to get people from different states together for Xmas is, particularly when the most viable mode of transport is by air.

One of my relatives has reduced lung capacity due to a hit-and-run accident a few years ago, so she is -understandably - very nervous about travelling if the virus still exists at Xmas.

And don't forget - this virus has already been around for going on seven months, so the likelihood of it being still around in December is not as far-fetched as it might seem.

Right, I sometimes forget about distances since I live in a country that's as big as an average American city :D

Not really celebrating holidays myself I wouldn't mind having to skip one if it's better for the general health but I understand that for some/most families these gatherings are their once a year get-togethers.

I mentioned stock-piling beginning again in an earlier post.

So would anyone care to offer their view on when stock-piling is .... not actually stock-piling? Or when it is?

If something is on a really good special, and if it is a product I use regularly, as in almost daily, I often buy 2-3 of that product, e.g. washing-up liquid, hand-wash, tissues, tinned tomatoes, coconut cream, weetbix, peanut butter, vegemite, shower gel, fabric conditioner, red/green/yellow curry paste, etc.

Now I don't consider this stockpiling, rather judicious purchases that end up saving me loads of money.

Or am I being hypocritical, as the end result is that I have a store cupboard full of goodies?

Right, I sometimes forget about distances since I live in a country that's as big as an average American city :D
I love Belgium. Spent a lot of time working there in the early 20's, on an Electrabel project. Got to know the airport/airport hotels/Diegem really, really well. :D

And the Belgians I met were among the nicest - and smartest - people on the planet.

I mentioned stock-piling beginning again in an earlier post.

So would anyone care to offer their view on when stock-piling is .... not actually stock-piling? Or when it is?

If something is on a really good special, and if it is a product I use regularly, as in almost daily, I often buy 2-3 of that product, e.g. washing-up liquid, hand-wash, tissues, tinned tomatoes, coconut cream, weetbix, peanut butter, vegemite, shower gel, fabric conditioner, red/green/yellow curry paste, etc.

Now I don't consider this stockpiling, rather judicious purchases that end up saving me loads of money.

Or am I being hypocritical, as the end result is that I have a store cupboard full of goodies?

That doesn't sound hypocritical to me. Rather it sounds like common sense.

We use rice almost daily in our household. I buy it @ 20kg a pop. Not because of stockpiling, because I can't be arsed to buy it on a daily basis.

Edit: I forgot beer. I do stockpile that one. :p

Super Silent majority coming out this November Baby!

I thought Trump pardoning stone was a sign he feels he could lose in November, I wonder when the first presidential debates will happen as that could be decisive; might be a bit more frosty due to the ukraine thing though, and not sure donald and Joe have ever met before [unlike hillary who he knew]

edit: sorry folks I thought I was in the NK thread :p

Super Silent majority coming out this November Baby!
Over in the NK thread, I am about to add a link and a quote from that link that should be mandatory reading for everyone...IMHO opinion of course.

Basically, if you don't hold a mainstream leftist opinion, then you are fair game for this despicable 'Cancel culture' that is threatening free speech, which is why so many people are scared to openly state their beliefs/political leanings these days.

1984 anyone?

Over in the NK thread, I am about to add a link and a quote from that link that should be mandatory reading for everyone...IMHO opinion of course.

Basically, if you don't hold a mainstream leftist opinion, then you are fair game for this despicable 'Cancel culture' that is threatening free speech, which is why so many people are scared to openly state their beliefs/political leanings these days.

1984 anyone?
I liked your post.
In exchange for that, i would like you to tell Mina that a roadrunner cant catch up to a bear because the roadrunner is slower.
Even Poohlar bears are faster than roadrunners.
Also, please tell Ternur that everybody knows that 90% of the rice he buys gets turned into Sake.

nn.gif

I thought Trump pardoning stone was a sign he feels he could lose in November, I wonder when the first presidential debates will happen as that could be decisive; might be a bit more frosty due to the ukraine thing though, and not sure donald and Joe have ever met before [unlike hillary who he knew]

Didnt Trump say he wouldnt take part in any debates?
I might be remembering that wrong.

I suspect never when there is such a huge divergence of views on Coronavirus

We have those who are concerned and taking every measure to protect themselves
Those who believe it is the same as the common cold
Those who say I don't know anyone who has caught it so it can't be that bad
Those who just don't care anyway as they believe only 70 year olds are at risk

And finally the lunatics who believe it is all a worldwide plot to enable the governments to institute a form of mind control by making us wear masks in public (I'm struggling to see the benefit to the government there!)

What is clear is that our governments are largely incompetent, our scientists in many cases don't know which way up their arses are as they all come out with conflicting advice, and finally the human race contains a significant number of self centered assholes who would walk into a bar coughing and spluttering with full coronavirus because it is "their right to have a pint". Too many dickheads obsessed with their own rights and a total disregard for other peoples rights.

Actually Trump didn't pardon Stone, he commuted his sentence. Presidents typically issue pardons/commutations in their last week in office, not Trump though.

However the liberal cities been releasing criminals for a long time now so its not a big deal to commute Stones' sentence.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I haven't read the NK thread in more than 2 months but I brought it up a few times since 2018, remember I said progressives are dangerous two times actually, well you saw them in action.

When the progressive AOC was elected in 2018 I said "the seed has been planted" and I said start learning mandarin a couple times.

I thought it would be in 2024 or 2028 but the Floyd murder and the COVID19 fast tracked it.
Its much worse than I ever imagined.

You're looking at a complete one party rule of the country if the progressives gain control of the executive branch (the presidency), the senate and retain the house. Then they'll have some real power, right now all these gestures, tearing down statues, writing Black Lives Matter are all symbolic.

Biden is going to be what I coin, a pino. (president in name only) Either a far left vice president will be in charge or some panel of far left radical liberals.

If they seize power, they want to turn Washington DC in to the 51st state and legalize up to 22 illegals. Both will ensure they stay in power for a few election cycles. You might even see the end of the Republican party.

Trumps wall is coming down and eventually they will tax and spend the country into obliteration and decimate the military budget to pay for the nanny state. The EU will have to get their own army.

The US will no longer be a super power and some other country perhaps not as friendly as the US will become the world's super power. ie.. start learning mandarin.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back