Corona virus - Covid 19 discussion

Alot of fun was had in the UK yesterday.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Article in Dutch but the pictures are awesome :cheerleader:
Rightly so, many have stuck to this nonsense for months handled terribly by the gov by all accounts.

I wasn’t one, i foolishly ‘played it safe’ and went to a mates for a good few bottles of scotch, wish I’d gone to the pub instead...
been dying all day.

man, ef this virus :(

as many know, my dad passed during the pandemic and being in a home, we didnt get to see him.

Breaks my heart, 2 of my best friends (sisters) just lot their father and they werent able to spend the time with him either

FTR..I dont blame the system; far better to not visit and have 10 deaths on your hands

but a reminder, this still affects many people and it's a god..damned..hard time.

Love to all and stay strong, better days ahead :)

2021 better all round, ya?

as many know, my dad passed during the pandemic and being in a home, we didnt get to see him.

Agreed and apologies if my above post came across thoughtless, well it did and wasn’t at all intended dino.

Breaks my heart, 2 of my best friends (sisters) just lot their father and they werent able to spend the time with him either

FRT..I dont blame the system; far better to not visit and have 10 deaths on your hands

but a reminder, this still affects many people and it's a god..damned..hard time.

FRT..I dont blame the system; far better to not visit and have 10 deaths on your hands

It's always sad to hear news like these. But I do agree, sometimes that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Or the one.

Ya.

Alot of fun was had in the UK yesterday.

Article in Dutch but the pictures are awesome :cheerleader:
We like to put on a good show for the rest of the world, I mean this is why we are so universally-loved. Just look at Brexit for example

Favourite snap is this one, it shows that unshakeable brotherly bond only found when completely shit-faced

britits.jpg

Quick one as this hangover is clinging to me more than a blonde around a rich old man with a Ferrari...
just a beef dinner, 3rd of the day.
Some greens and mash, parsnips and carrots and Yorkshire’s.
Bit of mustard also and mint sauce...
I’ll be devouring this then bed to fight off this hangover.
washed down with apple and black currant juice.
Peace and love you all!.

Attachments

• 4E9F5EAA-5105-4C33-BCAC-A2FDFC69C6C3.jpeg
    4E9F5EAA-5105-4C33-BCAC-A2FDFC69C6C3.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 13
Quick one as this hangover is clinging to me more than a blonde around a rich old man with a Ferrari...
just a beef dinner, 3rd of the day.
Some greens and mash, parsnips and carrots and Yorkshire’s.
Bit of mustard also and mint sauce...
I’ll be devouring this then bed to fight off this hangover.
washed down with apple and black currant juice.
Peace and love you all!.
Nice dinner; sorry the sobriety didnt catch

Nice dinner; sorry the sobriety didnt catch
Wasn’t my fault, a friend last night whom I was best man for asked me over for a scotch or 2.

woke up feeling like death (all his fault)

now in bed, sox at the bottom end snoring.
Tomorrow I’ll be back to life like a gremlin whom has been doused with water!..

Wasn’t my fault, a friend last night whom I was best man for asked me over for a scotch or 2.

woke up feeling like death (all his fault)

now in bed, sox at the bottom end snoring.
Tomorrow I’ll be back to life like a gremlin whom has been doused with water!..
I'm not being mean; I'm just rooting for you, the little one and Sox :)

ps, not his fault :thumbsup:

Saw this earlier.
Study saying herd immunity is likely not possible.
Well, atleast Sweden tried.

We did 3 studies on this since April, at first the % of people with antibodies went up to like 6-7% but now it's on the decline again and was at around 4-5% the last time they did tests.
Numbers might be slightly off because my memory is awesome but it showed that once we passed the peak the amount of people with antibodies decreased.

Anyway, let's hope Trump doesn't hear about this Oxford study... Because the conclusion basically says: "the virus just appeared one day and it'll be gone one day too, just like SARS1". :laugh:

First I have to say I take COVID seriously. I take all the necessary precautions. I do believe that we need to reopen economies because the fallout of shutdown has serious long term consequences worldwide which could lead to far more deaths due to Famine and possible destabilization in poorer countries. Vulnerable people and the elderly (especially ones in care homes) need to be shielded but people have to get back to some semblance of normality soon.

First I have to say I take COVID seriously. I take all the necessary precautions. I do believe that we need to reopen economies because the fallout of shutdown has serious long term consequences worldwide which could lead to far more deaths due to Famine and possible destabilization in poorer countries. Vulnerable people and the elderly (especially ones in care homes) need to be shielded but people have to get back to some semblance of normality soon.

I agree that with Covid you should take no chances.

I wonder though, regarding economies, if its not time for radical change. Wont happen but there is enough resources for everyone worldwide should everybody get together for the benefit of mankind.

Like i said, wont happen though so i guess your right the economies need to move.

My latest purchase (well not clicked to buy yet) - Anybody know if these kind of masks are any good with the carbon filter inserts?

Screenshot 2020-07-07 at 06.23.08.png

I agree that with Covid you should take no chances.

I wonder though, regarding economies, if its not time for radical change. Wont happen but there is enough resources for everyone worldwide should everybody get together for the benefit of mankind.

Like i said, wont happen though so i guess your right the economies need to move.

My latest purchase (well not clicked to buy yet) - Anybody know if these kind of masks are any good with the carbon filter inserts?

View attachment 136267
[

[/QUOTE]
Lets be honest, most of this crap is made in China - given that the government and medical staff are recommending that if you don't have masks you use a scarf I suspect these will suffice. Bottom line is that anything is better than nothing, and the mere fact that you are buying masks shows that you have a mind set which will protect you to a degree

I see nothing wrong with being paranoid, I shop first thing in the morning when most people or not up, I wear a mask when I am walking through the shops and when I am out running through country paths I step to the side in the bushes and turn my back if people are coming out of respect for their sensibilities. (also gives me an excuse for rest :))

We have to get the economy moving again - but it would help if people didn't act like dickheads and rush together like mass herds of sheep every time the restrictions are loosened (such as the 3 hour queues for McDonalds recently). Hopefully they can fix Coronavirus, one thing they will never be able to fix though is the severe case of "Stupid" that much of the population seems to be infected with.

Laughable really, bordering on parody

In summary, care home workers are to blame for the virus rampaging through unabated, NOT his insistence on prioritizing the NHS over, you know, everything and everyone else!

Definitely a low-point for him, I can see what some of his detractors see in him. Even Trump - but we'll leave that for another day.......Thursday maybe? :eek:

Laughable really, bordering on parody

In summary, care home workers are to blame for the virus rampaging through unabated, NOT his insistence on prioritizing the NHS over, you know, everything and everyone else!

Definitely a low-point for him, I can see what some of his detractors see in him. Even Trump - but we'll leave that for another day.......Thursday maybe? :eek:

In all fairness the guy is in a no win scenario here. Everyone wants everything off him, and every charity, organisation, business think they are the main priority. If he says old people die because they are fragile and don't look after themselves, help the aged will be down on his arse. If he says that the homeless need to take more care of themselves, the homeless charities will be down on his arse.

And don't even start me off on business. Every business in the country thinks they should be at the front for handouts - even the theatres in London which charge large ticket prices, and cater in a large part to tourists who aren't coming here are saying that being given £1.57bn isn't enough.

Meanwhile we open up pubs for drunks, McDonalds for fat people, bookies for gambling addicts - but keep Gyms, Libraries and swimming pools closed.

In all fairness the guy is in a no win scenario here. Everyone wants everything off him, and every charity, organisation, business think they are the main priority. If he says old people die because they are fragile and don't look after themselves, help the aged will be down on his arse. If he says that the homeless need to take more care of themselves, the homeless charities will be down on his arse.

And don't even start me off on business. Every business in the country thinks they should be at the front for handouts - even the theatres in London which charge large ticket prices, and cater in a large part to tourists who aren't coming here are saying that being given £1.57bn isn't enough.

Meanwhile we open up pubs for drunks, McDonalds for fat people, bookies for gambling addicts - but keep Gyms, Libraries and swimming pools closed.

Agree not everyone would have been pleased with the difficult decisions faced.

However, conviction and certainty was what was needed.

Yes face masks work.
Yes we will lockdown immediately.
No you cant fly or travel.
No you cant protest about anything except the pandemic during a pandemic.

Just the first 4 that spring to mind.

Yes, you can combat stupid a little with harsher measures though i totally get what you are saying.

Well yes, quite

Though in this case I'm specifically mentioning care homes as they've been treated worst of all, bordering on national scandal. Especially given the conflicting advice doled out to care workers and how the Government have left them to die off serenely in the background

Probably why it's dominating the headlines and why people are calling for the PM to apologize for his remarks. But of course there's more chance of hell freezing over

So while it saddens me that businesses and the likes of McDonald's were unable to trade for a number of months, it's hardly 'just another' request placed on him at the time is it. But certainly a demonstrable case of "I'm alright Jack"

And yes the whole thing's been bungled from the outset, and I too am puzzled as to how pubs are allowed to open (watch that Social Distancing everyone! Oh shit Mike's stacked it and is piggy-backing John!) and gyms are closed.

Truth be told they're not even comparable, I'd rather the Government had doled out masks et al to nurses and care homes than tell workers masks aren't necessary. A complete and utter disgrace

But certainly a demonstrable case of "I'm alright Jack"

Im afraid this is the crux of the problem for me in that most of our leaders are so out of touch with the majority of the nation and so unaffected by the consequences of what they do and we are so conditioned to accept their continual oppression that until something drastic happens everything will remain the same for the benefit of the 1%.

For me the biggest issue and biggest debacle in this whole affair was at the outset the government stating that "masks don't help and people shouldn't wear them" to a couple of months later "make sure you wear masks on trains and in confined spaces to avoid passing on infection"

I never took notice of their advice in any case - if covering your nose and mouth with masks was of no utility, why did they issue them to nurses and doctors. I do wonder how many people might not have suffered if they suggested at the beginning to wear masks - and I'm not talking about depriving the medical staff of surgical grade masks they needed, just a cover up with anything as they are suggesting now.

And yes the whole thing's been bungled from the outset, and I too am puzzled as to how pubs are allowed to open (watch that Social Distancing everyone! Oh shit Mike's stacked it and is piggy-backing John!) and gyms are closed.

I was going to the gym while this was going on before they closed. Everyone was wearing gloves, keeping their distance, wiping down machines after use and observing all safety regulations. Bottom line is that people who go to gyms care about their fitness and their health and therefore are ultra careful.

Compare that to the opening of the pubs, groups clustered together with no care for social distancing and doubtless shouting and screaming in each others faces at the end of the night.

Sadly Boris looks like he may have knocked down a fair few pints and pasties in his time, but I am guessing he thinks Gym is a guy who empties his dustbins once a week :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back