Corona virus - Covid 19 discussion

Think we have to remember this covid thing is far from over, 337 UK deaths in the last day show that.
All the positive news about pubs, racing and most shops opening soon might cheer us up but now is not
the time to let our guard down,hopefully it will fizzle out or at least relent long enough to allow a vaccine
to become available but nothing is certain.
I dont think there will be a vaccine for years. I also think that we have got to accept its just another way that nature (or the Wuhan Lab) has it in for us. Either way we cant lock ourselves away, stop our way of life, and close contact with others etc. It is what it is, life must go on.

Letting new Wifi to be visible in public got quite a lot of attention and people trying to join and ping it.. Maybe better stop trying to be funny, didn't expect so many attempts within very short time, with my luck some super hackercracker pass by and my old adult movies (referring to my James Bond collection here) are soon leaked all over which could cause copyright violations.

Living in quite central area where people pass by a lot but didn't think this many people spot it... And even dare to try to get in COVID after all media coveragr, crazy peeps trying to kill themselves with my wifi.

1590769594344.png

Probably a BACs payment, no?

If so, I’d expect Tuesday morning earliest possibly...
It was a card refund mate back to my card that I paid with somebody I know with halifax got hers today and we both got refunded on the same day can’t work out what day I’ll get it it’s a large sum so I’m nervous Cos they’ve messed around so much it’s took months to get the refund lol

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Yeah, I was already wondering if the coronavirus had disappeared now.

But tbh, restrictions have been lifted at record speed over here. In just 2 weeks time most are gone now and in a week restaurants and pubs can open again (with restrictions ofcourse). One of our main state virologists also said that even tho people still get infected it seems that there are way less severe cases now. Nobody really commented on that in the media but does that perhaps mean the virus has mutated to being less lethal? I can understand if they don't want to formally put out that statement but he dropped that line very casually in an interview.

Yeah, I was already wondering if the coronavirus had disappeared now.

But tbh, restrictions have been lifted at record speed over here. In just 2 weeks time most are gone now and in a week restaurants and pubs can open again (with restrictions ofcourse). One of our main state virologists also said that even tho people still get infected it seems that there are way less severe cases now. Nobody really commented on that in the media but does that perhaps mean the virus has mutated to being less lethal? I can understand if they don't want to formally put out that statement but he dropped that line very casually in an interview.
A lot of restrictions here as well; though, we didnt really have any severe ones; drive ins to reopen, most stores, providing they practice social distancing

One of my main concerns is easing flight restrictions too soon. With the daily number of new cases at an all time high (and will get much higher during next month) then allowing worldwide travel would be a fatal mistake.

I hope this is given the careful consideration it needs but somehow I fear this will be the catalyst for reversing the progress some countries have made.

Seems like the wonder drug is causing a bit of concern with real medical experts....

Anybody click the link on this page explaining more about why this drug is not being used.........

This is in there...what the f*"k!?

'Despite Trump's enthusiasm for using hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19 treatment, his own government's Food and Drug Administration warns against it.

Brazil's health minister on Wednesday recommended using chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine to treat even mild COVID-19 cases.

Britain has ordered £35 million ($42 million) worth of hydroxychloroquine, despite numerous studies showing it is ineffective in treating COVID-19 and may even be more dangerous than doing nothing.'

Social distancing is all but a memory round here; woman next door to us had her 10 mates round, all pawing over each other (why the urge to sit close to folk, even without Covid, is beyond me), all in and out of the house.

Also, she works in a care home so I'm sure the families of those in it will be pleased to know that - even heard one of the guys saying 'if anyone says anything to us just say...' - morons.

I should have volunteered for that space trip yesterday.

Talking to a nurse who came to attend my wife on Friday.She says its just crazy lifting restrictions at
this speed at this stage and also said the care home situation was just so bad, shoving untested patients
into the most vunerable groups possible.
Seems to me we are tossing the dice here,it will end up fine or very bad,with the way people were behaving
before the new rules came in I fear it will be the latter.

Is this much wrong here as it shows quite far from all time high or anything to be considered really high? Assume people still have choice to stay home how long ever they wish, but with this amount lock (whoch UK population?) everybody to home just sounds weird to me.

Mandatory lockdowns without really necessary reasoning behind it sounds still weird for free western countries, just my opinion of course but thought people could be given choose themselves how they wish to live their lives... Usually it's mostly criminals who get to jail or home arrest, can't see really point to force people to it.

1590921459545.png

Is this much wrong here as it shows quite far from all time high or anything to be considered really high? Assume people still have choice to stay home how long ever they wish, but with this amount lock (whoch UK population?) everybody to home just sounds weird to me.

Mandatory lockdowns without really necessary reasoning behind it sounds still weird for free western countries, just my opinion of course but thought people could be given choose themselves how they wish to live their lives... Usually it's mostly criminals who get to jail or home arrest, can't see really point to force people to it.

View attachment 132947
When I referred to an all time high, I was referring to the number of daily cases worldwide and not specifically the UK. Hence my concern with easing flight restrictions too early.

View attachment 132947

Problem it we couldnt just do nothing and hope it would go away, cases were rising very fast and
some action had to be taken.seems to have worked so far, just hope we dont fuck it up now

When I referred to an all time high, I was referring to the number of daily cases worldwide and not specifically the UK. Hence my concern with easing flight restrictions too early.

Sorry, me read bad.

Don't think huge amount of sick people would travel now though as everybody should be quite well aware about symptoms which wasn't case two months ago. Don't think it get to point where these are really near of zero worldwide anyway.

Problem it we couldnt just do nothing and hope it would go away, cases were rising very fast and
some action had to be taken.seems to have worked so far, just hope we dont fuck it up now

Couldn't that be trusted to people little bit more instead of government need to make these extreme mandatory restrictions where everybody are jailed to stay home? If it's over 90% of people who wish to stay home, then it's working out itself but at least start to hear from people that it's not a case that all would like to continue doing that so in that point if would start question how many people actually want to be locked down and if it start to be many who doesn't, it just start to feel bit unfair, some could speak about human rights where other half of people can force other half to be jailed home.

Sorry, me read bad.

Don't think huge amount of sick people would travel now though as everybody should be quite well aware about symptoms which wasn't case two months ago. Don't think it get to point where these are really near of zero worldwide anyway.
Problem is the 14 day incubation period where you could be without symptoms and still carry the virus.

You don't need to get to zero but there are still over 1.6k new cases in UK each day that seems quite high.

Really? In whole UK, don't know where that measure is wanted then but i wouldn't consider it so high that all restrictions still should stay in place.

It seems that the government have decided bit same, so just wonder where that wish to these are coming from and how fair it's to make it mandatory to all? Staying home locked down is possible without it being mandatory so think it would be more fair to let people who wish to live bit more normal to it instead forcing everybody to stay home. Guess also government decision to easy these restriction is based on something (at least hope they haven't have a coinflip) and maybe they even listen some virologist and other peeps who should be able to make some educated guess about situation.

Just wonder where that's based that restrictions should remain and how much of population is actually supporting it and ready to force others to do what they want.

Sorry, me read bad.

Couldn't that be trusted to people little bit more instead of government need to make these extreme mandatory restrictions where everybody are jailed to stay home? If it's over 90% of people who wish to stay home, then it's working out itself but at least start to hear from people that it's not a case that all would like to continue doing that so in that point if would start question how many people actually want to be locked down and if it start to be many who doesn't, it just start to feel bit unfair, some could speak about human rights where other half of people can force other half to be jailed home.

The human rights angle has been argued IIRC and the conclusion of it was the measures represented a departure from them but that the right to life trumped them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back