Coronavirus

Slottery

PABnoaccred
MM
This grahp from WHO was today in Finnish paper, red are amount of cases and black line is deaths (in whole Europe) which can suggest that mortality rate have come really low compare to spring. Finnish health guy who have been giving interviews about this said that Corona at the moment is not what it looked at spring (which this graph supports). Spain was used as example, spring time when Corona did hit hard, 47% of infected needed hospital care, now same number is 4% and also that even there is no exact magic medicine, health care have learnt how to threat and cure infected people better. Mortality rate is much over 1% there at the moment.

Like Ben mentioned above, it just don't make things better to introduce some new lockdown and extreme strict rules. People really start to get loads of other problems when losing jobs, getting mental problems, some "normal" hospital threatment is delayed a lot when so much resources are reserved for Corona.

There really is no that valid reason to make people lives more miserable with lockdowns or other extreme rules but let these people try to live normally who are willing to. All still have choice to stay home and avoid all possible contacts, that's been allowed all the time, now would be time that all make personal risk assessments and follow them (of course think about other people around and keep distances etc... easy things when ever possible). Also risk groups like elderly people, all who don't have many years left, don't wanna spend them alone without seeing their loved ones but rather take that quite small risk what there exist at the moment.

There are loads of things which are unknown about this virus but there are others as well which can cause some long term harm, but it's really hard to see valid point at the moment to force all to follow some strict rules and lockdowns when it start to feel that majority would like to try to get back to somehow normal world and have a job etc...

Hope everyone here are doing well.

1600157491902.png

Playford7

Banned User
MM
Totally dismissing corona as a threat cooking with playford, and sox when she can be arsed to get involved.

Fridge freezer was low, for some salmon fillets, sesame covered on the skin.

Just generic home grown potatoes, done in a tad of butter and mint.

Green beans from my own garden done in butter and a hint of garlic.

Salad sadly from a box that needed using up.

Oh and peas, from the playford garden of wonders and merriment.

Topped with a lemon, tarragon and parsley sauce, some garlic granted.

And a fine over cooked bread roll.

Best wishes off to eat folks 85FEE803-98E9-4FF1-8BA2-415A17C2CC70.jpeg 36DE81FB-96A9-4262-9243-CA61B313B5B4.jpeg

Playford7

Banned User
MM
5EA874F8-746D-44B7-94D2-AC017A55BD5C.jpeg Just a brief follow up to my above post of culinary perfection, tad tired so sorted Sox’s bed out on the sofa as she prefers it there when it’s humid.

Washed a few dishes and went to bed..

Sox decided its better we are both boiling tonight so took residence on my bed looking cute.

Sox 1- 0 dad

Kroffe

เ๓ ค Ŧคภςץ ๒єคг
MM
Totally dismissing corona as a threat cooking with playford, and sox when she can be arsed to get involved.

Fridge freezer was low, for some salmon fillets, sesame covered on the skin.

Just generic home grown potatoes, done in a tad of butter and mint.

Green beans from my own garden done in butter and a hint of garlic.

Salad sadly from a box that needed using up.

Oh and peas, from the playford garden of wonders and merriment.

Topped with a lemon, tarragon and parsley sauce, some garlic granted.

And a fine over cooked bread roll.

Best wishes off to eat folks View attachment 141733 View attachment 141734
Homegrown potatoes are great tho.
So much better than store-grown potatoes. :)

22.jpg

dealer wins

Hmmm Sweden v the world. I would say its 6-0 to Sweden. First goal no lockdown, 2nd goal no trashed economy, 3rd goal proved right, 4th goal no severe backlog of cancer and other critical care issues. 5th goal no mental and addiction issues resulting from citizens being under house arrest. 6th goal very strong signs of herd immunity.

Attachments

Kroffe

เ๓ ค Ŧคภςץ ๒єคг
MM
Hmmm Sweden v the world. I would say its 6-0 to Sweden. First goal no lockdown, 2nd goal no trashed economy, 3rd goal proved right, 4th goal no severe backlog of cancer and other critical care issues. 5th goal no mental and addiction issues resulting from citizens being under house arrest. 6th goal very strong signs of herd immunity.
Not seen anything recent about the economy, but a while back i saw some articles saying our economy got hit almost as hard as the countries that had a lockdown.
I dont remember all the reasons listed, but i think tourism,travel&import/export was part of it.

Last edited:

goatwack

Get dunked, big buns!
CAG
It's ludicrous, the whole crisis-management aspect alone of this virus, but worse is seeing people's visible confusion when actually out and about, away from the political peackocking of our nations' leaders.

Partner flashes a message on her phone stating she's exempt from wearing a mask, no one bats an eyelid, usually to the chorus of "Oh....ok!"

I throw her some shade and proceed to actually wear a mask

I don't wholly object to donning a rag to my face for a couple of minutes here and there, like at the vet's today + cab, annoying, but no harm done end of the day, it gets shit done

What IS annoying is seeing Joe Public and staff/ shopkeepers show mixed messages, it seems like a bit of a free-for-all, not really a 'combined' effort, is it :laugh:

And even more grating is the effect on public services, THAT's where everyone's got themselves in a flap, running around like scared sheep when some common sense would be useful.

Like a small thing like the vets, open FOUR HOURS A DAY with appointment wait times of over a week, and there's countless other examples one could cite! Gym staff dicking around without a care in the world etc.....so if they don't care, why should anyone else? Is anyone remotely interested in adhering to a team effort? I think not, it seems each man for himself

On the plus side, the vet was extremely fit, I got to give my eyes a treat when I was drooling beneath my mask. Just as well my partner wasn't there to see that state of affairs! In fact I'm not even sure what the vet was saying in the end, but I'm sure it was interesting

colinsunderland

Experienced Member
webmeister
MM
Could be worse, you could all live in the North East of England. Didn't post on here about it last night in case it was shite and didn't want to look stoopid, but turns out, unfortunately, out council leaders are muppets.

Kroffe

เ๓ ค Ŧคภςץ ๒єคг
MM
It's ludicrous, the whole crisis-management aspect alone of this virus, but worse is seeing people's visible confusion when actually out and about, away from the political peackocking of our nations' leaders.

Partner flashes a message on her phone stating she's exempt from wearing a mask, no one bats an eyelid, usually to the chorus of "Oh....ok!"

I throw her some shade and proceed to actually wear a mask

I don't wholly object to donning a rag to my face for a couple of minutes here and there, like at the vet's today + cab, annoying, but no harm done end of the day, it gets shit done

What IS annoying is seeing Joe Public and staff/ shopkeepers show mixed messages, it seems like a bit of a free-for-all, not really a 'combined' effort, is it :laugh:

And even more grating is the effect on public services, THAT's where everyone's got themselves in a flap, running around like scared sheep when some common sense would be useful.

Like a small thing like the vets, open FOUR HOURS A DAY with appointment wait times of over a week, and there's countless other examples one could cite! Gym staff dicking around without a care in the world etc.....so if they don't care, why should anyone else? Is anyone remotely interested in adhering to a team effort? I think not, it seems each man for himself

On the plus side, the vet was extremely fit, I got to give my eyes a treat when I was drooling beneath my mask. Just as well my partner wasn't there to see that state of affairs! In fact I'm not even sure what the vet was saying in the end, but I'm sure it was interesting
Did you go to the vet to have your snake checked?

i know you said its your partners snake, but it does not have quite the same ring to it.

Last edited:

slotplayer

Ueber Meister
webmeister
Not seen anything recent about the economy, but a while back i saw some articles saying our economy got hit almost as hard as the countries that had a lockdown.
I dont remember all the reasons listed, but i think tourism,travel&import/export was part of it.
Watched this CNN video on Sweden economy back in July.

Kroffe

เ๓ ค Ŧคภςץ ๒єคг
MM
Watched this CNN video on Sweden economy back in July.

Yeah, makes sense.
We will have to see if going forward maybe staying open will show some advantages like increased immunity so we will maybe have a milder second wave compared to countries who stayed locked down.
If the graph that dealer posted is accurate, we had our peak in July and its been going down since then.

I mean, we have 10x the cases Finland has, but only twice the population size, so i wont pretend Sweden has done anything right.
Now we just need to figure out if Finlands low numbers are vodka or sauna related before the next wave swings around.

Slottery

PABnoaccred
MM
I believe that summer and alcohol consumption have helped a lot, hope it's going to be like this that IFR and people who need hospital care remains really low as it is at the moment (these numbers 7 days old)

Estimation:

0-19 years: 0.00003
20-49 years: 0.0002
50-69 years: 0.005
70+ years: 0.054
Scenario 1-2

0-19 years: 0.00002
20-49 years: 0.00007
50-69 years: 0.0025
70+ years: 0.028
Scenario 3-4

0-19 years: 0.0001
20-49 years: 0.0003
50-69 years: 0.010
70+ years: 0.093
Percent that die among those hospitalized. Includes both non-ICU and ICU admissions

18-49 years: 2.4%

50-64 years: 10.0%

≥65 years: 26.6%
Also some other stats and explanations for these scenarios etc...

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Like wrote earlier, with these numbers we probably start to be really near (or my guess is that we have passed line already but don't want to underestimate pandemic and we all have our own opinions, even from these numbers and mine is not better than anyone else) to make more damage to people with some really strict restrictions which put people in big financial troubles, keep kids out from learning and risk that they get "excluded" from "normal" society and start to do some stupid things grows, loads of other medical threatments, operations etc... get postponed because of Covid taking so much resources (which are not in high use atm), been reported that people have mental health issues which is quite normal when you really are worried how you ever manage to get back in track with your mortgage or other things without job and that there are very few if restrictions are strict and also some (thanks for everyday shocking news where who ever is qualified to be expert who just can paint it black as possible) who read everyday how bad situation can get and picture that most of population is in danger to die.

This ain't gonna go away itself for while, wouldn't bet that actually working vaccine would be available within month or something (and then of course how long it takes to get for enough people when it naturally given to risk groups and key health employees etc...). I just don't see that another half a year with huge limitations of all people is right answer we are looking. Risk groups also are quite well known already, they should be kept safe when they want to and any other people who feel that it's better still to be in lockdown, can do it and it's perfectly ok. I just honestly don't find from these numbers reason to limit whole nations in majority of countries.

Living in Malta where we seem to have quite many cases, i'm happy to see that number of deaths haven't grown much from spring, population here is bit over 500k, now summer is exceptional as here are at least 70% less plains with tourists coming so keeping distances etc.. is easy enough. Not spending much time in pubs anyway even what situation is but not being working from home anymore (get bit boring just to speak with yourself too many months), seeing friends at dinner etc... And i don't feel that i'm bad person because i just don't stay home alone anymore after enough many months :)

Edit: Couldn't add picture about Malta situation from yesterday as it was too big and i'm hopeless with fixing them so here it is by numbers:

16th of September:
New cases: 106
Active cases: 591
Total cases: 2560
New recoveries: 22
Total recoveries: 1953
Total deaths: 14

Tests last 24h: 2470
Total tests: 221 162

Most of yesterdays cases are traced to clusters, family members or who have been in direct contact in work etc...

Last edited:

geordiecolin

Sells powdered water in the Gobi
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm4
Iv gave up following this crap; 6, 4, in a garden, outside of the garden allowed if you’ve one foot in the house etc.

Seem some articles about how X amount of ‘illegal’ house parties have been broken up as if it was some sort of thing for them to brag about. Christ.
I live in one of the areas that is supposedly hit the hardest by this "spike" in cases. I know that many kids are abusing the situation to stay off school and hang out with friends. I also know that locally there has been a rapid rise in the amount of tests done which in turn produces more positive cases. Most appear to have no symptoms.
Time to get back to normality and let those vulnerable take reasonable precautions

Edit. And let the young do what the young have always done. Go party and meet up with new people where they find partners and new friends and make plans for their future instead of sitting home getting depressed and lonely

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 10)