Corona virus - Covid 19 discussion

Wow, this thread has got a little heated.

I think people falling off of bikes is funny, no matter what age, don't want them hurt, it's just funny to me. And I think I have seen a change in some opinions as a result of our civilised discussions.

The announcement another pandemic is on the way is nothing new, but it being so prevalent in the press is, and I get the impression we are looking at yearly scaremongering now, rather than something to be fearful of every few decades.

The only logical conclusion that I can find from my limited understanding of this, is that it is because socially defunct mega-rich people want more money and control.

Going on a rant here, Goatie. Apologies in advance.

But why do you find it funny - or hilarious if you are a DM reader - that a nearly 80-year old fell off his bike?
Apologies.....not accepted :laugh:

Highlighting said fall or satirizing it isn't akin to someone keeling over in fits of laughter or finding it 'hilarious', but then any criticism of the great man himself results in default TDS, because how dare anyone mock this buffoon in whatever he does, eh!

Most people would agree that it's actually a tragedy that this dementia-ridden man is being wheeled out (pun intended) by people wishing to manipulate him when he's clearly not fit to run in office.

And if an 80-year old's daring enough to be cycling then with that comes potential risk, same as if a 10, 30 or 50-year old had done it. Is there an age limit as to when people are allowed to comment on someone falling off their bike? 🤔

The fact the he'd been going at about 2 MPH, stopped and keeled over whilst having his feet in the spokes, as one of many 'worrying' public cognitive failings of his, should be of grave concern to anyone, not ignored and gaslighted. Thankyou 🙌

Last edited:
Remember when populations were forewarned of diseases resurfacing that we thought we'd collectively long subdued?

Well I present to you:

Polio!

And from London too!

polio.jpg

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Apologies.....not accepted :laugh:

Highlighting said fall or satirizing it isn't akin to someone keeling over in fits of laughter or finding it 'hilarious', but then any criticism of the great man himself results in default TDS, because how dare anyone mock this buffoon in whatever he does, eh!

Most people would agree that it's actually a tragedy that this dementia-ridden man is being wheeled out (pun intended) by people wishing to manipulate him when he's clearly not fit to run in office.

And if an 80-year old's daring enough to be cycling then with that comes potential risk, same as if a 10, 30 or 50-year old had done it. Is there an age limit as to when people are allowed to comment on someone falling off their bike? 🤔

The fact the he'd been going at about 2 MPH, stopped and keeled over whilst having his feet in the spokes, as one of many 'worrying' public cognitive failings of his, should be of grave concern to anyone, not ignored and gaslighted. Thankyou 🙌
What a truly nasty response.

You have jumped on the "Biden has dementia' bandwagon with a vengeance - a slur started by Trump and his acolytes.

Biden does NOT have dementia. Yes, occasionally he misspeaks - who hasn't done that, irrespective of age? - but he then corrects himself. He is coherent and articulate - no bigly or bestest or covfefe or stable genius references in his well-written, well-spoken speeches.

So he had an accident when cycling at a low speed, and you call that "worrying public cognitive failings". What about incidences of of that very same thing happening among professional sportsmen? Clumsiness and accidents are not just the province of the elderly.

The reason I made my original comment was due to an elderly man being the target of derision. The fact that it was Biden was incidental.

"But then any criticism of the great man himself results in default TDS, because how dare anyone mock this buffoon in whatever he does, eh!.."

I am at a loss to understand where this vitriol is coming from. At one point in time, I loved reading your posts, as they were well balanced, and factual.

Not any more, as you really have taken the art of belittlement and demeaning someone to another level totally

And to those who liked your post - birds of a feather, and all that.

What a truly nasty response.

You have jumped on the "Biden has dementia' bandwagon with a vengeance - a slur started by Trump and his acolytes.

Biden does NOT have dementia. Yes, occasionally he misspeaks - who hasn't done that, irrespective of age? - but he then corrects himself. He is coherent and articulate - no bigly or bestest or covfefe or stable genius references in his well-written, well-spoken speeches.

So he had an accident when cycling at a low speed, and you call that "worrying public cognitive failings". What about incidences of of that very same thing happening among professional sportsmen? Clumsiness and accidents are not just the province of the elderly.

The reason I made my original comment was due to an elderly man being the target of derision. The fact that it was Biden was incidental.

"But then any criticism of the great man himself results in default TDS, because how dare anyone mock this buffoon in whatever he does, eh!.."

I am at a loss to understand where this vitriol is coming from. At one point in time, I loved reading your posts, as they were well balanced, and factual.

Not any more, as you really have taken the art of belittlement and demeaning someone to another level totally

And to those who liked your post - birds of a feather, and all that.
Correctomundo! I'm a hate-filled Trump-supporting bigot that positively revels in mocking the elderly!

To be honest, I couldn't care less about your strange assertions and your righteous indignation if something doesn't align with your views, so short of carrying on with this bilge you can happily block me and I'll block you, and everyone's happy :laugh:

And for the record, I'll happily resume calling out or commentating on topical issues, whether it be Biden falling off his bike, Boris, Macron or Jimmy Carter, and not because Ladyhawke deems it worthy of censorship. Thanks for the memories :cool:

giphy.webp

edit: oh shit, it's about me!

To be honest, I couldn't care less about your strange assertions and your righteous indignation if something doesn't align with your views,
Yup...starting a new group called The Righteous Sisters. I still fail to see how one comment about an elderly man has now caused your own righteous wrath to be directed my way.

so short of carrying on with this bilge you can happily block me and I'll block you, and everyone's happy :laugh:
Block me. Who cares. I am not going to return the favour as I am not a coward.

And for the record, I'll happily resume calling out or commentating on topical issues, whether it be Biden falling off his bike, Boris, Macron or Jimmy Carter, and not
Calling someone out "on topical issues" is totally different to what you were doing.

because Ladyhawke deems it worthy of censorship. Thanks for the memories :cool:
So....freedom of speech is only valid for you, not for anyone else? Disagree with you on any issue, and hoo boy, you start screaming censorship! censorship! censorship!

But of course, you won't be reading any of this, as you have now blocked me....happy trails.

But seriously, what's going on? First monkeypox, earlier today we hear about polio in London and now I just read this

It's all going down at once, no pun intended.
i'm not sure the experts even know for sure and i'm no expert but I'm guessing it's a combination of people not vaccinating their kids (and themselves) like they used to which makes herd immunity harder to do for various viruses. As well a lot of people not getting exposed to various viruses over the last couple of years suddenly mingling with each other....(I'm not talking sex parties here but i'm sure those are happening as well lol)

Yup...starting a new group called The Righteous Sisters. I still fail to see how one comment about an elderly man has now caused your own righteous wrath to be directed my way.

Block me. Who cares. I am not going to return the favour as I am not a coward.

Calling someone out "on topical issues" is totally different to what you were doing.

So....freedom of speech is only valid for you, not for anyone else? Disagree with you on any issue, and hoo boy, you start screaming censorship! censorship! censorship!

But of course, you won't be reading any of this, as you have now blocked me....happy trails.
Yes, I've blocked you, naturally. Even though I haven't. But as you were :laugh:

I recall you singling out my apparent glee as an avid DM- reader at an elderly man's mishap. What you'll find is various instances of his diminished mental capacity peppered in various comments, but of course you went with the pre-emptive attack about an 80-year old man.

I don't profess to like Biden or his presidency, but of course you had to turn it personal! Like I said, put any prominent figure in that clip and it would have got equal coverage :cool:

Commenting on Biden does not make you a Trump sympathiser, supporter or anything else you want to call someone.

It seems impossible to have an opinion nowadays without pigeon-holing the thought into left, right, or wherever else others decide another person's opinion should sit.

Personally have nothing against either Trump or Biden, but come on, let's get real, would you put either in charge of running a country? It's a laughable mockery of a so-called democratic system. And if you cannot see the wool being pulled over your own eyes, you are more brainwashed than you know.

Falling off of a bike is funny to some, and not to others. The guy can barely hold court on a microphone - that's not world leadership quality. Just because he is old, doesn't mean you should feel sorry for him and the position he is in, what a circus western democracy is.

p.s. Football Managers get sacked after a season of poor results, our world leaders get voted in for another 4 years, now that is hilarious...or is it?

Last edited:
Yes, I've blocked you, naturally. Even though I haven't. But as you were :laugh:

I recall you singling out my apparent glee as an avid DM- reader at an elderly man's mishap. What you'll find is various instances of his diminished mental capacity peppered in various comments, but of course you went with the pre-emptive attack about an 80-year old man.

I don't profess to like Biden or his presidency, but of course you had to turn it personal! Like I said, put any prominent figure in that clip and it would have got equal coverage :cool:
Actually, for all his faults Boris does rather well on bikes, even rides them competently around indoor obstacles.

(Although less well on the Krypton Factor-style 3D puzzle)

I suppose one shouldn't be so wary, I'm pretty sure this rollickin' rollout will be the sole preserve of the most vulnerable in society, and not be the start of governmental Covid strong-arming. Just no more graphs, PLEASE!

omi.jpg
"Uh-oh"

1656778290391.png

And just five times more effective? FIVE!?!

Makes it ten, then we'll talk :D

Hey, remember when the Government, and specifically Boris called the NHS our greatest asset? How 'we will win because of our NHS'? How they were the shining ray of hope in a time of uncertainty, and its workers to be revered, as the plaudits kept rolling?

Well, forget that shit, seems like that's a distant memory now. Back to being overworked and underpaid it is then, now that the worst is over!

nursey.jpg

Hey, remember when the Government, and specifically Boris called the NHS our greatest asset? How 'we will win because of our NHS'? How they were the shining ray of hope in a time of uncertainty, and its workers to be revered, as the plaudits kept rolling?

Well, forget that shit, seems like that's a distant memory now. Back to being overworked and underpaid it is then, now that the worst is over!

View attachment 169514
To be fair tho NHS staff get better sick pay conditions than most.

A lot of workers only get sick pay for a couple of weeks at the most and many just get statuatory sick pay,

The NHS normal conditions are six months full sick pay so they know any time they are off for a few weeks they will still get full pay.

To be fair tho NHS staff get better sick pay conditions than most.

A lot of workers only get sick pay for a couple of weeks at the most and many just get statuatory sick pay,

The NHS normal conditions are six months full sick pay so they know any time they are off for a few weeks they will still get full pay.
It's been something they've been trying to make tacit steps to review over the years. When i was there there were calls to introduce a condition of not being paid for the first X days sickness but all that would have achieved would have been people staying off for longer, even if fit to return, so talk around it was scrapped.

But yeah, lower base pay/less overtime? v suped up pensions/occupational maternity pay and sickness: hard to know many private companies matching some of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back