Columbus Day Quiz

Not so hot.
You got 3/8 correct.

not too bad seeing as i'm from the uk! :)

started with the first 2 correct then it went pete tonge! :rolleyes:

7/8 bitches! and i'm not even american. the one i missed was the name of the colony, since i never studied him. the "tarnished rep" one was a complete guess, but every other one i was fairly sure of. :thumbsup:

I hate to spoil the fun (no you don't, you meanie) but Cristabol Colon was a nefarious scoundrel and quite mentally ill. Certainly not a hero, nor does he deserve a day of praise.

Here is a long article in the
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
magazine; nonjudgemental but factual, and draws heavily from Cristabol's diaries and journals. Might as well know the truth, pretty or not.

But the sovereigns intervention came too late to save the Arawak people. The tragic sequence of events that began on that November day of 1492, one month after the Discovery, had to be played out to the bitter end. So that with the slaughter from the wars and the hunger and illnesses that resulted from them with so much sorrow, anguish and sadness, there did not remain of the multitudes of people which were in this island from the year 94 to 06 but a third, Las Casas wrote. Great harvest and accomplished in sufficiently short time, he added acidly.

Today the Arawak community of peoples, those innocents of Father Las Casas, who once inhabited in such numbers the larger islands of the Caribbean and who welcomed the white men to the New World, has vanished from the West Indies.

I am going to make a coaching change and since this is a home(pun intended) game, the designated hitter rule is in effect so I am going to replace myself in the lineup with none otherthan than THE GRANDMASTER. Just send me the prize money.:thumbsup:;):thumbsup:

I am going to make a coaching change and since this is a home(pun intended) game, the designated hitter rule is in effect so I am going to replace myself in the lineup with none otherthan than THE GRANDMASTER. Just send me the prize money.:thumbsup:;):thumbsup:

Is the quiz suspect or do you smell revisionist history in the making in the article I linked? Colon was a dickhead either way:D or is it far less sinister and your just GM will get them all correect?

I hate to spoil the fun (no you don't, you meanie) but Cristabol Colon was a nefarious scoundrel and quite mentally ill. Certainly not a hero, nor does he deserve a day of praise.

Here is a long article in the
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
magazine; nonjudgemental but factual, and draws heavily from Cristabol's diaries and journals. Might as well know the truth, pretty or not.

Killjoy ;)

Is the quiz suspect or do you smell revisionist history in the making in the article I linked? Colon was a dickhead either way:D or is it far less sinister and your just GM will get them all correect?
It far less sinister and GM will get them all correct pour moi!:thumbsup:

I got 4/8. My education was in Hawaii and at the time it ranked the lowest of all the states. Can you imagine now what it is like! OMG no wonder so many American high school students are illiterate. I at least know how to use a spell checker.

:lolup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back